Status: Finished

When She Cries

Chapter 14

Image

It's been a few months, and things are going... Pretty good. There's still the usual up's and down's, but nothing too drastic.

Mike and I got really close, to the point where he asked me out. I was really excited about that... What?! He's my first boyfriend... Sad, I know. But, let's just say that Dad and the guys weren't too excited about that. It took them a while to get used to it. Now they're all fine with him.

I was freaking out about tonight. Not only was it my birthday today, but I also had to perform. Remember that routine that Henry told me to get started on my second day of school? Well, that's what I was performing tonight... In front of the whole school and their parents! God, this was huge. I just hope I don't screw up...

"What's on your mind?" Mike asked as we sat in our usual spot for lunch.

"Tonight," I said, pushing my lunch away. I couldn't even eat because I was so nervous.

"Elle, you're going to do amazing, I know you will."

"Yeah, listen to your boy toy, Elle," Zeek said, sitting with us. He was another friend we had made these last few months. "We've been practicing with you for this long. I think we know how amazing you are," he said, smirking.

I rolled my eyes. "That still doesn't mean I can't be nervous!"

"About what?" Mike asked.

"Being in front of a bunch of people!"

Zeek laughed. "I think it's cute how shy you are."

"I'm not shy," I said, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Yes you are," Mike and Zeek said at the same time.

"Oh, screw you guys," I huffed, looking away from them.

"Come on, Elle. Just admit that you're going to be amazing and blow everyone away."

"I'm not going to jinx myself."

He sighed, shaking his head. "Whatever, you'll see tonight that Zeek and I are both right."

I couldn't respond to them, because I got a call. "Hello?"

"Hey, Baby. What're you doing after school?" Dad asked.

"Hanging out with Zeek and Mike before-"

"Great! That's all I needed to know. Love you, bye," he said, before hanging up.

"That was odd," I mumbled, looking down at my phone.

"What's wrong?" Mike asked.

I shook my head. "Nothing, just my dad being weird."

Zeek laughed. "That's not weird."

I nodded, laughing too. "So true."

After school, we went to Mike's house to chill out for a little bit. I was sitting on the couch with my feet in Mike's lap as he rubbed them. Zeek was on the floor, watching t.v.

"I swear, this shit is so annoying," he said, flipping the channel from Jersey Shore. "There's no point to it at all." I looked at what he turned on and started cracking up.

"Oh, and there's a point to Jackass?"

He grinned. "Yep! These guys making fools of themselves for our entertainment!"

"Exactly," Mike said, agreeing with him.

I shook my head. "You boys."

"You love us," Mike said, kissing my cheek.

"That I do. I don't know what I would do without you two."

"Probably be in a public school by now," Zeke said.

I looked down at him confused. "And why is that?"

"Because you would have gotten kicked out for beating the shit out of Cassidy," he said, smirking.

Mike nodded. "True." I hit his chest. "What?! It's true!" He said, laughing.

"I don't have that bad of a temper." They both looked at me with blank faces. "Okay! Only when I have to though."

"Sure, whatever you say, Elle," Zeek said.

God, these two...

When it was time to get ready, I put on something that Mike had helped me pick out. I did my hair and make up, before I warmed up with Mike and Zeek. They were doing parts of the performance with me, along with a few others.

"They aren't here yet," I mumbled, as I looked out at the audience.

"Don't worry, they'll show up," Mike said, kissing my shoulder.

"I'm on next, Mike!" I yelped, turning to look at him.

"Why don't I-"

"And next, we have Noelle Sanders!"

Dammit...

During the whole performance, I tried to keep my composure. They hadn't showed up, when they promised they would... I half expected Zacky not to since his little play mate keeps a tight leash on him.

My feet had already been hurting earlier, and this was just making them worse, but I didn't care. I was going to show Christy and the rest that I wasn't some screw up that they all thought I was.

When the curtain went down and the applause ended, I basically just collapsed to the floor. "Elle, you okay?" Zeek asked, being the first one to me.

"Yeah, I'm fine," I mumbled.

"Come on, Baby," Mike said, helping me up. "I told you that you would do amazing," he whispered in my ear as we walked back stage.

I didn't even bother to change before Mike took me home. He asked if I wanted him to come in with me, but I told him I could manage. My feet were just bruising badly and I could barely walk, but I didn't feel like being around anyone right now. Not even him...

The house was dark when I got inside. They must have gone out...

"Surprise!" The lights flew on and I saw all the guys and girls standing there, with a few other guys that I didn't recognize.

When I didn't even react, Dad was the first to say something. "Elle, why are you dressed up like that?" He asked, confused.

I laughed sarcastically, dropping my bag on the floor. "Oh, you know, I just had this recital tonight and everything. You know the one I put on the calendar a couple months ago? But it's no big deal."

"Oh, Elle..."

"Save it," I said, shaking my head, and running up to my room.
♠ ♠ ♠
Clothes