Status: In the makings...

Are You Scared Yet?

Quatorze.

“I’m… sorry.” I muttered, heading to the office.

She sighed heavily and faked a grin. “Hey, you wouldn’t have known that the principal was looking for the teacher. Besides, detention isn’t… so bad.” She sounded very unconvincing as she swept her bangs gently out of her face.

I stretched out and grasped her hand as she lowered it, lightly squeezing it to assure her I was there. I pulled her closer which made her gasp. I felt a shock spiral down my spine once our faces were only inches apart. “Marie, let’s get out of her.” I murmured childishly. “W-we don’t need to go to detention. Let’s just go.”

She smirked, but then grimaced after a few seconds. “But won’t we get caught? Besides, the buses have already left; I don’t have a way to get home.”

“So what?” I reasoned while drawing out my cell phone. “And I’ve got that covered.” I dialed Keith and commanded him to pick us up at the side exit of our school where only teachers were allowed out. It was the only part of the school that didn’t have cameras spying at it, and it was generally easy to sneak through. Once I was finished, I offered her my phone. “Need to call your parents?”

She gazed at the phone for a moment, either observing how advanced it looked or debating on telling her parents. Either way, she shook her head no and glanced up at me. “They… they don’t care.” Marie assured in an uneasy tone. I wasn’t going to question her, she sounded shaky enough.

Today is the day I’m going to take risks, and have no regrets. “No regrets…” I muttered, taking her hand that was inviting mine. We sprinted down the hallways together as I guided her to the exit. Never doubt Keith’s helpfulness, as he was there in a matter of minutes with doors open.

“A guest, Brendan, sir?” Keith said as he closed the passenger door, opening up the back door instead for us both to sit in. He always seemed to add sir whenever others were around.

I beamed as Marie slowly climbed in with a look of awe on her face. She might have spoken, or stood there in amazement even, but I was politely pushing her along so we couldn’t get caught. “Keith, this is Marie. Marie, Keith.” I greeted, an elated look growing on Keith’s face. “Now, if you may.” I closed the door and Keith paced to wheel and left off immediately.

Marie looked at me with wide eyes, and lips trembling. Her face was drowned with no color, but her eyes glistened with an overwhelmed shine.

I chuckled, “You can speak now, silly.” while scooting towards her, buckling her in.

“A chauffeur, fancy phone, elegant and expensive car. The way you act, dress, seem. Brendan, what are you keeping from me?” Marie let out airily. She couldn’t keep her eyes on mine as she observed every indent of the leather to the sound of the motor running smoothly. Finally, she glanced at me with an thrilled look, but then immediately cleared her throat and got a serious look. She’s trying to hide her excitement?

Keith responded before I had the opportunity to open my mouth. “Marie, madam, are you okay with us taking you to our suite to talk things over? We have quite some news to discuss.”

“Madam?” She glared at me, raising an eyebrow.

I just winked at her and turned to Keith who had already left the high school area. “What do you think of her so far? Think she’s a keeper? I think she’s the one! Can we take her?” I said, softly, bending towards him so she couldn’t here.

“Brendan, sir, she’s not a puppy.” He teased aloud, causing Marie have a mystified expression.

For a second, I thought this look was cute, but then a thought murdered my contentment. I faked a beam, but then I got a sick feeling in my stomach. I had forgotten why I was so interested into her in the first place—her type. Now that she has opened up to me, I can sense it little by little… but not quite enough to know it…

I swallowed back and dismissed the thought as best as I could, but then realized what else was nerve-wrecking. Sure, I told her my feelings, but will it be just as easy telling her my heritage? And then who I am… what I am…

No regrets.
♠ ♠ ♠
Most chapters added in one day I tell you! 3!

Anyways, Brendan is JUST now thinking about her reaction to the real him.
Brilliant, eh? What'll happen next? Who knows. [I do, I do!] ;)

Comments make the world go round. ~