Love Complicates Everything

Chapter 4


"So I heard that your grades are slipping in school. Any reason?"

It was January 20th and I was in for yet another session. Now she was nagging me about my grades.

"No reason. I just don't feel like learning useless shit anymore."

It was the truth. Besides; if my band made it famous, how smart I was wouldn't matter anymore.

"Mr. Kaulitz, may I point out that doing poorly in school will not do well when your parents decide when to bring Tom home."

"What? What do you know about that?"

"I know enough. Now I believe it will be better for you to do well to be respectful to your parents - and me - and it may well pay off."

I wouldn't believe shit what she told me. Me getting good grades wouldn't make them bring Tom back home.

But she was persistant.

"I actually know a way for you to raise your grade."

"Try me."

"There is a fundraiser that's going to take place next month. If you would perform, it might draw a larger crowd. The money goes to good cause."

"So you want to use my celebrity status to raise money for some stupid charities?"

"Well, that would be the point. After all, Star Search is a popular show, and many people know you. Will you do it?"

I thought about the band I wanted to form with Tom. This would be our chance to perform , and I would have an escuse to see him again.

"OK. I'll do it."

When I got home , my mom was sitting in the living room with a girl about my age. She had blonde hair and blue eyes, and was kinda pretty.

"Bill! I'd like you to meet Sarah."

"Um...hi."

"Hey!"

"Bill, Sarah here is a nice girl who just moved across the street from us. She'll be going to your school and everything! Isn't that nice?"

"I guess so..."

"Well! I'll just leave you two alone to do whatever! Bill, I'm sure you and Sarah will make wonderful friends!"

It was then that I realized what my mother was doing; she was trying to set me up with this girl!

We both sat uncomfortably , unsure of what to say. Then finally she left. And I went to yell at my mother.

"Mom! What were you thinking, trying to set me up with some girl I don't even know!"

"Well honey you are 13 years old! Isn't it about time you got a girlfriend?"

"Mom! I DON'T EVEN LIKE GIRLS!!!!!!!"

She seemed shocked.

"Oh! Well...uh...maybe you're still too young for t his kind of thing! I'm sure you'll be girl crazy by next year."

"Mom, you don't understand! You never understand!"

I ran up to my room , shut the door, and cried.

What would it take for her to understand?