Status: Finished

When She Cries

Chapter 23

Image

Image

I didn't wait up for anyone to get home. Dad had peeved me off yesterday, not to mention hurt my feelings. So I didn't exactly care to speak to him right now.

There was a soft knock at my door as I sat up in bed. Surprisingly, Dad stuck his head in. He came in and brought me my meds and a glass of water. "I thought you'd already be at the studio," I mumbled, looking at the time.

"We got a late start today." He shrugged. I nodded, not really having anything to say. "Look, Elle, I'm sorry about yesterday. I'm just stressed with the album and all. I shouldn't have snapped like that."

"It's okay," I said, playing with my hands.

"Why don't you come to the studio with us?"

"You guys are busy enough..."

He sighed. "Elle-"

"We're not taking no for an answer," Uncle Jimmy said, as they all poured into my room.

"What if I'm tired and just want to sleep all day?"

"Then you can sleep at the studio. We don't want to leave you alone again," Johnny said, pouting.

"Not to mention, you're full of bull shit," Brian said, smirking.

I simply rolled my eyes. "Come on, Chicky, you're coming with us. You can help me mess with Jason," Uncle Jimmy said, smiling evilly.

"Why are you so mean to your roadie?"

"He's not a roadie, he's a technician," Johnny said in a mocking voice.

"Come on, we'll wait down stairs for you to get ready," Dad said, standing up from my bed.

"I still have to take a shower and everything."

"That's fine. Can you take one by yourself? You feel okay enough?"

"I'll be fine, Dad." Apparently they all thought I needed one of the girls with me in the bathroom just in case I didn't feel right.

"Alright, just come down when you're ready." With that, they left me to do my thing.

"Took you long enough," Johnny said when I walked down the stairs.

"Well sorry that I'm not capable of moving to the speed of your liking," I snapped.

"I was just messin' with you, Elle," he said, giving me a look.

I just sighed and lay my head on Brian, who was now standing next to me. "Let's go," he said, wrapping his arm around my shoulders and walking out to the cars.

Once we were at the studio, everyone went their separate ways, so it wasn't as awkward. While in the car, Uncle Jimmy decided to yell "Gay baby!" because of the horrible awkwardness. I ended up staying with Uncle Jimmy as he went over some tracks with Fred.

Soon, I was starting to get tired again, so I went to lay on the couch in the room Dad was doing vocals in. Him, Brian, and Johnny were in there, cracking up about something that just happened.

"Hey, Babe. How you feelin'?" Johnny asked as I lay my head on his shoulder.

"Tired."

"You want to lay down?" I simply nodded my head, quickly losing energy. "Here." He stood up and so did Brian, before they had me lay down.

"Use my sweatshirt for a pillow, Elle," Dad said from the booth. Brian picked my head up and put the sweatshirt under my head, before kissing my forehead. "Let us know if you need anything."

I nodded my head, before drifting off.

*Zacky's P.O.V.*

I watched the sleeping girl as I fought with myself mentally.

"What's on your mind?" I looked to my right and noticed that Jimmy had joined me.

"Just how much of an asshole that I really am."

"Have you tried talking to her?"

"Yeah, but she won't give me the time of day."

He sighed, running his hand through his hair. "I haven't found out what her whole story is, but you can tell she's been really hurt. Not just physically, but emotionally and mentally. It's hard for her to trust anyone, so when you broke that trust, it was probably like breaking her hear in the process."

"Thanks, Man, just make me feel even worse," I said sarcastically.

"I have a point, Zack," he said sternly. "Yes, she's mad at you now, but show her that she can trust you again. Try to show her that it’s okay to let you back in. You were the first one that bond with her."

"Yeah, but how am I supposed to do that when she's ignoring me?"

He shrugged. "You'll have to figure that out on your own."

Don't worry, Elle. I'm going to do everything in my power to show you that I do care and that you can trust me.

Image
♠ ♠ ♠
New story!!! - A Walk To Remember Yes, it's a nother fan fic. But, about who? Please check it out!