Status: Finished

When She Cries

Chapter 24

Image

"Hey, Elle. Why don't you invite Mike over for dinner and a movie tonight?" Val asked as she made dinner.

"Um, sure." She had caught me off guard with that one. So what else was I supposed to say?

I was walking up stairs to get my phone, when I ran into Uncle Jimmy. "What's wrong? You seem a little down."

"Nah, I think I'm just still tired from my nap earlier." He nodded and let me go, but I could tell he didn't believe me.

I called Mike and invited him over. At first, he was a bit hesitant, but then he was all for it. Almost like an idea had hit him... God, I hope not.

"So, you're going back to school on Monday. How do you feel about that?" Brian asked.

It was now Friday, so I wasn't exactly jumping for joy for Monday to come. But, at the same time, I was. It gets pretty lonely here where they can't take me to the studio. Even when they do, they have to do their own things, so they don't have time to really hang out.

"You just sounded like a therapist," I said, laughing.

He smiled. "And how do you feel about that?"

"Oh God, that's all the world needs, is you being a doctor," Michelle said, rolling her eyes.

"And what's that supposed to mean?" He asked, faking hurt.

"Oh, nothing."

"Uh huh, sure," he said, before jumping up and chasing after her. She giggled as he wrapped his arms around her and spun her around.

They're so cute. Why can't Mike and I be like that? Isn't how the first few months are supposed to be?

"Elle?" Dad snapped me out of my thoughts.

"Yeah?"

"You okay, Baby?" He asked, walking over to the bar stool I was sitting on and tucking a piece of hair behind my ear.

I nodded. "Just thinking."

"What about?"

I shrugged. "Stuff."

He kept looking me over. "Okay... Well, Mike's here." That wasn't a sentence I wanted to hear.

I sighed and walked to the living room where Mike was waiting. I could see Uncle Jimmy, Johnny and Zacky all glaring at him. Why? I had no idea.

"Hey, Babe." He smiled, walking over and giving me a kiss.

I pulled back. "Not in front of the guys, Mike," I mumbled.

He smirked. "Then let's go up to your room."

I took his hand in mine and took him upstairs. I knew he was just going to keep bugging me about going up there. So, it's easier to just save me the headache.

Before I could even close the door, he was all over me. I was taken off guard, so I didn't really react. Apparently he thought that was just me going with it.

He led me over to the bed, where he laid down, before pulling me on top of him. His hands were roaming all over, but I didn't exactly know what to do. I just froze. But, once his hand ran over my incision, I hissed. It was still a little bit of a tender spot.

He just ignored it and ran his hands to my hips as his lips attached to my neck. "Mike, what're you doing?" I asked in a shaky voice as his hand started to creep to the hem of my sweats.

"Just go with it, Baby," he mumbled against my shoulder.

Before he could do anything else, there was a knock at my door. I jumped away from him as he jumped from the bed. "Come in," I said in a shaky voice.

Johnny opened the door and gave me a questioning look. "Dinner's ready." I nodded and had Mike walk out before me. As soon as he was down the stairs, I gave Johnny a hug. "What's this for?" He asked, chuckling lightly.

"Just felt like giving you a hug," I said, trying to hide the true reason behind it.

He smiled, shaking his head. "Come on." He wrapped his arm around my shoulders and walked me down stairs.

Tonight was going to be a long night...

"Dinner was delicious, Mrs. Sanders," Mike said as he helped clean up.

"Thanks, Mike. And, you can call me Val, you know that,” she said, smiling at his charm.

I just sighed and leaned against Leana, who was the closest. "What's up, Baby doll?" She asked, wrapping her arms around my hips.

"Can we talk later?" I asked softly.

"Of course, I'm always here if you need to talk," she said, giving me a reassuring squeeze, before going to help clean up.

"Movie time!" Uncle Jimmy yelled, before he threw something on me. I moved it and noticed it was my comforter from Dad's bed. I smiled, and snuggled into it.

"It might help if you pull it off your head," Brian laughed.

"But it's so comfy under here," I said, not budging. I felt it lift and my head was exposed. "Fine then."

"Scootch a bun, Missy," Brian said.

"Nope," I said, crossing my arms over my chest.

He looked at me with a blank face, before shaking his head. "Alright, I see how you're gonna be," he said, going over to the other couch and plopping down.

I moved over a bit so Mike could sit next to me. He pretty much made it to where he was laying against the arm rest and my back was to his chest. So, we took up that whole couch.

"What's my comforter doing down here?" Dad asked, raising an eye brow.

I shrugged innocently. "Uncle Jimmy just threw it at me."

Uncle Jimmy looked over at him. "I don't know what she's talking about."

Dad just rolled his eyes. "I don't see why you like that thing so damn much."

"Because it's comfy," I said, pulling it up under my chin so both Mike and I were totally covered. Little did I know, that that was a huge mistake.

A little after the previews, I felt Mike's hands start to wander again. Of course! They were covered up! I tried to push his hands away, but he just wouldn't stop.

I had to sit through the whole movie like that. It was so uncomfortable. Every time I would try to get up or something to make him stop, he would just hold me in place.

After I walked him to the door at the end of the night, I grabbed the comforter and headed for the stairs. "Elle," Dad called just before I reached the first step.

"Yeah?"

He walked over to me and wrapped me in a hug, kissing the top of my head. "Night, Babygirl. I love you."

I smiled, leaning into his touch. Even after the horrible night, he made me feel a sense of calm. "Night, Daddy. Love you, too."

"One more thing. Go ahead and keep the comforter tonight." He smiled his dimply smile, before I headed up.

Image

Image