Status: In the makings...

Are You Scared Yet?

Trois.

I don’t socialize. Making me do this was pure torture, no, torture was having to work with someone period, this was just hell. I frowned, crossing my arms over my chest, looking up at him, realizing just how tall he was. I may be short – barely five foot – but he was a giant, making me feel even smaller than I actually was. It was like placing an ant next to a Tyrannosaurus Rex, you know, if they weren’t kind of extinct and all. This was in no way fair to me.

“Miss!” I exclaimed, trying once more to be able to work by myself, something I did the best of. Me and working with someone else was never a good outcome, either I’d get pissed majorly or I’d tick them off to no end by ignoring them that’d they’d ask the teacher to move.

“Listen,” He spoke, grabbing my forearm, a mistake, a major one. I opened my mouth to speak, but was beaten to it. “Most everyone would adore it if I were to talk to them – or hell, even look at them it seems! So what is your bloody problem?”

I glared at him coldly. “My problem? My problem? It seems as if some people can’t tell that I’d rather be alone, than conversing with someone who seems to always had it made.” I snapped, crossing my arms over my chest.

“Whoa, whoa, whoa, there, Marie.” My frown deepened.

“It’s Kingsmen, only friends call me Marie.”

“It seems as if you don’t have any friends, though, so I’m going to continue to call you by the name your parents gave you at birth.” A small growl escaped my lips, something that never happened unless I was seriously ticked. I grabbed my notebook, sitting down, and just started writing. It may be against what the teacher originally planned for us to do, but hell, I was not working with that guy. I think I’d rather die.

I snatched up my things as soon as the bell rang, not caring that nothing was accomplished in class. Even though it was still pretty cold outside, I sat under the tree I always did, apple in my hand as I stared off into space, daydreaming. Well, until a certain blonde annoyance decided it was a good time to bother me by sitting down right beside me.

“Go sit with your girlfriends.” I muttered, biting into my apple, the only thing I actually ate at lunch. I refused to eat the stuff they called food here, it was disgusting and not vegetarian-friendly to say the least about it.

“Why? Are you jealous, Marie?” he asked.

“Don’t call me Marie.” I growled, tossing my apple in the trashcan. This guy was seriously getting on my last nerve, does he not know when to shut up and go away?

“And what will you do if I don’t?” He inquired, leaning against my tree, sure, the school owned it, but it was practically mine.

“I’ll mess up that pretty little face of yours before you can say my name.” My voice was sickeningly sweet, rolling sweetly off the tongue, though was bitter to the touch. I gave him a bittersweet smile before stalking off, hoping to god that he would keep his own two feet where they were right then and there or I swear he won’t have two feet to walk anywhere with.

Down one hall and then another there was no footsteps behind me, telling me he was being smart for once. I ran a hand through my hair, cursing my own stupidity. I would not be able to handle being next to that guy for the rest of the school year, I’d end up either killing myself, or him.

I made a note to myself, reminding me to talk to Mr. Olivers tomorrow before History, to get him to move one of our seats. I bit my lower lip, hitting my head against my locker, sighing softly. I was breaking already, and I hated every single bit of it.
♠ ♠ ♠
So how'd you like reading in Brendan's point of view?
Love the comments guys. (: