Sequel: Contagious Chemistry
Status: READ THE SEQUEL:D

Summer Is When Everything Could Happen

Twenty Sixth

When I got out from the van, some bands who were passing by, widened their eyes on my view. I cocked my brow and they looked away as they continued their path. It had been a week since my dad’s funeral and a day after I got back to Warped. Kevin Lyman insisted me to take a break and stick with my mom for a while, he even let our band to take the rest of the Warped off and come back next summer.

The thing was, I would be destroying my bands’ and my fans’ dreams and hopes. The band probably would be fine but I didn’t want them to do it for me, and the fans would probably pissed off and got angry at me. I didn’t want either of them to happen.

I walked around the arena alone, getting some glances or looks from the crowd. Somebody’s eyes were bulging to my stomach, watching me closely. My pregnancy already reached a month and a half but seriously, they won’t see a baby bump yet.

When I passed by Kevin Says stage, I heard a brand new voice that I haven’t ever heard in Warped. My eyes turned to the stage and saw a blond, head banging on stage. Her voice was magnificent, the crowd roared and cheered her band. I never seen her and I decided to watch their set.

“We’re Reckless Dreams and this is it for us!”, the girl screamed through her mic before her and her band mates walked out from the stage. I walked to the backstage and found her wiping her face with a towel.

“You’re new?”, I kept my voice flat and crossed my arms. She turned around and scrunched her eyebrows when she saw me.

“Isn’t this Ally Smith of New York Suicide?”, she scoffed a bit and I swallowed the lump in my throat when she said my name in disgust. “I’ve never met you until now, but from what I’ve heard, you’re a supernova in Warped.”

“I think we’ve never met but do you have some sort of problem with me?”, I raised a brow and shifted my weight.

She laughed a bit and placed her hands on her hips. “I’m Megan, and I have no problem with you, actually. I’m here because I want to take you down. You’ve had your chance and now it’s my time to shine.”

“If your band is good enough in Warped, you don’t need to show yourself or take someone down. You’ll get your chance.”

Megan rolled her eyes. “I don’t need any lecture from a girl who’s called a ‘Warped slut’. By the way, I’ve heard every single drama you have with the Gomez brothers and even Jack Barakat, oh, don’t even forget John Ohh, and every guy who had fall for you.”

My jaw hardened and my hands had balled into fists. She laughed annoyingly when she saw my expression changed. “If I were you, I would prepare for a beat down.”, she snickered before walking away and shoved my shoulder on her way.

Her words stung so bad but I needed to not take it personally. I decided to go to the tents and when I got to The Summer Set’s, I saw Megan there, talking to John and Jess. They were laughing at something Megan said and when she noticed me, she just smirked and went back to the conversation.

It felt like she really wanted to take me down, she wanted me to go out from the spotlight, she wanted me out from fame. I went to my band’s tent and just plopped down into a beach chair next to Pat’s as he strummed away on his acoustic.

“Bad day, Ally cakes?”, he asked as he turned into the intro of American Boy. I nodded and sat straight in my chair. Pat smirked and I bit my lips before clearing my throat.

‘He said, Hey Sister.
It's really really nice to meet ya.
I just met this 5 foot 7 guy who's just my type.
Like the way he speak here, his confidence is peaking.
Don't like his baggy jeans but I'm a like what's underneath them.
And no I ain't been to MIA
I heard that Cali never rains and New York's wide awake.
But first let's see the west end.
I'll show you to my bedroom.
I'm like this American Boy. American Boy.’


I sang with my eyes closed and suddenly, someone clapped their hands covering my eyes. “Someone who’s covering my eyes, please get your freaking hands off my face.”

When the person already pulled his hands off, I looked back and saw the face of my long lost friend. “Gabey!”, I squealed as I launched up from my seat and tackled him into a hug.

“Ally!”, he chuckled and hugged back. “I’ve missed you.”

We pulled away and I saw Vicky behind him. “Vicky!”, I tackled her into a hug and we did the same thing like Gabe and I. I’ve been friends with Cobra Starship since we met at 2008’s Warped Tour. Too bad they weren’t in this year’s since they already headlined their own summer tour. “What are you guys doing here?”, I asked after we do our hug session.

“Kevin called us and he said he wanted us to do a special show.”, Gabe sat down in my seat and gave Pat a bro-hug before. “And we heard about your dad, we’re really sorry for your loss, Ally.”

“Yeah, we wanted to drop off your place, but the schedule was too hectic and impossible. We’re sorry, Ally cakes.”, Vicky smiled a bit.

I nodded. “No, it’s okay. I totally understand. You guys were busy, so it’s okay.”

“Anyhoo, we were wondering…”, Vicky smiled widely and slapped the back of Gabe’s head to continue. “Tell her.”

He rolled his eyes playfully and rubbed the back of his head. “We were wondering, could you do Travis’s rap on Bring It?”

My eyes widened on their offers. I’ve tried to do Travis’s rap two years ago when we were partying in their bus, but I was wasted back then, and slurred the words out. “I’ll try.”
*************
‘So kiss me goodbye
Honey, I'm gonna make it out alive
So kiss me goodbye
I can see the venom in your eyes
Goodbye

It's time to fly
Tonight the sky's alive
With lizards serpentine
Lounging in their suits and ties
Watch the whore's parade
For the price of fame, hey’
, Gabe sang as I stood on the side of the main stage, waiting for my cue. I danced a bit and anxiety crept into my body as I looked over to the crowd.

NYS didn’t have a set today and I was itching to be on stage so bad, especially after what happened with Megan. I’ve told Gabe and Vicky about it, and they were more excited for me to rap on their set, showing who’s the boss.

“Yo guys, we have a special guest here today.”, Gabe said through his mic over the music that the others were still playing. “Give it up for my home girl, Ally Smith from New York Suicide!”

The crowd cheered and erupted into a roar when I ran out from the stage. I had my cap to the side like Gabe did and he just laughed at my attempt.

‘Ladies and gentlemen,
These snakes is slitherin'
With dollar signs in they eyes
With tongues so reptilians
This industry's venomous
With cold-blooded sentiments
No need for nervousness
It's just a little turbulence’
, I rapped it off and the crowd cheered louder than before when I was done. Gabe had me stayed on stage until the song was done. I danced and just go with it until they finished the song.

Gabe took my hand and wrapped his arm around my shoulder in a brotherly manner. I saw Megan in the crowd and I just smirked at her. I needed to show her who’s boss.
♠ ♠ ♠
haha,no Stephen nor Jack nor John here, but still, this is a filler
i wanted to show that this is a Warped story too,which was the main idea,but stupid me,i made it more into a love story:/
anyway,this is what Megan looks like
comments would be nice:]
<3