Highschool 101

Answer Me

It was a week. A week without Kinsey and Justin thought he was going to die.

Everyone noticed the change in both of them. Everyone tried to help them, but neither would talk.

Kinsey wouldn't talk to anyone. Not even Carmen, who still sat with the normal group at lunch, trying to live a normal life for once.

Currently, the group was sitting in the cafeteria, eating lunch. Justin was staring at Kinsey, who was staring out of the window, watching the rain fall.

Even from across the room, Justin could see the tears in her eyes and it killed him.

Kinsey stood up, walking out of the cafeteria quickly.

"I'm tired of this..." Justin muttered, standing up. He followed Kinsey's steps, seeing her going into the girl's bathroom. He glared at the door, running over there. He opened and closed the door quickly, locking it behind him. He found Kinsey in front of one of the mirrors, just looking into it. She hadn't noticed him yet.

"You know you're going to have to talk to me sooner or later," he spoke up. Kinsey jumped, turning towards him. Her once bright blue eyes were now dull and dark, always filled with un-shed tears.

"Go Justin," she murmured, trying not to look him in the eyes.

"Kinsey, please just talk to me! Or let me explain!" she sighed.

"There's nothing for you to explain," she whispered. Something inside of Justin snapped.

"Kinsey! Do you want to know why I fought Van Dick?! It's because my ex-girlfriend died because of him! First, he talked about her like he talked about you. Then he raped her and beat her! Put her into a coma! She died while she was in the coma! I never got him back and when he was talking about you, I lost it and I just, couldn't control it! I'm sorry but please forgive me because I need you Kinsey! My life has been a living hell this past week because you haven't been in it!" he yelled. She sucked in a breath.

"Justin... I'm sorry," she whimpered. He sighed, walking over slowly. She didn't move so he grabbed her hands, lacing their fingers together.

"I just didn't want that to happen to you, alright?" she nodded and looked at him softly.

"Will you forgive me?" he smiled and brushed her bangs out of her eyes.

"Of course," she smiled and stood on her tip-toes, pressing her lips to his softly.

For a first kiss between them, it was a hell of a good one!

When Justin pulled back, his head was spinning. He smiled.

"Wow," he murmured, looking down. On her arm, was one long cut... right over her veins. And it was recent, with dried blood on it. His breath hitched in his throat.

"Kinsey..." he whispered, brokenly. She looked into his line of vision and immediately blushed, muttering an apology over and over again.

"Did you do this recently?" she didn't answer.

"Answer me!" he demanded. She whimpered and nodded slightly.

"Yes, I'm sorry!" she whispered. He sighed and wrapped her in his arms tightly.

"It's OK baby. Everything's going to be OK," but honestly, he was scared.

Scared of what was to come for him and the girl shaking in his arms.