Status: Finished

When She Cries

Chapter 41

Image

*Elle's P.O.V.*

Johnny had come up to talk to me, but I had pretended I was asleep. I knew they meant well, but I didn't want to talk. There wasn't anything else I had to say after talking to Zacky.

"Girl, I know you're awake, so open the door," Alley said, knocking on my door.

I sighed, getting up and going to open the door. "Is Johnny still out there?" I asked, going to sit back on my bed.

She shook her head. "No, he went down a few minutes before I came up." She came to sit by me. "Do you want to take about it?"

"Not really. There's not much to say."

She sighed. "I really think you should talk to Matt. He's really worried about you."

I frowned. "He doesn't need to be. I'm fine."

She studied me. "Are you sure about that?"

I looked at her, shrugging slightly. "They deserve to be happy."

"You do too, though."

"I just don't want a repeat of last time."

"Elle, you can't really think they would do that to you."

I felt tears rising. "I love Dad and Val. No, I can't seen them doing what my mom did, but... I never thought my mom would have done it either."

She nodded. "I can see where you're coming from."

A knock on the door interrupted us and Dad poked his head in. "Can we talk?" He asked softly.

I simply nodded and Alley said she would call me later. After she left, Dad took her spot.

"I know there's a lot we have to talk about. But, before we do, I want to know how you really are. Are you okay?"

I licked over my lips, keeping my gaze on my blankets. "The truth?" He nodded. "I don't know," I whispered. "Scared, mostly."

"Elle." He lifted my chin, making me look at him. When he saw the tears, he sighed. "Oh, Baby, come here." He held out his arms and I curled up into his lap.

"I'm sorry, I know I'm acting like a brat."

"No you're not. You have a reason to be upset, and I understand. But I do want to help you come over your fear."

"It still hurts, but I don't want it to."

"What hurts, Baby?" He asked, concerned. "Elle." He made me look at him again. "What hurts?"

"How my own mother could do that to me! I was her daughter! But, obviously, I wasn't good enough for her. Her new daughter was the only good thing to happen."

He cupped my cheeks in his hands. "I'm not going to do that to you. Val is not going to do that to you." He tried wiping away my tears as his own fell.

"Promise?"

He pulled my head to lay on his chest as he rocked us back and forth. "I promise."

Even though people would call me stupid, I just couldn't put my past behind me. It's not like ripping off a band aid, and putting it in the back of my memory. It was more than that. It would be with me for the rest of my life.

*Matt's P.O.V.*

I don't think I've ever cried in my life like this. She was really breaking my heart with everything she said. I hated what Nat did to her.

"I love you, Baby. Nothing's going to change that." She had fallen asleep by now, but I didn't want to let her go. She was curled up in my lap and her head buried in my chest.

"Matt." Jimmy came in and put his hand on my shoulder. "I think she'll be okay if you lay her down," he said, smiling softly.

"I just don't want to let her go," I sighed, stroking her hair.

"It's going to be okay. I'll stay with her, you go stretch your legs and get something to eat."

I looked at him, a bit unsure. "Alright." I nodded, gently moving her to lay down. Jimmy carefully lay down with her and she snuggled up to him. I smiled softly, before walking out.

*Jimmy's P.O.V.*

As I held Elle, my mind couldn't help but wander back to Nat. Elle reminded me so much of her when she was younger.

She stirred a little, then blinked and looked up at me. "Where's Dad?" She asked softly.

"I sent him down stairs to eat and stretch his legs," I explained, rubbing her back.

She nodded, staying quiet for a while. When she laid her head on my chest and looked up at me, I knew there was something on her mind. "Uncle Jimmy?"

"Yeah, Sweetie?"

"Can you tell me about... Mom?"

I took a deep breath and let it out slowly. "Well..."

"You don't have to if you don't want to," she rushed out.

"No, it's fine. Where do you want me to start?"

She shrugged. "The beginning?"

I nodded, trying to collect my thoughts. "She wasn't what you've explained her to be. She actually did have a heart at one time. I don't know what changed her, but she did use to be a great girl."

The whole time I told her about Nat, she was quiet. She took in everything I was telling her, almost like I was talking about a total different person. Well... I kind of was.

"Do you think she would have changed if she stayed with Dad?"

I sighed. "I don't know... Probably not, but there's no knowing."

"Don't get me wrong, I love Val. But I kind of wish they would have stayed together. Maybe things would have been better..."

"I know what you mean, Baby. But everything does happen for a reason."

She nodded sadly. "I know."

"But the main thing is that you're here with us now, and nothing's going to take you from us." I kissed her forehead and pulled her close.

"Uncle Jimmy?"

"Yeah, Kiddo?"

"Can you sing to me?" I smiled and nodded.

This girl has me wrapped around her finger...

Image

Image
♠ ♠ ♠
So, I got a few comments on people wanting to make Val a bit bitchy during the pregnancy, her wanting on the attention... What do you guys think?

Also, some more Zacky and Elle bonding time? Seems like Zakcy's out of the dog house! Tell me what you guys think in a comment!