Status: Active, for a while! Muhahaaha.

I Swear This Time I Mean It

Please Don't Crush Me

Image
“Savannah! Why in the hell did you go into my room?”
“Mikayla, you’re in high school, you need to realize that you can’t just go around trashing your room! What about when you get into college? Whose going to clean your room?”
“Uhm, no one. Maybe I like it messy. You’re so fucking annoying.” Mickey rolled her eyes, as she stormed out of the house. “Fucking bitch,” she mumbled, climbing into her green Honda Accord and driving to Sassy’s house. On the way, the song “What Went Wrong” by Blink 182 came on, causing tears to stream down her face. “DAMN YOU ZACK MERRICK!” She yelled. As if that would make her feel better.
She arrived at Sassy’s house, and ran to the door. Her door was never locked so she walked on in. “Sass?” she called.
“Yes Mickey Mouse?” she called, a happy tone in her voice, like always. Mickey had always been a bit envious of Sassy and Matt’s relationship. They rarely fought, and he never ditched her for band stuff, and never ever went a month without talking to her, let alone two.
“Mickey Mouse??! Where?!” Matt called from the couch. He turned, “Oh it’s the next best thing!” He smiled, then he saw the cascade of tears that now resided on Mickey’s face. “Babe, what’s wrong?” He jumped over the back of the couch, going to hug her. The hug comforted Mickey, even though the arms around her didn’t belong to who she wanted them to.
Sassy walked out of the kitchen, carrying a bowl of popcorn, as she saw Matt hugging Mickey and patting her back. She mouthed, “What’s wrong?” to Matt, as she sat down the bowl on the coffee table.
“I don’t know yet, probably Zack,” he mouthed back, making sure Mickey didn’t see.
“Hey, Mick Mouse, come upstairs with me?” Sassy asked, as Mickey left Matt’s embrace.
“Mhmm,” she sniffled, following Sassy up the stairs.
When they reached the Mickey Mouse-filled room of Matt’s, Mickey collapsed on the bed, and sighed. Her tears and temporarily ceased, but her heart was still heavy. Another waterfall was sure to break loose at any minute. “Boob Face, tell me what’s wrong,” Sassy softly said.
Mickey laughed at her nickname. “Penis Face, I just don’t know what to do about Zack. The guy tells me he’s in love with me, then leaves for two fucking months to handle business with Hopeless? He better be fucking lucky he’s taking all BS courses that don’t count. Fuck. He hasn’t called or texted or even e-mailed me in two God damn months! What the hell is his issue? Does he even care? No. I should’ve known it would’ve been all bull from the moment I got that text Junior year! Fuck. I hate him.”
“Mick, don’t say that. You know you don’t. I know you think he’s mad and all, but he’s probably super busy. And you know Zack, technology definitely doesn’t like him. They’re coming back tonight so maybe you can talk to him then? Or me and Matt can? You know Matt thinks of you as a little sister, and when you hurt, he hurts. He also gets pissed and hurts other people. And you’re my best friend so I’ll be here for you always. Plus there’s Annie. She’s got enough fire and angst to kill someone, so she’ll kill him if you want. But I’m sure you don’t want him to do. Matt’s throwing them a welcome back party tonight , will you stay here and keep me sane? Please? And if you don’t want to see Zack, I’ll make sure you don’t. Deal?”
“I guess. Will you clean me up mommy Sassy?” Mickey sighed, sitting up.
Sassy reapplied eyeliner and mascara to Mickey, then gave her some clothes to wear.
“Well, tonight’s gonna be fun,” Mickey whispered, as she looked into the mirror. Just as she was flipping and leaving the bathroom to join Matt and Sassy in the living room, she heard the familiar sound of the opening and closing of van doors.
♠ ♠ ♠
I love you Boob Face! <333
Sorry it's so short, I know you hate short stories!