Status: Finished

When She Cries

Chapter 39

Image

It's been a couple weeks, and everything's gone back to normal. Slightly. Everyone keeps watching themselves around me, making sure not to say anything that could set me off. I felt bad for this. I didn't want them to have to monitor themselves around me.

Also, what should have been the start of my Senior, didn't come. Dad and I had talked, and we both though it would be better for me to just be home schooled. My feet were all healed in time, but I still had to go through physical therapy. Just, with everything going on, it would be better for me to just stay home. I wasn't missing out on much anyways. I was actually relieved when he said that it was ok.

Everyone hadn't been visiting as much since they were going through the final stages of the album right now. A tour was coming up shortly, and Dad had already said I was going with them, no questions asked. He didn't want to leave me behind on this one, since I was old enough and out of public school.

But, today, everyone was coming over to celebrate me finally being able to walk again. A weird reason, I know. But they wouldn't let it go, even though I had begged them. Reluctantly, I had gotten ready for the little 'get together', as Dad called it. The bracelet had been given to me by Uncle Jimmy a few days ago, and I hadn't taken it off since.

"What? No long sleeves or shorts?" Val asked shocked, giving a little smirk.
I glared and pointed to Alley. "She made me."

"Oh, you love me." Alley sighed, rolling her eyes.

"Why do we keep her around?" I asked Dad as I got something to drink.

"I like her." He said, smiling.

My jaw slacked. "Well have fun with your new daughter." I playfully scoffed and tried to walk away, but he wasn't having any of that. He pulled me back and into a head lock.

"Wanna say that again?" He laughed as he threatened to rub his knuckle against the top of my head.

"I have no idea what you're talking about. I really think you're memory's starting to go."

"Whatever." He nudged me away as he went to help Val again.

"Where's my Gimpy?!"

I growled at him as he walked through the door. "I am not a gimp anymore, Brian Elwin."

He pouted. "I'm gonna miss calling you that."

"But now she can go back to helping us bug the shit out of everyone!" Jason smirked, wrapping his arm around my shoulders.

"Oh joy." Dad mumbled.

"Don't you like having me around?" I asked, pouting.

He frowned at my face and kissed the top of my head. "Of course I do. Just not when you're with the twins, also." Matty and Jason snickered, remembering everything we had done to give them a hard time.

"Oh! Dad, I forgot to ask." I said, a random thought popping into my head.

He whined. "How much is it going to cost me?"

I huffed, putting my hands on my hips. "Shut up. I was just going to ask if Alley could go with us on tour."

He smirked, givings me the I know something you don't look. I hated when he did that. "Well, if you weren't such an impatient little shit, we would have been able to surprise you." I looked at him with wide eyes. "She'll be joining us on the third week of the tour." He said, pleased with my reaction.

"Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!" I smiled, jumping on him and wrapping my arms and legs around him.

He laughed, rubbing my back. "You're welcome. Now, detach. I'm trying to cook."

"But you're so comfy." I lay my head on his shoulder and he sighed.

"Help?" He asked one of the guys.

"Hey! Looky what I found!" I smiled when I heard Uncle Jimmy's voice. "Heya, Kiddo." He laughed, kissing my cheek and setting me down.

"What's got you in such a good mood?" Brian asked, giving me a suspicious look. It would look suspicious to them, because this wasn't how I had been acting lately. But, I couldn't help it!

I shrugged. "I don't know. I'm just in a really good mood for some odd reason."

"It's because I'm here." Zacky said, walking in and doing a weird stance.

"Oh, yes. That must be the reason." Gena said, rolling her eyes as we all laughed.

Zacky pouted. "Mean."

She scoffed. "That's not what you were saying earlier."

I slapped my hands over my ears. "Not really what I want to hear." I mumbled.

Zacky just laughed. "Sorry, Babe."

Once everyone had arrived, it wasn't just a little get together. It was a full-blown party. Friends of the family were here, along with some family I hadn't even met yet. It was a bit strange, and I staid close to the guys and Alley. I don't do too well with unfamiliar people so much anymore...

"You're looking better, Sweetie. But, how are you feeling?" Papa Gates asked me a little while later.

I shrugged. "Pretty good. Just getting back into the swing of things. I hate seeing Dad and the other's upset, and I feel like I'm holding them down for some reason when I am. So I try not to."

"Your his daughter, Elle. You have a right to your feelings. You shouldn't put them off because of someone else."

I nodded. "I know. But, I'm also trying to not feel like that. I want to be happy, I'm tired of being sad."

"You can write a journal, or something else that gets your feelings out."

I sighed, looking down. "I usually dance to get my emotions out."

"Then why don't you do that?"

"I was in such a bad mood and I felt like I wasn't going to get out of it, so I pretty much gave up on dancing. Lately, I've really been thinking about it, though."

"Then I think you should try it. Just a little at first to see how it is." I got up and gave him a hug. "What's this for?" He asked, laughing softly.

"For listening."

"I'm sure the boys or girls would listen too if you asked to talk."

"They will, I just don't want to bother them. They have enough going on right now." I got up and went to go talk to Dad, and tell him what I've been thinking about. He was with Val and Jason, talking to a relative that I still didn't really know that well.

"Hey, Sweetie." He smiled, kissing my forehead.

"Dad, can I talk to you really quick?" I asked, a little unsure.

"Of course. We'll be right back." He pulled me a few feet away. "What's up? Everything ok?"

I smiled. "Everything's fine. But, I've been thinking, and-"

"You're pregnant?!" I heard Michelle squeal, and I looked over to Val who had a deer in the head lights look. "How far along?" Michelle continued to ask excitedly.

I looked back to Dad with a questioning look. "Is she?" I asked, just above a whisper. He looked at me with for a minute, before nodding slowly. I couldn't exactly pin point how I felt at the moment. Most shocked was what hit me, also disappointment. "Congrats." I said, detached, before walking away. I needed some time to think about this.

"Elle." He sighed, but didn't come after me.

Things just got back to normal. Now what was going to happen?

*Matt's P.O.V.*

I rubbed my hands down my face as I shook my head. "What's going on?" Jimmy asked, confused.

"Val's pregnant, and now I don't know what's going through Elle's head." I sighed.

"Well, that's great. She should be happy, right?" Johnny asked, looking confused.

"No." Jimmy sighed, realizing something. "She's going to think that you're going to push her away now and only have eyes for the baby."

Well, I was not going to let that happen. She's my first daughter, and I'm going to love the both of them equally.

Image

Image
♠ ♠ ♠
Great way for Elle to find out, yeah? Comments?