Highschool 101

Queer as Folk and 16 and Pregnant

“Justin are you gonna talk to me?” Kinsey asked when they walked into her house. She looked around and saw her dad was working late; again.

“Sorry, it’s just… hearing you talk like that, it kind of made me…” he trailed off and blushed. Kinsey smiled.

“What was that? I didn’t hear you,” she teased. He looked at her and grabbed the back of her head, pulling her closer. She giggled when she felt his lips beside her ear.

“It got me all hot and bothered,” he whispered. She let out a sigh.

“As flattering as that is,” she pushed him away slightly. He laughed.

“I wasn’t gonna do anything, Kins,” she nodded and sat on the couch, patting the space beside her. He smiled and ran over, jumping beside her. She laughed and let him pull her close. She turned on the TV and settled on 16 and Pregnant.

“You watch this?” Justin asked. She shrugged.

“If I'm bored enough,” he smirked.

“So you’re bored?” she laughed.

“You know what I meant. Plus, it’s midnight and there’s nothing good on. Except for Queer as Folk. But I figured I’d spare you that one…” his eyes widened.

“Thank you,” she nodded, smiling. She turned back to the TV and they watched silently.

“These girls are such bitches! It’s their fault! They’re the ones who had sex! Those poor babies…” Kinsey ranted. Justin smiled and looked at her. She was too into the show to notice so he just watched her.

Her smile. Her beautiful blond hair. And the way her eyes lit up every time there was a baby on the screen…

“Kins?” he whispered. She turned to him slowly.

“Yeah?” he reached up and brushed her bangs back, then stroked her cheek.

“When you grow up… where do you see yourself?” she smiled and turned the TV off. She turned her body so she was leaning against the arm rest, facing him.

“Well, I see myself married to the love of my life,” he smiled at her.

“Why’d you ask?” he shrugged.

“I don’t know. I kept seeing the way your eyes would light up when there was a baby on the TV. It made me wonder,” she smiled softly.

“I love kids. I always have,” he nodded.

“I can tell. Let’s play a game,” he suggested. She nodded.

“OK, what game?” he smiled.

“Let’s pretend you and I are married and you’re pregnant. What do you want to have, and what would the name be?” she giggled.

“Why are you asking me this?” he shrugged.

“Curious. Now, tell me,” she sighed and thought about it, then smiled.

“Well, I want a little girl probably. As for the name, probably Christopher Elizabeth,” Justin bit his lip.

“Wow. That’s a beautiful name,” she blushed.

“Thanks,” he nodded and pulled her into his arms. He lay back against the couch and she laid on his chest. She yawned slightly.

“Get some sleep baby girl. I'll see you in the morning,”