Status: In the makings...

Are You Scared Yet?

Vingt Et Un.

I sat patiently with Corrine at the table, nervous. I played with the end of the light green dress she had forced me into, not really liking it. She had said it looked gorgeous with my hair and eyes, but I disagreed, only wanting to get back in my clothes from earlier and sleep or something. For some reason, I think that would have been a bad idea, especially with the Vampire King being Brendan’s father and all, and the fact that Corrine wouldn’t let me no matter how much I begged.

“Relax, Marie, Father will adore you!” She said with a smile. I couldn’t help being nervous, I only wanted Brendan around, sure, Corrine was awesome – in her own unique way, maybe a bit too out-going in my opinion, but whatever floats her boat – but Brendan was better.

“I can’t!” I replied, stressing it slightly as I looked down at my lap. In a flash, Corrine was right next to me, I jumped, guessing I’ll never get used to that.

“Mar-Mar, nothing will happen to you, Brendan’s already promised you that, and I’m promising you that now, as a future sister-in-law, at some point or another.” She let out a melodious giggle, pushing her hair behind her ear. As I looked closer, I noticed how perfect she looked, and how I was envious of her for that.

“Cor–” I started, only to be cut off with the doors opening. Corrine was back in her seat in the blink of an eye as I looked over, seeing Keith walk in with Brendan, a smile on his face. I couldn’t help my own smile as I looked at him, our eyes meeting. He seemed to walk a bit faster and made it to my side in no time.

“Why, don’t you look gorgeous, Marie? Not that you don’t all the time...” He said, smiling at me. A small blush attacked my cheeks.

“Thank you, Bren.” Corrine sighed softly. I glanced over at her slightly confused.

“Oh! I’m sorry, it’s just so cute, you two, in love,” she sighed yet again, leaning on the table with a dreamy smile on her face. My face heated up more, a darker shade of red on my face, making Corrine giggle and awe at me. I rolled my eyes, hiding my face behind my maroon hair.

Brendan leaned over, moving my hair away from my eyes. “Don’t hide your face, Marie; you’re far too pretty to be hiding away.” I swear, my face went even redder. He kissed my cheek softly. “You’re cuter when you blush.”

I shook my head, my hair falling back into my face and looking down to my lap. “Brendan, Sir, I wouldn’t advise making her blush so much, she may be your heroine, but she is the only human in the castle at the moment.” My head shot up, my eyes wide, fear attacking me.

“Marie, remember, what I promised you?” Brendan asked. I nodded my head after a moment. “I meant it.” He then took his seat beside me, linking our fingers together.

The doors opened, revealing a man that looked maybe what Brendan would look like in years to come, his same color hair and eyes, a little more muscular, maybe a bit more cocky too. I had to keep myself from even thinking about how much the world didn’t need anotherperson vampire as cocky as him at times.

He carried himself much more sophisticated than Brendan did, though it seemed like you couldn’t get much more sophisticated them him. He took his seat at the end of the table nonchalantly. He looked at me, arching an eyebrow, and not in the cute way Brendan did at times, more like the way of wondering why I was there.

“Hi, Daddy, aren’t you glad that Brendan finally chose a heroine?” Corrine asked with a bright smile. I sat up a bit straighter, feeling a bit intimidated by him, and took my arms off the table like they had previously been. I only hoped that I wouldn’t be forced to change myself, that would not be an easy task at all.

“Well, she’s mortal, doesn’t have many manners, and could use a little work done.” I tilted my head down. It was not a nice thing at all to be put down by a vampire king in anyway.

“Father,” Brendan cut in, giving my hand a small squeeze, “this is Marie Kingsmen, my heroine, Marie, this is my father.”

That’s when I knew everything would most likely go to hell from there.
♠ ♠ ♠
Whoo, and just to say, I don't know how Chloe was deleted from the author's 'cause I know well I didn't do it.

Anyone know how to make origami ninja stars? I'm working on it, and I find it hard and I'm a ninja. So yeah...