Highschool 101

Reactions

Justin slowly walked into the living room and smiled at Kinsey and Cody.

“Hey,” he whispered, trying not to disturb the two year old who was slowly falling asleep in Kinsey’s arms. When Cody saw Justin, she whined and held her arms out for him.

He took her carefully and sat beside Kinsey on the couch, laying Cody on his chest.

“She’s too cute,” Kinsey whispered. Justin nodded.

“Yeah,” his voice cracked. He didn’t want to tell Kinsey but he had to.

“She kind of looks like you,” Kinsey commented. Justin nodded again and waited until Cody was fully asleep before speaking.

“Kins, I have to tell you something. I don’t know how you’re going to react though…” he trailed off. Kinsey nodded nervously.

“Alright…” he took a deep breath.

“Cody isn’t my sister. She’s, uh… she’s my daughter,” Kinsey let out a sigh of relief.

“Oh my gosh! I thought you were about to break up with me,” Justin looked at her quizzically.

“You’re not mad?” she smiled.

“Why would I be mad? She’s the cutest thing ever. But I would like to know how it happened,” he smiled slightly.

“Remember what I told you about Van Dike? My other girlfriend?” she nodded and waited for him to continue.

“Well it was the night before he sent her into a coma that she told me she was pregnant. The only reason her parents kept her on life support was to save Cody. Right when she was removed from Carlie’s body… they took the life support away,” Kinsey sucked in a breath.

“Wow, Justin… I'm sorry,” he shrugged.

“I loved her but, God needed her. Plus, now I have you and Cody,” she smiled and leaned over, kissing him softly

“That you do,” she whispered.