Status: Finished

When She Cries

Chapter 17

Image

When I woke up the next morning, I didn't want to get out of bed. My arms and hips were killing me. I didn't have to see them to know they were bruised. I planned on staying locked up in here all day, but those plans were soon out the window. "Elle? You up?" Dad asked, knocking on the door.

"Yeah," I called softly.

"Why don't you get ready? We'll go out for breakfast?"

I wanted to say no, but I knew he would get suspicious if I did. "I'll be down in a few," I called back.

After slowly getting out of bed, I went and got dressed. And now it's back to long sleeves and jeans constantly...

"You're going to wear slippers?" Dad asked, looking down at my feet when I reached the living room.

"I'll go change." My voice wavering, not wanting to piss him off.

"No, it's fine. Are your feet still hurting?" He asked.

I nodded. "Yeah, the slippers feel better than my converse right now."

"Okay." He nodded, not seeming to mind.

"Is the sleeping beauty up yet?!" Brian yelled from the front door. Of course they were all going to come over. They had nothing better to do...

"Yes she is, and now we can go." Val smiled, grabbing her purse. I followed them outside, when Jimmy told me I was going to be riding with him and Leana. I didn't mind.

"So how was last night?" Jimmy asked as we drove to where ever we were having breakfast.

"It was okay, nothing special," I said, looking out the window.

"You sure you're okay, Kiddo?" He asked, looking at me in the rear view mirror.

"Yeah, just tired."

When we got to IHOP, I thought I was in hell. Not only was I in pain and lying to my family, but now my so called boyfriend is here.

"Hey, look who's here," Mike's dad said, smiling.

"Hi," I said, smiling softly.

"We were just heading out, but Mike hasn't eaten yet."

"I'll stay behind, if that's okay," Mike said, looking at Dad. I was pleading with my eyes for him to say no, but he didn't seem to notice.

"That's fine with us," Dad said, shrugging.

"I'll see you at home, Son," Mike's dad said before leaving.

As we sat down, I felt like just running away. After we ordered our drinks, I excused myself and went to the bathroom. I tried to stay in there as long as possible, but I knew they would come looking for me soon enough.

"You okay?" Brian asked as I sat between him and Mike.

When I felt Mike's hand squeeze my thigh, I just nodded. "Fine."

The rest of breakfast was very awkward to say the least. The girls tried to make conversation as the guys just sat there, looking between Mike and I.

When we were walking out after we were done, Mike pulled me to the side. "Is it okay if I come over? I want to talk about a few things.

I wanted to say no, but I knew how that would end... "Sure, I'll meet you back there."

"Okay." He kissed my forehead and left.

I decided to ride back with Dad and Val. "Is it okay if Mike comes over for a little bit?" I asked as I got in the back seat.

"That's fine. We were thinking of having a barbecue today anyways," Dad said as he pulled out of the parking lot.

It was only a ten minute ride back to the house, but I wished it was longer... I had no idea what was going to happen with this talk that Mike wanted.

"We're going to head to the store. We'll be back soon," Val said as everyone got into two of the cars as soon as we got back. I wanted to plead them to stay. The Universe was seriously against me today.

"Alright," I mumbled as I walked inside.

I jumped when I heard the bell ring about five minutes later. As soon as the door was open, Mike was in and pinning me against the wall. He wasn't being aggressive though, he was kissing me like I was the only thing holding him to the ground.

"I'm sorry, Baby," he mumbled against my lips, stroking my hair.

Uh... Bi polar much?

He kept kissing me as he moved us towards the couch. Part of me wanted to stop him, while the other part didn't. My mind was so jumbled up, I didn't even realize he had already gotten my shirt off.

We were on the couch, when the door suddenly opened. "Elle, we're-"

Damn that was fast... But that was the least of my worries right now.

I grabbed my shirt just as fast as Mike jumped off of me. Dad was standing there, looking like he didn't know what to do.

"Mike, go into the kitchen for me," Val said, handing him a bag before pushing him off.

I felt tears pricking my eyes as I wrapped my arms around myself, trying to focus on a piece of the floor. "Sweetie, it's okay. Just come sit down," Leana said, leading me to the couch.

I pulled my knees into my chest as I sat on the farthest part of the couch. It took everything in me not to start shaking.

"Elle, we just want to talk," Jimmy said softly, sitting next to me.

"I'm sorry, I don't know what came over me," I said, shaking my head as I squeezed my eyes shut.

"Hey, it's okay, come here." I tensed up when I felt his arms wrap around me. "Baby, I'm not going to do anything," he whispered, stroking my hair. "Now, come on. Calm down so we can talk." I lay my head on his shoulder as I started to relax a bit.

"Elle, you know we just want you to be... Safe," Dad said, running his fingers through his hair. He sighed, shaking his head. "Why is this so hard?" He mumbled, starting to pace. "How long have you guys been..."

"Fucking," Zacky said bluntly. Everyone turned to glare at him. "What?" He asked, shrugging.

"We haven't," I whispered. I swear I heard a sigh of relief through the whole room. "And you don't have to worry about it, because I'm a virgin."

*Mike's P.O.V.*

Not for long...
♠ ♠ ♠
Clothes