Status: Finished

When She Cries

Chapter 16

Image

It's been about a week since that night, and things have been different. Dad and the others have tried every day to do something to make up for missing my recital, and it was getting a little annoying. I know they just wanted to make it up to me... But still.

Another thing that has been odd is Mike. He's been acting weird and his eyes are always red. He says they're like that because of allergies, but I don't know...

"What's on your mind, Kiddo?" Jimmy asked, sitting next to me.

"A lot," I sighed, laying my head down in his lap.

"Wanna talk about it?" He asked, running his fingers through my hair.

"Not really."

"Are you sure?" He asked, trying to hide his concern.

"Is she asleep?" The one voice I didn't' want to hear made me cringe.

"No, we're just hanging out. Hey, guys." I stayed silent as everyone came in.

Well there goes mine and Uncle Jimmy's quiet time...

"You still not feeling good, Baby?" Dad asked.

"I'm just tired, I guess."

"How're your feet?" Michelle asked.

"Getting better, we haven't danced much this week."

"Where's your boy toy? He hasn't been around lately," Johnny said, smirking.

"I really don't want to think about that right now." I didn't mean to snap, but I did.

"Wow, someone's snappy," Zacky said.

"Sorry, gees," I grumbled, getting up from the couch.

"Does someone need some Midol? Damn."

I turned to glare at Zacky. "Yeah, actually. Do you have some? 'Cause with the way you've been acting like an ass lately, I'm sure you have some that you haven't been taking."

"Elle," Dad said warningly. I wrapped my arms around myself, glaring down at the floor.

"Matt, don't. He has been an ass lately," Leana said, standing up for me.

The bell suddenly rung, saving me from them continuing. I walked to the front door to see who it was. "Hey, Baby," Mike said. "Let's go out tonight."

I sighed, running my hand through my hair. "Well, it's better than staying here. Just let me get ready real quick." He followed me up to my room, trying to avoid the living room. "Okay, let's go." I said a few minutes later, coming out of the bathroom changed. I reached down to grab my bag, when I felt Mike's arm wrap around my waist. "What're you doing?" I asked as his lips started planting kisses on my neck.

"What? I can't kiss my girl friend?" He asked, continuing.

"It's just new," I mumbled, trying to get rid of the feeling in my stomach.

"Elle." The knock on my door made us both jump.

"Yeah?" I called, trying to get my heart beat back to normal.

The door opened to reveal Brian. "I thought we said no doors closed when boys are in the room," he said, looking at Mike, but talking to me.

"Sorry," I said softly, not meeting his gaze.

"It's okay. You guys going out?"

"Yeah, probably just to a movie and stuff. Regular Friday night stuff." I really had no clue what Mike had planned, and I wasn't sure if I wanted to know...

"Alright, just be home by midnight, like usual."

"I will." I headed down stairs, Mike right behind me.

As soon as we were in his car, some of the tension was lifted. "Why did you tell him that?" He asked suddenly as we pulled out of the drive way.

I gave him confused look. "Tell him what? That we were going to a movie?"

"Yeah."

"Well, I had no idea what you had planned anyways. I just assumed..."

He gave me a side glance. "We won't be going to the movies tonight."

"Then where are we going?"

"A party."

Oh God...

*Brian's P.O.V.*

We all looked out the window as Elle and Mike drove off. "Does anyone else have a sudden bad feeling about this kid?" Johnny asked.

"Yeah, he has been acting weird lately," I said.

"Maybe he's just having a rough week," Lacey said, trying not to head in the direction we were. She always tried to give someone the benefit of the doubt.

"I don't know... But we'll just have to keep a closer eye on him now," Jimmy said, crossing his arms over his chest. He never really accepted Elle dating Mike. As long as she was happy, he was semi okay with it.

"Well aren't you guys going to be recording soon?" Christy randomly asked.

"Yeah? So?" Matt said, giving her a questioning look.

"How do you expect to record while trying to spy on her and her boyfriend."

I was starting to get annoyed with Zacky's trash, and everyone else was too. "She has a name, which you need to learn to fucking use. And we find time to look out for our family. Sorry if you can't understand that," Val practically yelled, before stomping off. All the girls followed after her, but not before glaring at Christy.

Damn, Momma Val in action is scary...

"Did I say something wrong?" Christy said.

God, what a bimbo.

*Elle's P.O.V.*

The car ride to the party was pretty quiet. I kept having a bad feeling, but I continued to ignore it. When we got to the party, it just got worse.

Mike held my hand as we walked through the house and to a back room. The room was filled with smoke and other weird smells. There were a few people scattered on the couches either smoking, making out or something else... Or just sitting there, staring off into space.

"Mike, my man. How's it going?" One of them said.

"Great. What do you have tonight?"

They started their conversation as I just stood there, feeling really uncomfortable. "I'm just going to go get some air," I told Mike, who waved me off.

I breathed in the fresh air once I was out back. Even though I'm around the guys when they smoke, I still don't like it. Plus, that wasn't cigarette smoke in there. I didn't know what it was...

"What's a pretty little thing like you doing out here by yourself?" I turned to see a guy leaning against the wall of the house.

"Just needed some air," I said, giving a small smile.

He finished whatever was in his cup, before randomly throwing it and making his way over to me. "It does get a bit stuffy in there, doesn't it?" He said, slowly running his hand up and down my arm. I was starting to get a bit shaky. I didn't like the way he was acting... "Now, how about we go upstairs. I'm sure you don't want to be alone tonight," he mumbled as his hands found my hips and his mouth connected to my neck.

"Get off of me," I said, trying to push him away. That wasn't working too well...

"Hey! Get the hell off of my girl!" I heard Mike yell, before the guy was yanked off of me. He punched him a few times, before coming over to me. "What the fuck was that?!" He yelled, grabbing me by the top of my arms. "You say you're going for some air and I found you out here with some other guy?!"

"I was trying to push him off of me." My voice barely came out as a whisper as fear ran through me. Flash backs played through my mind.

He didn't say anything else, before his lips crashed down onto mine. "Your my girlfriend, no one else's." He let go of my arms and I nodded. "Let's go inside." He dragged me over to where everyone else was dancing and grabbed my hips. I was pinned to him the whole time. I could feel his hands digging into my hips and I knew there would be bruises not only there but also my arms.

What the hell was going on?

Just like always, Mike had me home ten minutes before midnight. "I'll see you later, Baby," he said, pulling me into a kiss. When I didn't respond, he pulled away. "What's wrong?" He asked, frowning.

"I don't know if I can do this, Mike," I mumbled, looking at my hands.

"Hey." He grabbed my chin and made me look at him. "There is no way in hell you are breaking up with me. I say when this relationship ends. Got it?" The anger in his voice made me just nod my head. "Good, now go in there like it's any other regular night and I'll see you tomorrow."

I got out of the car and had to control myself so I wouldn't run in.

"Hey, Elle. Did you guys have fun?" Leana asked.

"Oh, yeah. A lot of fun," I said, trying to smile.

She frowned, really looking at me. "Are you sure you’re okay, Sweetie?"

"Yeah, I think I just got a bug or something. I'm still not feeling too good. I'm going to head up to bed."

"Okay." She said, still frowning.

Once I got up to my room, I locked the door behind me and slid down it.

God I'm so pathetic.
♠ ♠ ♠
Clothes