Her

10

“I’m taking your car, alright?” I yelled into my brother’s room and heard a grunt. I took this as approval, and left the house before I could be told otherwise. I backed out of the driveway and took the short drive to Jade’s house. I honked and a minute later she scampered out of the house, wearing one of my sex pistols t-shirts, a pink skirt, and no shoes. She threw her bag in the back and pecked me on the lips.
“Uh, hon? Are you forgetting something?” I said with a grin. She looked a little confused and began looking around the car. Then she looked at her feet.
She smacked her head and laughed. “Wait a sec.” She scampered back in the house and came back with a pair of sandals, pulling them on as she hopped down the walk.
“You’d forget your head if it wasn’t attached.” I stepped on the gas and started off to school.
“Lucky it is, eh?” She grinned and turned on the CD player. One of my brother’s weird “anti-rap” rap albums came on. It was actually mostly guys sort of rapping and shreading guitars.
“Your brother has interesting tastes.” Jade commented and dug her bag out from the back seat.
“How do you know that’s not my music?” I watched her as she rooted around in her acid green messenger bag.
“Because you hate rap with a firey passion.” She found what she was looking for and pulled it out. “Behold, my dear, the ultimate mixed CD. A perfect combination of old and new, electronic and acoustic, punk and pop...I think you get the gist.”
I grinned. “You’re amazing, you know that?” She giggled and popped the disc into the player. Iggy and the Stooges came on. I leaned over and kissed her at a red light. This little exchange lasted longer than expected, and the car behind me began to honk. We parted as I accelerated.
“Aww, paying attention to the road is no fun.” Jade pouted.
"Of couse it's not, but we're almost there." I smirked and she scrunched her face into an adorable frown.
She rolled down the window and stuck her head out. She yelled "Good morning, Des Moines! I love you, you crazy, tiny city!"
She always had to say hello to our town.

We finally got to the Downtown Academy. I parked, we grabbed our bags, and walked hand in hand into the school. We saw Damien and Ed sitting in the front foyer, talking and laughing.
“Good morning, kiddies.” I said, plopping down next to Ed. He swung his arm around me.
“Hello, lab partner!” Ed grinned at me. “Jade, come here, baby.” She happily sat down on his other side and he put his arm around her.
“You’re such a pimp.” Damien commented. “And am I completely left out of this love circle?”
“Sorry, dude.” Ed grinned and patted his lap. Damien sat down and grinned broadly. We sat and talked together for about 10 minutes until the bell rang. Yeah, we’re kind of weird.

Jade and I had to part, as she had AP lit, and I had AP chemistry. I kissed her cheek, as there were teachers present, and the boys simply hugged each other. I headed off to the chemistry lab with Ed in toe, and Damien and Jade left for lit.