Sequel: Contagious Chemistry
Status: READ THE SEQUEL:D

Summer Is When Everything Could Happen

Eighth

John

When I heard that Stephen took her out for breakfast, I knew I would lose. I walked away from our group of friends, ignoring some whispering that I left behind. Jess caught up with me, but didn’t ask anything. She knew it was about Ally, and she won’t ask me anything until I tell her about it.

I walked to our van and opened the door before sitting in the front row with the door open. Josh suddenly appeared and both of them put on their concern faces. “What happened to you?”, Josh asked.

“Nothing. I shouldn’t walk away like that. It’s just—“

“Ally?”, Jess interrupted me. I nodded and she sighed. “You walked away cause’ you heard that Stephen brought her out for breakfast and you’re scared that she’s falling for him?”

Jess could read me like a book. “Yeah. You know how girls is around him, they couldn’t even say no! it’s like, he has this weird and powerful force around him.”

“Stop using sci-fi metaphors.”, Josh rolled his eyes. “John, you know that you have some ‘force’ too, and one people with another is different. I bet you could get Ally to fall for you too.”

“But that would be counted as stabbing my brother’s back.”, I mumbled. “And why did she has to love the puppy Jack gave her!? Heck, I could even give her a pony if she wants me to!”

Josh chuckled and Jess just rolled her eyes. “Whatever, John. All our point is you should make her realize that you’re better than your brother. It’s still her birthday, go out with her after our set.”

I nodded and pulled both of them into a group hug. Brian and Stephen walked towards us and I needed to ignore Stephen for today. When we were on our way to our sets, I saw Ally was walking to hers.

Ally!”, I called her out. She stopped and noticed me.

“Hey, John.”, she smiled, the smile that could melt my insides.

“A-Are you going to your set?”

She nodded. “Yeah, are you too?”

“Yeah.”

We stood there in the awkward silent until an idea popped into my head. “Hey, Ally, do you think…do you want to get, I don’t know, ice cream after our sets?”

Ally’s eyes widened and her lips formed into a wide smile. “Ice cream would be nice.”

Ally

When John asked me to go out with him after our sets, I screamed in relieve inside. I thought John was mad at me cause’ I went out with his brother, when Stephen treated me like an asshole when we first met.

After we said our ‘see you later’, I continued our way to our set. Dana and Pat were already tuning their instruments when I walked into the backstage. My keytar tech gave me my keytar and I joined Dana and Pat.
We had fun laughing until it was time to go on. Lance ran outside first and greeted by the howling screams of the crowd. Then, it was time for Dana, Lance, and I. The screaming got louder and I closed my eyes, soaking it, before we started.
***********
“Awesome set!”, John was actually waited for me at the backstage. He wrapped his arm around my shoulder as he led us out. I covered my eyes with my Ray-Ban and wrapped my arm around his waist.

“Seriously? I thought I sucked at the last song.”

He shook his head. “Nope, you’re awesome.”

We found an ice cream truck outside the arena and we snuck out. I ordered a fudgesicle and John ordered a cone of chocolate chunk ice cream. After we got our ice creams, we sat on a bench.

When he was halfway done with his ice cream, he slapped his forehead lightly and fished something out of his pockets.

“What are you looking for?”, I giggled and he suddenly pulled out a medium size velvet box from his right pocket. My eyes widened on the thing and he smiled at my expression.

“It’s your birthday present. From me.”

My mouth hung open a bit and I threw my ice cream away, of the sudden appetite lost. “W-What is it?”

John opened the box and revealed a microphone necklace. The pendant was so amazing and beautiful, I could almost faint in amazement. “You shouldn’t have.”, I whispered as I traced my fingers on the tiny microphone.

“No, No. this is for you. Jess actually helped me picked it out, cause’ I don’t know what do you want. She said that you might like this because you’re a vocalist.”

I shook my head and placed my hand on top of his. “No, John, I love it.”

His smile grew wider and he pulled the necklace out. I turned around so he could clasp it behind my neck. When the necklace was already around my neck, I touched the cool tiny microphone with my index finger. “Thank you so much, John.”

“No problem.”, he smiled. It was like déjà vu, our faces were so close. I looked deeply into his eyes and I could feel that he did it to into mine. He leaned in slowly and when the edge of our lips already met, some fans squealed when they saw us. “Crap!”, he breathed.

We quickly launched up and ran back to the arena until we were in a safe place. We laughed and leaned onto VersaEmerge’s van until we slid onto the ground.
**************
“Jack!”, I jumped onto his back when I found him at Glamour Kills’ tent. He grinned and I locked my legs on his waist so I won’t fall off.

“Hey Ally. Where’ve you been?”

“Nowhere. How about you? Done with your set?”

He shook his head. “Nope, it’s in 10 minutes. Do you want to see?”

I tightened my arms around his neck and pressed my head onto the back of his neck. “Sure.”

Jack grinned and suddenly, he ran to the main stage with me on his back. I laughed when some fans screamed at us and some screamed ‘you should make babies together!’.

When we were in the backstage, I jumped off from Jack’s back and Alex quickly pulled me into a hug. “I haven’t seen you around, Ally cakes!”

“Hey Alex.”, I laughed. Then, it was time for them to go on. They quickly played Lost In Stereo as the first song. I had to jumped and head banged at the side of the stage. They were amazing live.

Jack kept on making jokes and winked at me occasionally, I laughed when he did it. when Alex was playing Remembering Sunday, Jack and I stood at the side of the stage, singing along quietly.

“Hey, break a leg.”, he gave me a pat on the shoulder and Matt, their tour manager, gave me a mic. I looked at the mic, then to Jack, then to Matt.

“What?”

“Come on!”, Matt pushed me lightly out to the stage and I was greeted by roars of the crowd.

“Give it up for Ally Reynolds from New York Suicide!”, Alex said through his microphone. He motioned me to walk to him and I did. When I was already next to him, he started the guitar for Juliet Simms’ part.

I'm not coming back
I've done something so terrible
I’m terrified to speak the truth you'd expect that from me
I’m mixed up, I’ll be blunt
Now the rain is just washing you out of my hair
And out of my mind
keeping an eye on the world
So many thousands of feet off the ground
I'm over you now I'm not home in the clouds
Towering over your hair


I exhaled and when we were done with the song, Alex took my hand and we bowed together. The crowd was crazy of our duet and I looked to the side of the stage. Jack was making heart sign with his hand for me, and I did it too.