Status: Active, for a while! Muhahaaha.

I Swear This Time I Mean It

I Won't Let You Down

Image
The sounds of New Found Glory pulsed throughout the house from Matt’s old speakers. Drinks were pouring, and smoke from multiple bongs and joints filled the air. Mickey hated it. She didn’t drink, nor did she smoke, making house parties pointless. She was here to have a good time, though. She saw Annie across the room, downing her 5th Corona, and talking to Garrett Nickelsen. Mickey laughed, that was a fight waiting to happen. On the opposite side of the room, Sassy stood with Matt’s arm across her shoulders. Matt wasn’t a heavy drinker, as he was still on his first Corona, barely drinking anything all. Sassy was laughing at some dumb joke Danny K was telling. She hated the guy, but him and Matt were friends, so she tried to be nice for Matt’s sake.
When Sassy saw Mickey standing awkwardly alone, she motioned for her to come over. Mickey drug her feet over to the group, putting on a façade of a smile.
“Hey girl! I miss you!” Danny exclaimed, hugging Mickey. She cringed, she despised Danny, yet he insisted on trying to be all buddy-buddy with her. Sassy couldn’t hold back her laughter, everyone knew Danny was yearning to get into Mickey’s pants. It had actually caused Danny a black eye when Zack had found out…
“Yeah!” Mickey tried to sound chipper, and she hoped it seem that way to Danny.
“You want a drink?” Danny asked.
“Uhm, definitely not. I’m gonna go outside. All this smoke is giving me a headache, talk to you later!”
“Mickey Mouse! I’m coming too!” Sassy called, kissing Matt on the cheek as she exited the crowded room behind Mickey.
They walked out into Matt’s backyard, and Mickey plopped on the grass. It was spring, and a beautiful night. It was the perfect temperature, not hot, not cold. “Something’s up. Tell me,” Sassy said, as soon as she sat beside Mickey.
“It’s just-,” Mickey started, as she was interrupted by a very drunk Annie running out from the patio door.
“JACK SHUT THE FUCK UP! I’M NOT A NAPKIN SO STOP USING ME YOU DOUCHE NUGGET!”
“Annie, baby, please, let’s not fight! What the hell are you talking about anyways? I’m not using you, and I love you. Please come back inside, you’re making a scene!” Jack called, running after Annie.
“YOU SAID I WAS GONNA SUCK GARY’S DISCO STICK. I DON’T WANNA SUCK HIS DISCO STICK. I WANNA SUCK YOUR DISCO STICK YOU STUPID LEBANESE FREAK!” Annie slurred, turning around and pointing her finger into Jack’s chest.
“Annie Castleberry, shut the hell up,” he mumbled, before kissing her.
“AWH JACKAROO I’M SORRY! I DIDN’T MEAN TO BE MEAN TO YOU! PLEASE DON’T HATE ME!” Annie started to cry, making Sassy and Mickey laugh. This fight usually broke out every time there was a party.
After the Jack and Annie fight and died out, and they were somewhere in a corner making out, Mickey continued, “So, well, it’s weird because I haven’t seen Zack at all. When they first got here, he was so quiet, like I got a hug, and he’s like ‘I miss you’, then he randomly disappears to go skateboarding. What the fuck? At least stay with me if you love me, ya know? Ugh, I’m just tired of him leading me on. I’m so fucking in love with him it isn’t even funny. He keeps playing with my heart, I can’t handle it dammit! I really, really can’t!” Mickey poured her heart out, as the tears made their home once again on her face.
“Awh, Mick Mouse, please don’t cry!” Sassy pulled Mickey into a bear hug, rubbing her back. “Zack told Matt he needed thinking time to himself, that’s why he’s been gone for so long. You know it’s not easy for him to share his feelings. He’s just not very open. I know you’re his best friend, but you know how he is.”
“Mhmm, but damn, he wants to say he’s in love with me, then be all Mr. Mysterious? That kinda pisses me off, dude,” Mickey whispered into Sassy’s arm. “Can I borrow your phone? Mine’s still in the car.”
“Of course, babe. Oh and by the way, Zack’s speed dial is number 6. Might save you some time.” Sassy winked, as she handed Mickey her iPhone. Matt really spoiled her too much.
