Love Complicates Everything

Chapter 19

"Bill?"

"Yeah?"

Emma and I were sitting in the cafeteria for lunch one day, and we were talking for a while.

"What...was it like being stabbed?"

"Uh....well, I didn't really feel any pain at first, I was so shocked. Afterwords it hurt though.... But it was scary....and it happened so fast..."

"What happened to the guy who did it?"

I sighed.

"He got away. They never did find him."

"Awww!

"And I'm so, so scared that he'll come after me. I'd be able to sleep so much better if I knew that he was behind bars."

She hugged me.

"Well you're safe here."

I smiled sadly.

"I hope so."

"Oh and why did you leave so early yesterday at the club?"

"Oh...I just saw someone that I knew."

"So you left? Why?"

"Oh, I don't know!!! Maybe it's because I illegally snuck out of rehab and I dont want anyone to find out??? I have to be careful. Millions of people know me. It's risky."

"But that's the thrill of it!"

"I know..."

That afternoon we had a group activity.

A nurse named Amy was in charge.

"Everyone, I'd like to teach you all a few techniques to stay away from drugs. You should try taking up a hobby, such as music or visual arts to keep your mind off of drugs."

I raised my hand.

"Yes, Mr. Kaulitz."

I smiled.

"Call me Bill."

She blushed.

"Ok, Bill."

"Hi. I'd just like to ask, how can getting into music or art keep us from doing drugs?"

"Uh...well, I guess it keeps people busy, so they won't be as tempted and...I don't know! I'm just saying what my boss told me to!"

"Really? Well your boss is wrong. I keep myself busy all of the time with the band but that didn't keep me out of rehab, did it?"

She looked kind of nervous.

"Well...no, but I'm just repeating what I've been told to say!"

"I know," I replied, smiling.

She looked so embaressed. Hehe, that was fun...

A couple of days later we were in a group counseling session when Dr. Hayes made an announcement.

"Everybody, I'd like to introduce to you a new member of our rehab program. Everyone meet Hugh Jazz!"

I couldn't help but laugh, and so did a few other people.

You don't get it?

Try saying Hugh Jazz a few times fast and after a while what does it sound like? Huge Ass!

"You think my name's funny?"

I looked up to see a face that I had hoped to never see again.

Hugh Jazz [who really did have a huge ass!] looked around the room.

"I smell fear...oh, look! It's Princess Billa!"

I was so terrified that I couldn't even reply. I was even starting to lose my breath.

It couldn't be...

"Bill, do you know this man?" Dr. Hayes asked.

I looked up through tear stained eyes.

"Yes...he's the one who...who...st-stabbed m-me."

I heard a few people gasp.

Hugh smiled this really evil smile.

"So, fag! I see that you survived! Well, that would've been the end of you if your little boyfriend hadn't of come along! But now I can finish what I started! This Hugh Jazz doesn't like to leave things undone!"

He came over to me and punched me, causing me to fall out of my chair.

I tasted blod on my lip, and my face stung.

I thought that this was it, he was going to beat me to a pulp. And Ididn't care anymore if I lived or died.

He could break me, break every bone in my fucking body and I didn't care anymore.

But then I saw someone punch him in the face, just as he was about to punch me.

I thought that maybe it was a police officer or something.

But no - it was Spider.

She spat in his face.

Hey! Pick on someone your own size, bastard!"

I was so shocked. I could've sworn that she hated me...

"Hey kid! Are you alright?" She said to me.

I was going to reply but then everything went black.

I woke up in the nurses office, still at rehab. I had a headache, but other then that I was fine.

Nurse Joy was there.

"What's going on?"

"You passed out. How are you feeling?"

"I'm fine. What happened to Hugh Jazz?"

"Take a deep breath. Relax. The police arrested him: I believe that he's behind bars right now."

"Oh, thank god! Uh...can I leave now?"

She nodded.

"But make sure that you tell me if you're feeling dizzy or anything."

"Sure," I said absent mindedly as I left.

I had to find spider. After all, she did save me from a serious beating.

I found her and Emma in the tv room.

"Uh...spider?"

"Yeah?" She sounded annoyed.

"Um...thank you."

"Oh...well, I didn't do it to be nice or anything. I was just trying to show this Hugh Jazz guy who was boss."

I laughed.

"Spider, just admit that you don't totally hate me and that you did it because you are nice. I know that you aren't really as tough as you pretend. Once again, thank you. I owe you."

And I walked away. I had the feeling that this was the beginning of a new friendship with Spider.

The next day, I got another package.

It didn't say from who.

I read the note first.

You really are a naughty boy! But I still love you,and with all my heart. I miss you.

I opened it up to see the charm bracelet that I had lost.

Oh. Shit.

He knew.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you to everyone who has left a comment, they mean a lot to me.