Status: Completed!

I'd Encourage Your Smiles, I'll Expect You Won't Cry

The End

Rain’s P.O.V

I sat there on an uncomfortable plastic chair in the waiting, sat next to me was a shaken up Gerard. We'd been waiting for hours for them to tell us about Mikey's condition but so far all that we'd been told was that he was still unconscious.

I felt really bad about what happened, I mean, it was basically my fault that all of this had happened in the first place. If I'd never met Mikey then he wouldn't be lying in a hospital bed right now, and Gerard wouldn't be sitting here, worried sick, next to me.

It was another hour later before we finally got word of how Mikey was. A doctor came passed and asked us if we were related to him, obviously Gerard said yes and he told him that Mikey was now stable and could have visitors. Although he was still unconscious, he should wake up soon.

Gerard and I made our way to his room where we saw him lying in the generic hospital bed, a bandage over the back of his head and an IV stuck into his hand. I glanced at Gerard to see him cringe at the sight of the needle before taking a few steps forward to sit beside Mikey’s bed. I slowly followed him, taking a seat on the other side of his bed.

“I … I-I’m so sorry Gerard, this is all my fault.” I apologised, my head hanging low in shame.

“What are you talking about? None of this is your fault, its all down to your stupid step-dad, no offence.” Gerard corrected me, I gave a half smile.

“None taken, he can burn in hell.” I said, making Gerard chuckle a bit. At least now the mood was lifted slightly and it wasn’t so awkwardly miserable. We sat there for maybe 10 minutes until I felt my hand being gripped back. Upon glancing at Mikey I swear I saw his eye lids twitch. I snapped my head back to face him, watching as his eyes started fluttering, I nudged Gerard to get his attention to Mikey.

“Mikey?” I questioned, my hand gripping the hand of his which didn’t have the IV in it. His eyes continued to move behind his closed lids before they slowly fluttered open. His worried eyes darted across the room until they met mine and softened significantly.

“Hey.” He croaked out, his voice hoarse from not using it for a while.

“Hey yourself.” I responded. He offered a weak smile as he held my hand tighter, intertwining our fingers.

“Hi Gerard.” He greeted his brother, to which Gerard responded with a soft smile. I kept my eyes on Mikey as his were gazing right back at me; I needed to tell him, it’s now or never. I think Gerard sensed that he wasn’t really wanted at this point in time.

“I think I’ll just give you guys some alone time.” Gerard said awkwardly, before getting up, kissing Mikey’s forehead and walking out of the room, shutting the door behind him. As soon as he did I turned back to Mikey, smiling at him.

“Come closer.” He said, patting the space next to him on his bed. I laid down next to him, snuggling into his chest as his arms wrapped around me securely.

“Thank you.” I said sincerely, looking up at him through my eyelashes.

“It’s fine, I didn’t really do anything except get myself knocked out.” He said, chuckling.

“I don’t care, you’re still my hero.” I said grinning.

“I don’t feel much like a hero.” He scoffed.

“Would this help?” I asked, leaning forward so that your lips touched. He kissed me back, bringing a hand up to cup my cheek, stroking it affectionately.

“It just might.” He said after we both pulled away from the kiss.

“It’s not just that Mikey, when I’m around you I feel calm and safe and … a-and I feel so strongly for you that I … I think I love you.” I confessed, my cheeks heating up as I looked down, embarrassed. A few moments later I felt him lift my chin up to face him, I looked up into his eyes only to see nothing but pure adoration.

“I love you too.” He said softly, making me grin. He leaned down and reattached our lips together in a tender, loving kiss that made me melt against him. From that moment I kinda knew that we’d end up getting married and living in a cosy house with 2 beautiful children. I knew that we’d always be happy, together forever.

The End
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you to all the people who have read this story! Love you loads!
Oh faithful commenters:
Kobra Kid!
Odd.1.OuT
party poison.
Mikey96

Thank youu!
i know that this chapter was kinda crap but i really needed to wrap this one up, i've got too many stories going on at once! But i am starting a new Mikey story soon so keep a look out!

xXFrerardJunkieXx xox