“Be back in a minute, thanks,” Mickey called, as she walked around the front yard. What better place to spill your heart to the guy you’re in love with, than a vacated street, right? She held down the 6 button as she started her trek down Matt’s street. Dial tone. Dial tone. Dial tone. Boy, did Mickey hate dial tones. They held so much hope. Once they were over, she would either have a person to talk to, or a voicemail.
“Hello?” Zack answered, his voice sounded hoarse.
“Hey, it’s Mickey.”
“Mickey!” he immediately perked up. “Look, babe, I’m so sorry I didn’t stay earlier! I was just…-,” he paused.
“Yes?” She asked, not wanting him to beat around the bush.
“Look, where are you? This would sound a lot better in person.”
“I’m like on Matt’s street, near the end, why?”
“Okay, meet me on Thames Street? In like five? Is that enough time?”
“Yeah.”
“I’ll be right there! Please be safe! I love you. *click*.” Zack ended the conversation. Mickey’s heart pounded. It wasn’t that “OH EM GEE” good pounding, but then again, it wasn’t that “HOLY SHIT SOMETHING’S ABOUT TO GO WRONG!” kind of pounding either. It was the type of pounding that happens when a person knows that a situation could end very well, or quite horrible.
Mickey began walking towards Thames Street, she knew the way by heart. The amount of times she and Zack and walked there for ice cream or skateboarded there had been well over 50 the last time she counted. Her palms were starting to sweat. Just around the corner, she thought. She couldn’t help but think pessimistically. What if he tells me we can’t be friends? What if he says he wasn’t serious about loving me? There were a million ‘what if’s’ flowing through her mind, and she just wanted to scream.
As she saw the oh-so-familiar street sign, she took a deep breathe, wiped the tears off of her face, and approached the muscled-figure standing right below it, holding a skateboard. “Zack?” she hesitantly asked.
“Mickey,” his voice broke on her name, she saw that he had been crying as well.
“Zack! Are you-,” Mickey began, but didn’t get to continue, for Zack interrupted her.
“Please, don’t say anything, let me talk,” he grasped her face in his hands, and looked her straight in her eyes, as he said, “I’m so sorry. I know you probably think I’m the world’s biggest douche for not talking to you in like forever. But I was just so, so, so scared. I didn’t know what to do. Usually, girls come to me saying they love me, and of course I reply with ‘love you too’, but you’re the only one I’ve ever actually loved. I just, feel so different with you. A good different. You’re so unique, not like all those other fake chicks. I can call you at four in the morning about Halo, and you’ll talk to me about it. You never get annoyed with my constant complaining about my abs, or never get mad when I take so much time to work-out. You don’t dog about me for smoking weed, even though you don’t necessarily approve of it. I love you, Mikayla Delaney Sharp, I truly do. I don’t know how I ever lived without you, I need you so much. I know you don’t think so, since I didn’t call, but I was honestly afraid. I don’t deserve you, I know that. You’re too good for me. You don’t think so, but I do. It’s true. You’re so perfect, I’m just… Zack,” he sighed, stroking her cheek, and looking for a sign of understanding in her face. She responded with tears, it was the only thing she could muster up. “I’m sorry, please don’t cry.” He kissed her cheeks, trying to kiss away all of her tears, and pain. “I’m so sorry baby. I’ll never let you go, or let you down. I love you so much.”
“I know. I love you too. Just promise me you won’t ever ignore me again? And be here forever?” She said, breaking through her own silence, surprising not only Zack, but herself too.
“I promise you. I’m never going to ignore you. I’m going to talk to you so much, you’ll probably get tired of me,” he smiled, making her smile as well.
“I could never get tired of you, Zack Merrick. You should know that by now. I love you.”
“I love you more. I’m never going to leave you again.”
“Promise?”
“I swear this time I mean it.” He turned away from her, linking their fingers together. “Come along now, I’ve got to show off my girlfriend at this party down the street.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Made me cry.
I really like this!
I love you Boob Face! :DDD
Ahaha, and you too Annie! And you too Molly! And you too Courtnie! <3 Ahahahaa.