Status: Finished

When She Cries

Chapter 44

Image
Image

*Matt's P.O.V.*

Did I feel like I was too harsh on Elle? Yes. But the thought of her being out here on her own scared the shit out of me. Was it my fault that she probably felt cooped up? Yes. I just didn't know what to do. Should I leave her alone or try to go and talk to her?

I had been walking the Strip for a little while now thinking things over in my head again and again. I finally figured that she must have been cooled off by now and decided to head back. By the time I got back up to the room, Elle was in her bed and all the lights were off. The tv wasn't even on, which she usually has on to help her go to sleep.
As quietly as I could, I walked over to the bed and sat on the edge, trying not to wake her up. When I looked down, I frowned, noticing the tear stains on her cheeks. I didn't like when my baby girl cried and it made it even worse knowing I was the reason behind it.

I gently brushed my thumb across her cheek, just admiring her. She was such a natural beauty, but popped even more when she had her make up on. I still couldn't believe that I had helped produce her. It seemed like such a long time ago that she suddenly popped into our lives. Now, I can't see my life without her.

She stirred a bit, before her eyes slowly fluttered open. When she saw me, I could tell she was unsure of what to say, or if she should say anything at all. I sighed, before kicking off my shoes and holding up the blankets. "Scoot over," I said softly, before laying next to her. "I'm sorry about blowing up on you earlier, it wasn't right of me. But you have to understand how worried I get about you. You have no idea how many times you've almost given me a heart attack. I'm too young for that!" She gave a soft smile, not exactly what I was looking for...

I wrapped my arms around her and kissed the top of her head. "You were right, this is a place where the guys and I come to blow off steam. It wasn't fair to bring you along since you've just been cooped up in the room the whole time. But, I promise you that when we get back home, we'll do whatever you want. You name it, and we'll do it." She nodded, but still didn't give a verbal response. "Will you at least tell me what you're thinking?" I asked, running my fingers through her hair.

She shrugged, snuggling more into my side. I knew I wasn't going to get anywhere with her tonight. I had said everything I needed to, and I could tell all she wanted right now was comfort. I didn't mind that one bit.

*Elle's P.O.V.*

The next morning, I woke up to Zacky jumping on the bed and Johnny running away from Uncle Jimmy. What a nice way to wake up...

"Morning my little ray of sunshine!" Zacky grinned, looking at me creepily.

"Dad," I groaned, putting the pillow over my face. "Make them go away."

"But we love you so much! How could you say that?" Brian gasped, faking hurt in his voice, then proceeding to fall on top of me.

I groaned, trying to push him off, but failed miserably. "Dad!" I said louder, starting to become grumpy now.

"Alright, guys, you had your fun. Leave her alone now. Brian. Off." Dad walked over with a cup of Starbucks in his hand. He looked down at me with a smirk plastered on his face. "The only way you get this is if you sit up and promise to be ready in the next half hour."

I gave him a skeptical look, wondering what I was getting myself in to. "Ready for what?"

"A surprise, now, are you going to promise?"

I sighed, sitting up. "Alright."

"Pinky promise!" Jimmy suddenly yelled, diving across the room and onto the bed. Luckily it was straight on top of Brian and Zacky instead of me.

I laughed, nodding. "Alright, just for that I'll pinky promise."

"Hey, Elle, say I swear," Brian said, smirking.

"You're such a freak," I said, shaking my head.

He was referring back to the time when we were watching an episode of a comedy show that George Lopez was on. Good times... Laughter really is the best medicine.

"Alright, Missy you have a half hour to get ready," Dad said, ruffling my hair a bit. I pouted but took my coffee none the less.

When I was ready, we headed out. Apparently our destination was in walking distance since we didn't take the car...

"I'll give you twenty bucks to take off the sweat shirt," Jimmy said, trying to bribe me. I gave him a wary look and he just gave me a cheesy smile.

"Fine," I groaned, un-zipping it and throwing it at him as he did his happy dance. "Punk." I knew there was no way off winning with him. It sucked...

We walked a little bit longer before a guy passed us and whistled at me. All the guys stopped to look at him, and he took off running. Dad turned to look at me, raising his eye brows. "I'll give you fifty to put it back on." Brian slapped him upside the head, and continued to walk.

"Here we are!" Jimmy smiled, throwing his arms in the air. The building was made to look like a castle, just what Uncle Jimmy needed... "Welcome to Excalibur," he said, wrapping his arm around my shoulder and leading me inside.

I soon found out that there was a huge ass arcade down stairs that the guys let their inner children out. It was a pretty funny ass sight to see. "Elle! Come play the dance game with me," Jimmy said, grabbing my hand and dragging me over.

It was pretty much a remake of the Dance Dance Revolution game. "Uh oh, I have a feeling Jimmy is going to be pouting by the end of this..." Johnny said, laughing.

"Shut up, Short Shit," Jimmy grumbled, before the game started.

I could hardly concentrate because of how hard I was laughing... Jimmy was jumping around like a lunatic and yelling at the game. It was hard to focus on anything but that.

"Well fuck you, too! Stupid ass machine," he grumbled, before sulking away. We had both ended up losing. Him because... Well I don't know why, and me because I was too busy laughing at him.

"I hope you got that all on tape," Zacky said, looking over at Brian.

"Oh, don't worry, I did," he smirked, pocketing his phone.

"So? Feeling any better?" Dad asked, wrapping his arm around my shoulder.

I nodded, sending him a smile. "Yeah, a little bit."

He grinned, kissing my forehead. "Good, I'm glad. Now, let's go get your crazy ass uncle some ice cream before he gets all moody on us." I laughed, knowing that's just what would happen.

God, you've gotta love me family... Sometimes you can't live with them, but you know you can't live without them.

Image

Image
♠ ♠ ♠
Outfit

Look at the new amazing banner that Lindsay Sometimes made me! :}

I know it's been a ridiculously long time since I've updated. I hit a huge brick wall when it came to this story. I tried to write for it, but it was becoming forced. So I didn't update because I didn't want to give you guys a half ass one. I've lost a looott of subscribers :( Sorry for such the long wait guys! But, thank you soooo much to those who have stuck with me. The end is near!