Highschool 101

Get Out

Kinsey sat curled up on her bed, trying to get the image of Justin in a fight out of her head. Her heart was clenching painfully and she felt like she was going to throw up.

She jumped slightly when there was a knock on her bedroom door. She looked up and smiled slightly at her dad.

"Hi dad," she whispered, sighing after. He walked into the room, sitting beside her on the bed.

"You OK baby? You look a little pale?" she shrugged.

"I'm fine. Just thinking," he nodded, knowing she didn't want to talk about it.

"Where's Carmen?" her heart clenched again.

"At the school, most likely getting suspended," her dad sighed.

"Another fight?" Kinsey didn't say anything, giving the answer away.

"Alright, well, why don't you get some rest. I'll wake you up a little bit later," she nodded, already feeling tears enter her eyes.

"OK," she whispered. He smiled sadly, kissing her forehead, then leaving the room.

Kinsey woke up two hours later to pounding footsteps on the stairs. She opened her eyes right when her door opened, revealing the last person she wanted to see right now.

"Get out," she growled. Justin sighed.

"Kinsey! Please just listen to me! He was talking bad about you! I wasn't going to let him do that!" Kinsey stood up angrily.

"You promised Justin! You promised you wouldn't get into any fights! You knew about Josh and you still fought Van Dike! You knew it would upset me! And you didn't even care!" she screamed, tears of anger falling from her eyes. His eyes closed for a second.

"Please, just let me explain," he whispered, moving towards her with his arms opened. She backed up, pointing to the door.

"Get out! I never want to see you again!" she yelled, pushing him out. He tried to fight her. He tried to get her to stop. She kept pushing.

"Kinsey,"

"NO! GO!" she screamed, finally pushing him out of the door, hurriedly shutting her door behind her.

She collapsed against it, sobbing.

She had never felt this kind of pain on her heart, and she didn't like it.