Status: Ongoing

The Business of Sex

Love and lust together here

He paced around his room, waiting for the beautiful blonde that had taken occupation in his mind as of late. Alex wondered what he was supposed to say to her. Was she even going to be happy to see him? Was she going to remember him?

He had never been this nervous since being drafted and playing his first professional game, but then again he felt more excited than nervous in both occasions. This time he was more nervous than he was excited. When it came to Chloe, he was nervous about even the smallest thing.

She had that effect on him. She could make him nervous about even the simplest touch, to a certain look she would give him.

Chloe's hands trembled as she clutched her cell phone. She couldn't believe it when Tony called and told her that her long time client Stevenson cancelled and that Alex Ovechkin had requested her.

It hadn't been more than two weeks since Alex had been in Vegas. She found it weird that he was already back. She knew that he had a busy schedule ahead of him, given he was the face of the Washington Capitals and had obligations. He even said so himself.

She wasn't going to lie, Alex made her jittery. Usually with any other man, she easily pulled off confident and sexy, but with Alex, she had to try. It was like she became an insecure teenage girl around him. With him, it wasn't just mindless sex.

She stopped at the front of the door that Tony told her he would be at. She pulled out her compact mirror and looked at her face. She tried to cover as much of the bruise on her right eye as much as she could, but you could still see a faint bruise.

Her lip was a little bit swollen from when Tony had struck her. It took her awhile to get all the blood from her mouth and face cleaned and even longer to get it to stop bleeding. Her stomach was worse. It was now a dark black and blue colour that hurt when her shirt so much as even grazed it. She wondered how she was going to get through the night.

Sure Tony had hurt her before, but never the way she was now. He had made sure that she wasn't hurt where her work would be compromised. It seemed like Tony had just reached his boiling point.

Sighing, she gave up on trying to hide her bruises. There was really nothing she could do left to hide it. Chloe stuffed it in her bag and hesitantly knocked on the door.

Taking a deep breath, Alex counted to ten so that it didn't look like he was actually waiting by the door for Chloe. He didn't want her to think that he was hung up on her, which he completely was.

The moment he opened the door, the first thing he saw was the black and blue bruise on her cheek and the swollen lip. Despite the bruises, she still looked beautiful and like always she managed to steal Alex's breath.

"Chloe…" he greeted her slowly and cautiously.

Chloe gave Alex a small smile and awkwardly motioned to the room. "Are you going to let me in anytime soon?"

Nodding dumbly, Alex just moved to the side letting her in. Without a word, he watched as she entered the room, her hips swaying seductively. She was dressed in a red lace corset, a tight black pencil skirt, stockings, black pumps and a leather jacket.

She took off her jacket and carelessly threw it on the couch. She leaned on the back of the couch, taking off the clip in her hair slowly. Her blonde curls started to spill methodically around her back.

"You were eager to see me," she whispered lowly.

Alex looked at Chloe shocked. Her corset rode up a bit allowing him to see a small portion of the bruise on her stomach. "What happened to you?" he asked worriedly and walked over to where Chloe was. He lifted the corset at the bottom and saw the bruise much more clearly.

Chloe looked away from Alex ashamed. She didn't expect him to care and because of it she felt dirty. She didn't feel like she was good enough for him and for his kindness. She felt disgusted with herself and dirty.

"Its nothing I can handle," she snapped and moved away from him towards the bed. Once she lay sideways on the bed, she winced which Alex caught.

"That's not nothing if you're getting hurt. Who did this to you?"

"Alex," she started, her voice stern. "Really is nothing."

"Its Tony isn't it? I'm going to kill that bastard," he mumbled angrily and walked over to the door to give Tony a piece of his mind. It was beyond him how anyone could hit a girl. No one under any circumstances had the right to hurt a girl, especially if she was defenceless.

Hastily, Chloe got up from the bed and ran in front of Alex. She held up her hands and placed it on his chest. "Don't. I'll tell you what happened, just don't go after him," she pleaded with him.

Sighing, Alex willed himself to let go of the idea of hurting Tony and sat down on the couch Chloe was previously leaning against. Chloe followed suit and sat down beside him, with a bit of distance between them.

"I wanted to get out," she said bluntly.

"Get out of what?"

"This," she said looking around. "This life. I wanted to get out of this life. I wanted to make something of myself, I didn't want to prostitute anymore. But Tony didn't take it very well. No one takes it very well when your best prostitute leaves," Chloe explained.

Alex looked at Chloe surprised. Before, when he had hired her the first time she seemed so happy with her life. She acted as if it was the best thing in the world. She made it seem like it was the best thing in the world.

"So he hit you?"

Chloe nodded. "It happened before," she whispered and leaned on Alex's shoulder. "It happened lots of time. When I didn't deliver enough money, when a customer complains about my service and when I tell him I want to leave. It's nothing new, but this time he got real pissed."

"What can I do? Do you need money? I can give you money," Alex frantically said.

Chloe raised her head from Alex's shoulder and placed a hand on his arm, making him stop talking. She gave him a weary smile and looked him straight in the eye. At that moment, everything changed between them.

It was the first time Chloe touched him without the intentions of sleeping with him. It was the first time they looked at each other right in the eye without lust in them. It was the first time that Chloe and Alex had a meaningful relationship.

Chloe leaned closer to Alex ever so slowly, not once removing her eyes from him.

Alex felt his breathing hitched. The look Chloe was giving him was different from the usually one she would give. It was more human, like this time her emotions were really. He could see sadness in her eyes, it pained him to see it.

"Just want me," she whispered and kissed him passionately.
♠ ♠ ♠
What did you think?
Now things are starting to get more real between them.
Four new comments for the next chapter!
Thank you.
Join my hockey contest?