Sequel: Contagious Chemistry
Status: READ THE SEQUEL:D

Summer Is When Everything Could Happen

Fifth

“Come on San Fran, show me what you got!”, I screamed through the microphone when we were almost done with our set. the crowd screamed and some guys and girl behind the barricade threw their arms up in the air.

“So, we’re going to play an amazing song that’s originally performed and made by our favorite band, here’s The Rock Show by Blink 182!”, I gave my Keytar to the technician and pulled out the microphone from the stand.

‘Hanging out behind the club on the weekend
Acting stupid, getting drunk with my best friends.
I couldn't wait for the summer and the Warped Tour
I remember it's the first time that i saw her... there.

She's getting kicked out of school because she's failing
I'm kind of nervous 'cause i think all her friends hate me.
She's the one, she'll always be there
She took my hand and that made it i swear’


My eyes scanned the crowd and I saw Stephen at the back of the crowd, smiling. I never seen him smiling, only smirking, and when he smiled, I think I could die.

‘Because i fell in love with the girl at the rock show.
She said "what" and i told her that i didn't know.
She's so cool, i'm gonna sneak in through her window.
Everything's better when she's around,
I can't wait 'til her parents go out of town.
I fell in love with the girl at the rock show.’


As I ran around the stage, head banging and all, I still could feel that Stephen’s eyes were on me. when I was back to my spot, my eyes met his. I could feel shivers running down my spine when he walked away and I saw him at the side of the stage.

‘When we said we were gonna move to Vegas
I remember the look her mother gave us
Seventeen without a purpose or direction
We don't owe anyone a fucking explanation.’


I didn’t know why I did this but I motioned Stephen to come on stage. “Hey guys! give it up for Stephen Gomez from The Summer Set!”

Stephen’s eyes widened as Vance gave him a mic and pushed him lightly until he appeared on the stage. The crowd screamed in encouragement. Dana, Pat, and Lance’s eyes widened at my action.

As Stephen rushed to me, I gave him a count before he sang the chorus alone.

‘I feel in love with the girl at the rock show.
She said "what" and i told her that i didn't know.
She's so cool, gonna sneak in through her window.
Everything is better when she's around,
I can't wait 'til her parents go out of town,
I feel in love with the girl at the rock show’.


After that chorus, Dana finished the guitar as well as Pat on the bass and Lance on the drum. They forced their smiles and went off the stage earlier than Stephen and I.

“What’s up with that?”, Stephen chuckled as we already in the backstage.

I shrugged my shoulders and took a sip of my water. “I don’t know. I felt bad about your eye and nose.”

The purple circle around his right eye and his purple nose were the evident and they were still showing perfectly. “Well, they’re from you, so I think it’s okay.”

“Okay. Anyway, I should get going.”, I turned around on my heels but Stephen held my hand, stopping me. “What?”, I asked him.

“Ally, I’m sorry.”, he peeped up. I turned around again and crossed my arms.

“I’m listening.”

He sighed. “I’m sorry I’ve been such a dick to you. We got off the wrong foot, and I don’t like it when I have an enemy on tour, so can we just, hang out for the day?”

My eyes peeked around and I couldn’t see my band mates anywhere. But, I was kind of relieve they weren’t here, or they will break Stephen’s neck just for saying that. “Okay.”

“Really?”, Stephen’s eyes widened and a wide grin plastered on his face. “Okay, let’s get some nachos and drinks…?”

“Nachos sounds great.”, I smiled. We walked out from the backstage and greeted by the hot summer sun. by having a real conversation with him, I found out that he was a good guy. When we got to the food stand, we ordered a large nachos and two rootbeer.

He insisted that he got all of that and I couldn’t say no. after we took our food, we sat down on a small hill, kind of far from the crowd, but we could overlook all the sets. While eating our nachos, we sang along to Hey Monday and VersaEmerge.

Stephen made me laugh by trying to do some nachos trick but ended up with a nacho on his eye. “You won’t pull that off!”

“It’s as simple as grapes.”, he grunted as he wiped off the cheese from his face. I took a look at my watch and gasped before launched up to standing. “What is it?”

“Nothing, it’s just, I promised Jack that I’ll hang out with him and the guys, but I think I’m already late.”

He stood up and brushed the back of his jeans from the grass. “So, do you wanna hang out in my van? We could steal John’s iTouch and play Tap Tap.”

“Sure.”, I smiled and took his hand as he led me down the hill.
***********
“Uno!”, Alex’s voice beamed to the front lounge as I stepped into their bus. It was almost 8, 3 hours later from my promise to Jack. When I was at the doorway to the back lounge, they stopped playing and all of their eyes were on me.

“Come on, guys.”, Rian stood up and walked pass me, followed by Alex, Zack, and Dana. They all gave me a look, and when all of them left, it was only Jack and I.

“So, you still remember about me, eh?”, he asked as he gathered the cards that was strewn all over the floor. “I thought we had a ‘Jack-and-Ally-time’ at 5.”

I sighed and helped him with the cards. “I’m sorry, Jack-o, it’s just…well, I hung out with…”

“I already know who you hung out with. Dana told me, but don’t get mad on her. I was the one who insisted her to tell me.”

“I’m sorry, Jack. It’s just, he asked for another chance, and I couldn’t say no.”
He snorted and rolled his eyes. “You’re always too good for a person.”

“I know, and Rian was right, I want to be meaner.”

Jack chuckled and pulled me into a hug. “Don’t be meaner, at least to me, just be meaner to everyone else.”

“So, you’re not mad at me anymore?”

He shook his head and rested his chin on the top of my head. “Hey, let’s steal some gummy bears from Alex.”

“Okay.”, I grinned and buried my face in my best friend’s chest.
♠ ♠ ♠
short but sweet?
well, i wanted to show Jack and Ally's friendship/friendship while Jack is crushing over here, and Stephen's good side
anyway,thanks for the comments and subscription
<3