Status: Finished

When She Cries

Chapter 28

Image

For the last three months, I've been pretty much on lock down. Dad and I barely talk unless we have to. The guys and I hardly even talk, because they don't come around much anymore. I see more of the girls, though. They're always checking up on me.

I don't talk to Zeek anymore. After that one night, I never saw him again, and I didn't care. He knew full well what was going on in Mike's room and he didn't bother coming in to save me. Bastard.

Mike was another topic. I see him less now that I'm in a public school, but he's still around. Dad doesn't let him come over to the house, or let me go to his. But he still makes sure that we see each other. Lately he barely touches me, and that I'm thankful for. I'm protecting more than myself now.

I looked down at my barely noticeable bump. It was hardly noticeable, but still there. I knew it was there, but no one else did. I was scared that if they did, it would just make matters worse. I've been able to hid everything for a while now, but I don't think I would hide it much longer.

I sighed, walking down stairs. Dad was at the studio with the rest of the guys, finishing up the album. It was almost over, and they were going to be leaving for tour. I didn't know if I was happy or sad about this.

"What's on your mind?" Lacey asked me as I sat at the kitchen table. I didn't even notice her come in or sit next to me.

"Different things." I shrugged.

She nodded. "How are you and Mike? We haven't heard much about him recently."

I thought about it for a few minutes, before I took a deep breath. "I think I'm going to break things off with him. I think it's finally time..."

She frowned. "What made you make that decision?"

"A lot of different things, we just aren't the same anymore. Too much has happened, and we've kind of grown apart."

"Well, if you think that's what you want, then do it."

"But I'm not allowed out of the house, and I don't want to just do it over the phone."

"I'm sure your dad will understand this one time."

"Or I can just ask Val..."

She nodded. "There's that option too."

I stood up and went to go find Val. She was sitting in the living room talking to Michelle. "Hey, Val. Is it okay if I go to the pier and meet Mike? I... I need to break up with him."

She gave me a sad look. "That's fine, Sweetie. Do you want me or someone to go with you?"

I shook my head. "I need to do this on my own."

"Alright, just try to be back before your Dad."

"Okay."

I called Mike and told him to meet me at the pier. The whole time, I was dreading it. I didn't know how he was going to react, or what he was going to say. I was scared...

"What's up, Babe?" He asked, leaning in to kiss me, but I moved my head and he kissed my cheek. "What's wrong?" He instantly knew. I hated that about him. It was like he could smell fear.

"Mike... I can't do this anymore. I'm not going to put up with it anymore. I'm not going to lie to my family anymore. I've pretty much lost my dad and Uncle Jimmy. I don't want anything else to come between us."

He grabbed my wrist and had a furious look in his eyes. "What did I tell you?" He hissed.

"I don't fucking care what you told me!" I yelled, trying to break his grip, but he wouldn't budge. "If you hurt me, you're going to hurt your child also." That caught his attention.

He let go of me and his eyes traveled to my stomach. "What're you talking about?"

"You heard me, Mike. It only takes one time. And you can't say it's not your's because I was a fucking virgin, and you took that away from me. You weren't even smart enough to wrap it up." I felt my cheek sting. I glared at him. "Just stay the hell away from me, or I'm calling the cops."

I got home as fast as I could. I didn't look back to see if he was following me or not. I just wanted to be rid of him.

When I got home, I shut the door behind me and lay against it, trying to catch my breath. "Where were you?" My head shot up as I saw Brian standing there. "You're lucky I got home before your father." As soon as he saw the tears in my eyes, he softened up. "What happened to your cheek?" He walked over to me and gently stroked my cheek. "Elle..."

"Come on." I took his hand and brought him up to my room. "I've been keeping something from you guys for a long time... I didn't want to tell you because I didn't know what would happen. I was afraid to tell any of you."

"Sweetie, you can tell me anything," he said, taking my hand in his and stroking the top of it with his thumb.

"Mike, he... He..." I sighed, not thinking it would be this hard. "I'm pregnant," I blurted out. Fine, I chickened out.

"You're what?"

My head snapped towards my door. Fuck my life...

Image

Image