Status: Finished

When She Cries

Chapter 36

Image

"I'm not giving it to you, so you can just look away." I ate another chip. "Dude, seriously. It's not going to work on me. Those puppy eyes are so over rated."

Bark!

"Fine," I sighed, throwing the chip at Icky. "Damn dog knows how to play me," I grumbled, shaking my head.

Yes, I was talking to a dog. I wasn't interested in the t.v. anymore. I've watched too much of it in the last few days, and it was getting boring. I was to the point of microwaving a fucking hamster because I was so bored. Sad, I know...

But, I wasn't allowed to do anything. Not like I could anyways, I was either stuck on the couch or in the wheel chair... That evil thing. It's trying to kill me. I swear it is...

And this is why the guys love listening to me while I'm on these fucking pain meds. I'm about to go off the deep end if I don't get out of here!

"Are you talking to the dog now?" Uncle Jimmy asked, laughing as he walked in and sat next to me.

"I have nothing better to do," I grumbled, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Oh, don't give me that look," he groaned. "You know we were just doing this for you to help you."

"Yeah, help me go off the deep end!"

He looked at me with a blank expression. "You know, one day you're going to thank us."

"Of course, and that will be the day that Hell freezes over and I grow a penis."

"Ah!" He scrunched up his face and shook his head. "Do not say things like that. That's just- Ugh!" His body twitched as he continued to shake his head.

I smirked in triumph. I loved grossing him out, it's really funny. It's pretty much the only entertainment that I have...

"What'd you do to him now?" Val asked, smirking.

"I just told him-"

"No!" He slapped his hand over my mouth. "You've said some pretty weird things, but that one... Just, no." I continued to laugh behind his hand. "Little shit."

"It couldn't have been that bad," Val said, shaking her head.

Jimmy looked at her with raised eyebrows. "Believe me, it was." He stood up and walked out of the room quickly.

Val looked back at me, smirking. "You just love to pick on that poor man."

"Hey! I have to get my revenge some how! And I am just getting started."

She sighed. "Just go easy on them. You know they were just trying to help," she said softly.

"But going against my wishes isn't really helping. If Dad would have just talked to me more about it, then maybe I wouldn't be so resentful. But he didn't even give me a choice! He forced me to get it done, and it's just going to go to waste."

She frowned. "I really wish you wouldn't throw away your dancing. You're amazing at what you do, Sweetie."

I sighed, looking at my lap. "I just don't have the passion I used to have for it anymore."

"You never know, it may come back." Val always tried to be optimistic. But I was so pessimistic lately, it was hard for her to get through to me. I just shrugged and stayed quiet.

"Elle, phone's for you," Dad said, handing me my cell. Must've left it in my room...

"Hello?"

"Hey! What're you doing?"

I smiled when I heard Alley's voice. "Just being bored out of my mind and freaking Jimmy out. What about you?"

"Just leaving work, wondering if you wanted to hang out."

"You are a life saver!" She laughed, hearing the desperation in my voice. We were both in the hospital for two days, then we'd been txting and calling ever since. She's come over once, and didn't want to leave. I couldn't blame her, though. The guys were pretty entertaining. "Let me just ask my dad."

"Alright."

"Hey, Dad?"

He stopped talking to Val and looked over at me. "Yeah, Sweetie?"

"Is it okay if Alley comes over? She just got off work and she can keep me from being bored."

He nodded. "She can come over later for dinner, but we have to go somewhere first."

I gave him a confused look. "Where?"

"Just somewhere. Tell Alley she can come by when we get home, but we should be heading out now."

I continued to give him a confused look, but nodded. "Okay. Hey, Alley, Dad said you can come over for dinner tonight. I guess we're going somewhere right now."

"Sounds good. Just let me know when to come over."

"Alright, I'll see you later." I hung up the phone and looked back at Dad and Val. They were whispering, so I couldn't exactly hear what they were saying. "What's going on?" I finally asked.

They both jumped and looked at me. "Nothing," they said in unison.

"Okay..." They were up to something, and I didn't think I was going to like it by the frown on Val's face.

"I'll go get the guys," Dad mumbled, before heading off.

Once they were all in the living room, Dad picked me up and carried me out to the car. He sat me between Uncle Jimmy and Zacky. Yeah, they were definitely up to something, and it was not good...

"Dad, where are we going?" I asked again once he was in the car.

"Just wait," he muttered, before pulling out of the drive way.

I gave Zacky a side ways glance, but he was staring out the window. I sighed as tried to get comfortable, but it wasn't easy.

About a half hour later, we pulled up outside a nice looking building. Uncle Jimmy carried me inside this time, while Dad went to do something. We waited outside in this nice little courtyard and just talked. Maybe one of the guys had to come here for something?

"Mr. Sanders," a nice looking women called to him a little while later.

Dad nodded and stood up. He picked me up in his arms and started walking. I really hated not being able to walk... This sucked hairy monkey goats.

"Good to see you again, Matt. And I assume this is Elle," a guy in his thirties said, smiling as we walked into a room and Dad sat me down on the couch.

I looked at him confused, then to Dad. "Who is that?" I whispered.

"I'm Dr. Jacobs, but go ahead and call me Jerry," the guy said, still smiling.

A few seconds later, and it kicked in. "You are fucked in the head, you know that?" I growled at Dad.

"Elle, do not speak to your father like that," Brian scolded.

"Go to hell, Brian." I turned my glare back to Dad. "You knew damn well I didn't want to come see a nut job like this," I hissed.

"He's not a nut job, Elle. He's a nice guy," Dad said softly, a sad look in his eyes. "I really wish you would talk to him though."

"Why?! So he can just tell me something else that's wrong with me?! I don't exactly need a constant reminder that I'm not perfect, thank you very much."

"That's not why we brought you here," Zacky tried this time.

"Don't even start," I snapped at him. "You know, it's pretty fucking chicken shit of you to bring me here when I can't walk out! That was the plan though, wasn't it? Wow, you guys really do like making people do things against their will."

"That's enough, Noelle," Dad snapped.

"No! It's not! You try putting yourself in my position, then maybe you'll finally understand." I turned away from all of them, pulling my hood over my head and crossing my arms over my chest.

"Let's just come back a different time," Johnny sighed, knowing I wasn't going to say anything.

They've done things in the past, but nothing like this. First making me get the surgery, now this? What is going on with this family?

Image

Image