Status: Completed!

I'd Encourage Your Smiles, I'll Expect You Won't Cry

Vampires Will Never Hurt You

“Hi.” I said before taking a sip of my soda.

“So ... are we gonna practice tonight?” Mikey asked, I noticed he hadn’t taken his eyes off of me yet, it was strange yet comforting at the same time.

“Yeah. Hey rain, do you wanna watch our band practice?” Gerard asked me.

“Sure.” I said, trying to sound excited.

“Do you play anything?” Frank asked curiously.

“Just the base.” I said, a little embarrassed.

“Hey, Mikey plays the bass too!” Frank announced. I looked up and caught Mikey’s eyes and he smiled at me. We had finished lunch and it was time to go to next lesson.

“What class do you have next Rain?” Frank asked

“Erm maths with Mr Watson.” I said

“Yay! Me and Mikey have that too! Come on!” Frank said grabbing my arm and pulling me and Mikey to the direction of the maths building, seeing as Frank was running whilst linking our arms together, it made the entire journey quite difficult. We made it there 15 minutes late thanks to Frank for taking a detour and then going to the bathroom.

“Nice of you 3 to join us, eventually,” Mr Watson sighed “Am I right in thinking that this was all thanks to Mr Iero?” Mikey nodded so I assumed that that was Frank's last name.

“You 2 can sit down.” Mr Watson pointed to me and Mikey, we scurried to the seats in the back reluctantly.

“As for you Mr Iero, detention next Monday” Mr Watson said whilst writing him a detention slip.

“Aye aye captain!” Frank said saluting him and taking the slip, skipping to the seat next to me and Mikey.

“Problem child.” I heard Mr Watson mutter under his breath.

“*sniffles* I’m touched” Frank said pretending to wipe away a tear. Mikey and I just sat there laughing at him. By the end of the lesson my sides were hurting from laughing so much at Frank's antics, I never knew maths could be so fun!

“Come one! We better go or Gerard and Ray will leave with out us!” Frank shouted, pulling me and Mikey along with him, he'd done this numerous times in the short time I’d met him. It seems he runs everywhere, does this kid ever run out of energy? We finally met Gerard and Ray leaning against a black land rover, the same black Land Rover that had splashed me this morning, I wasn't all that upset about it though.

“Let’s go then.” Gerard said after he’d acknowledged our presence. Ray sat upfront with Gerard whilst Frank, Mikey and I sat in the back. While I was looking out of the window I had a strange feeling someone was watching me, I glanced to my right to see Mikey staring at me but then he blushed and looked down at his feet. That was odd? I just shrugged it off as we pulled up to an old, shabby looking house.

I stared up at the house in front of me, it wasn't exactly a mansion but who wants to live in a massive house anyway? Following the guys I made my way past the front door and down the steps to the basement where a boy they had introduced as Bob was waiting patiently. There wasn't much light coming through, only one small window of what I assumed to be Gerard’s bedroom seeing as there were rock posters over taking the red walls and a desk covered in art supplies. Having only known Gerard for the short time that I had, I had found out that he is obsessed with his art and music, using so much passion creating mysterious art pieces or meaningful lyrics to songs.

“Okay guys, let’s set up.” ray said as he picked up his guitar and started fiddling with it, Frank and Mikey set up their own guitar and bass whilst Bob got ready on the drums. Gerard got a microphone plugged in and was discussing with Ray what song to play, I waited patiently sitting on the sofa for Gerard to count the guys in after announcing that the song they would play was named 'Vampires will never hurt you'. Bob came in with the drums, followed by the 3 boys on guitars and then Gerard with the vocals.

