Highschool 101

Queer Alert

The next day at school, Justin kept glancing at the doors every few seconds, looking for Kinsey.

Finally, she walked through the doors, her head down. He smiled softly and walked over, nodding at Carmen, who walked off.

"Kins..." Justin said softly. Kinsey jumped slightly, turning to look. She sighed when she saw Justin there.

"I'm sorry," she murmured. He sighed and wrapped his arms around her tightly.

"Don't be sorry. I understand. I promise not to do anything like that again, alright?" she nodded against his chest.

"OK," she whispered. He pulled back and looked into her bright blue eyes.

"Are you going to be OK?" she nodded slowly.

"I think so," he smiled and grabbed her hand, lacing their fingers together.

"People are staring," he said, chuckling. She looked around and smiled before looking back at Justin.

"Let them stare," he smiled brightly at her. She was already back to normal.

At lunch, Kinsey and Carmen sat with Justin's lunch table, fitting right in with everyone.

"Check it out! Queer alert!" someone yelled across from the cafeteria. Everyone turned to look and saw one of the football players holding a boy, who was closing his eyes tightly.

"Who is that?" Kinsey asked Justin.

"The football player is Van Dike... But everyone calls him Van Dick. The boy he's holding... That's Damien, the biggest gay guy in the school. He just recently came out," Justin explained. Kinsey nodded, taking it all in. Everyone watched the scene unfolding in front of them.

Van Dike picked Damien up, carrying him over to the trashcan. Right before he threw him in there, he was stopped.

"Stop!" someone yelled near them. They all looked and saw Kinsey and Carmen standing up, the same look on their faces.

"What are you two doing?!" Demi hissed. They ignored her, walking over to the two boys who were looking at them from beside the trashcan. T.C. and Justin stood up protectively.

"What do you two want?" Van Dike sneered. Kinsey flinched a little, but stood her ground.

"What we want is for you to let him go!" Carmen snapped. Van Dike rolled his eyes and glanced over at Kinsey, looking her up and down.

"Yeah, and what are you going to do about it, sweetheart?" he taunted. Everyone at the table visibly winced.

"I don't think you really want to know," Carmen threatened. Van Dike let go of Damien, who backed up.

"Come on sweetheart... how about we go have some fun?" he wiggled his eyebrows at Carmen.

"He shouldn't of done that," Joe murmured.

"Don't touch me," Carmen growled when Van Dike reached up to touch her face. He smirked at did it anyway. Carmen reached up and punched him in the face, making him go backwards a few feet. He looked at her in disbelief.

"You little bitch!" he yelled, advancing on her.

"Hell no!" T.C. said, jumping up to run over there, all the other boys following him.

"I wouldn't touch her if I were you," T.C. sneered. Van Dike looked at him, straightening his shoulders.

"Guys, don't," Kinsey spoke up. No one really payed any attention to her, making her sigh.

"Do you have a problem, Carter?" Van Dike asked.

"Actually, he does! So why don't you go bother someone else!" Nick said.

"Jonas, you don't scare me. Plus, you already have your sex toy, so why are you defending another one?" Nick took a deep breath trying to calm himself.

"Why are you all over here? Each of you have your fuck buddies! Everyone except for little T.C. here. Guess he likes the freaks," before anyone could blink, Van Dike was tackled to the floor by T.C., the rest of the guys joining him a second later.

No one breathed. No one moved. All they did was watch the fight unfold.

"Justin! You promised!" Kinsey yelled, trying to contain her emotions.

"What is going on in here?!" Everyone turned to the sound of a new voice. All the guys jumped up when they saw the principal, Principal Gary, standing there, a stern look on his aging face.

"Van Dike was talking bad about our girls! And he was bothering Damien!" Taylor yelled. Principal Gary rolled his eyes, motioning to the doors of the cafeteria.

"All of you, my office. You too Miss Kingsley," Carmen followed the guys out, not looking at Kinsey.

"Kinsey, I'm sorry!" Justin pleaded with her. She didn't look at him.

"You promised," she whispered with tears in her eyes.

"I know I did but he was talking bad about you and-"

"Mr. Bieber!" Principal Gary cut Justin off.

"Just go," Kinsey murmured, then ran out of the cafeteria.