And if they get me and the sun goes down into the ground
And if they get me take this spike to my heart and
And if they get me and the sun goes down
And if they get me take this spike and
You put the spike in my heart
And if the sun comes up will it tear the skin right off our bones
And then as razor sharp white teeth rip out our necks I saw you there
Someone get me to the doctor, someone get me to a church
Where they can pump this venom gaping hole
And you must keep your soul like a secret in your throat
And if they come and get me
What if you put the spike in my heart
And if they get me and the sun goes down
And if they get me take this spike and
Can you take this spike?
Will it fill our hearts with thoughts of endless
Night time sky?
Can you take this spike?
Will it wash away this jet black feeling?
And now the nightclub sets the stage for this they come in pairs she said
We'll shoot back holy water like cheap whiskey they're always there
Someone get me to the doctor, and someone call the nurse
And someone buy me roses, and someone burned the church
We're hanging out with corpses, and driving in this hearse
And someone save my soul tonight, please save my soul
Can you take this spike?
Will it fill our hearts with thoughts of endless
Night time sky?
Can you take this spike?
Will it wash away this jet black now?
And as these days watch over time, and as these days watch over time
And as these days watch over us tonight
And as these days watch over time, and as these days watch over time
And as these days watch over us tonight
I'll never let them, I'll never let them
I'll never let them hurt you not tonight
I'll never let them, I can't forget them
I'll never let them hurt you, I promise
Struck down, before our prime
Before, you got off the floor
Can you stake my heart? Can you stake my heart?
Can you stake my heart? Can you stake my heart?
(And these thoughts of endless night
bring us back into the light
and this venom from my heart)
Can you stake my heart? Can you stake my heart?
(And these thoughts of endless night
bring us back into the light
kill this venom from my heart)
Can you stake me before the sun goes down?


“Thank you New Jersey!” Gerard screamed through the microphone, I couldn't help but laugh in hysterics as he started to bow and pretend to be bashful and shoo off the people asking for encores and autographs. All through the song I had noticed while Gerard, Frank and Ray were head banging and all moving around acting crazy, there was Mikey who would just stand there playing his part, there was something solemn about the way he plays the bass, he's so much better than I am, he also looked really cute when he occasionally had to push up his glasses. Wait ... did I just call Mikey cute? yeah you kinda did. who was that? duh I’m your conscience. well buzz off, I need to deal with this myself. fine, see ya, wouldn't wanna be ya! I kept arguing with myself inside my head and I must have looked pretty weird as my facial expression changed frequently. I just smiled sheepishly as I noticed them all staring at me.

“So, what did you think?” Gerard asked, collapsing on the sofa next to me, small beads of sweat dripping down his forehead.

“You were all off the mother frickin’ chain! Totally awesome song by the way! I said, tucking a loose strand of hair behind my ear.

“Yeah well I’ve always been fascinated by the paranormal, I wrote that song after I watched Dracula for the 4th time in a row, I guess I had a lot of time on my hands.” Gerard said smiling. Oh, shit! Time! I immediately looked down at my watch and saw that it was 4:25, if I wasn't back soon Mark would kill me.

“Erm guys, I’m sorry but I’ve gotta go.” I said, standing up.

“Sure, okay, do you want me to drop you off?” Gerard asked

“Thanks, much appreciated!” I said. Waving good bye to everyone I then followed Gerard outside to his car, the ride was pretty much silent apart from when I had to give directions to my house. Gerard kinda got lost so I ended up at my house at 4:33, I thanked Gerard for the ride and watched as his car drove off into the distance. I slowly opened the door to reveal Mark and Lottie arguing about something, I went quickly up to my room, hoping they wouldn’t notice me, and dumped my bag on the floor, grateful that they hadn't noticed. Time went by fast and before I knew it it was 10pm, deciding I needed sleep I threw my junk on my desk and pulled the covers over me. Through the silence of the night I suddenly heard my door swing open, I hoped it was a dream so I stayed under the covers with my eyes tightly shut. I heard footsteps coming closer and then an immense pain shoot through my stomach, I crouched over into the fetal position in the bed, holding my aching stomach and then heard the door slam shut again. What the hell happened?
♠ ♠ ♠
hello my lovely readers! hope you like the update! <333
i like comments, they make me happy and motivate me to write more, so keep commenting you guys! and go no, subscibe, you know you want to! xD