She's a Killer.

06. she can't give up.

Chloe stood just backstage, leaning against the wall and holding her stomach. She wasn't even supposed to be sitting up, let alone standing and walking around. Her black and blue tummy was causing her agony even when she just breathed. Vince was officially being called heartless among the roster, but he of course, didn't care. She groaned, hearing The Hoff calling out the matches he was setting up.

"And lastly- Well, first, you have to know I didn't set this match up. This was all the chairman. Chloe Batista will be the primary wrestler in a three part gauntlet match tonight."

Boos immediately filled the arena. Chloe's music came on and she grimaced, pushing herself off the wall and slowly making her way out to the ring. Her limping wasn't exaggerated and her pain wasn't faked. A microphone was clutched in one hand, the other holding her stomach.

"Give me a second, Hoff," She grunted into the microphone before setting it on the mat.

Turning her back, she braced her arms on the edge and heaved herself onto the ring. Pain ripped throughout her front half and she cringed, before laying back on the mat and rolling under the bottom rope. The Hoff quickly walked over to help her up, moving her to rest against the turnbuckle.

"Are you alright, Chloe?" He asked worriedly, "Should I get a chair up here? Do you need to sit down?"

Chloe waved him off, breathing deeply through her nose before bringing her mic up to her lips, "A gauntlet match?"

"I'm afraid so," The Hoff grimaced at her.

"Would this have anything to do when I refused to play nice with my brother last week?" She held the mic away for a moment and grunted in pain, "I knew Vince was pissed, but I didn't think he wanted to end my career."

"I'm sorry Chloe," He sighed and rubbed a hand over his chin, "I would stop the match, but he said you either participated in the gauntlet match or he would terminate your contract."

Chloe didn't say anything else, only dropped her mic and slowly made her way out of the ring and off the ramp. Fans screamed and cheered as she passed. Profanities left her lips as she moved, stopping half way up the ramp to take a breath before continuing. When she finally got behind the curtain, she was instantly lifted into her older brother's arms.

"Fuck!" She shouted in pain, "Goddamn Vince!"

"Who are your matches against?" Carlito asked as Dave sat on one of the many couches.

"First is against Christian, then Cena, then DiBiase," Chloe muttered.

"Do you win?" He grinned.

She rolled her eyes, "It's a surprise."

The time came when Dave had to go escort Otunga out to the ramp for the younger man's match with John Cena. Much to Dave's disdain of course. He rather despised Otunga after his dumbass mistake of hitting Chloe.

She sighed, laying back on the couch. Her matches were right before Randy and Dave had theirs. Christian walked into the room and sat beside her, draping his arm over her shoulder. His anger couldn't even be described in words. He wanted to decapitate Vince for forcing him to fight his best friend while in her current physical state.

Soon enough, Chloe found herself walking slowly down the ramp. She wasn't supposed to know who her opponents were yet and she had to act surprised when Christian walked out. Though, the look of pure agony on her face when his entrance music began playing was nothing short of real. She closed her eyes tightly, leaning against the turnbuckle as he climbed into the ring. Normally, none of the Superstars would turn their back on Chloe. Christian obviously didn't feel any danger being in the ring with her at the moment.

He grabbed a mic and turned to her as his music turned off, "I don't want to do this Chloe, but I'm not going to hold back."

Chloe waved for a mic, holding it up once they'd given her one, "Stop talking and beat the crap out of me like Vince wants."

Both gave their mics up without another word. Chloe slid into the middle of the ring, handing her trademark necklace to the ref before wrapping one arm around her stomach and putting the other out to her side. Christian moved to stand before her, both his arms out as he watched her cautiously.

"How amazing would it be if Chloe managed to pull out a win here tonight?"

"Even if she wins this match against Christian, she'll just go on to immediately fight another superstar, and no offense to Chloe, but she's not in any shape to fight any of these guys tonight."

"This is not her idea of a good time, that's for sure King."

"What is her idea of a good time?"

"Chloe's idea of a good time?" Cole grinned, "Bullets, Blood, and Dark Red Wine, King."

The bell rang and Chloe instantly dropped to the mat, causing Christian to get caught up in the ropes when he tried to lunge at her. Pain rattled through her, but she forced herself to roll as he slammed his foot down where her stomach had once been. Chloe tried to use the ropes to pull herself up, but only managed to get caught by Christian.

"She's in trouble. The Falcon is just not up to this."

Chloe threw her elbow back, nailing Christian in the stomach. Taking his off guard moment to her advantage, she super kicked him in the throat, landing painfully on her side. Christian fell to the mat, choking slightly. Chloe had barely made it to her feet when she stumbled and fell, landing with her elbow in Christian's stomach. He cried out in pain, shoving her off him.

"Fuck," She hissed, the force of his shove causing her back to slam against the turnbuckle.

Using the very little energy she had, Chloe pulled herself to the top rope, taking a breather. When she'd caught her breath, she struggled to her feet and forced herself to balance on the top rope. Christian was still on the mat, holding his stomach while having trouble breathing. Chloe was thankful her super kick had connected, otherwise she had no chance.

"Oh man, is Chloe really going for the Falcon Shooter?!"

A shout fell from her lips as she jumped off the turnbuckle, flipping twice in the air before landing on Christian with her knees bent, one on his neck and the other at the juncture between his ribs. Pain ripped throughout her entire body and she gasped, collapsing on top of Christian. The ref obviously thought she was going for a cover and began counting. Much to the shock of everyone, Christian didn't kick out.

Chloe rolled off of him, writhing in agony and holding her stomach. Christian slithered out of the ring, limping up the ramp remorsefully. He knew that the Falcon Shooter had probably rattled Chloe's stomach when she made impact. Once backstage, he nodded over to John Cena, who nodded at him sadly.

Out in the ring, Chloe just barely managed to make it to her feet with the help of the rope. Tears were collecting in her eyes, but she fought to keep them from falling. The nearly unbearable pain she was in was close to making her pass out. When John's music began playing, she allowed herself to sink to her knees, holding her face in her hands.

"Oh God, just look at Chloe. I don't even know if she can get up."

Chloe felt the ring shake as John climbed in. He very carefully grabbed her wrists and helped her to her feet, walking her into the middle of the ring. When he was sure she wasn't going to collapse into herself again, John stepped away, staying close but standing a few feet in front of her. The ref asked Chloe if she wanted to forfeit, but she refused, motioning for him to start the match.

"She's a strong willed person, I'm going to give her that, Cole. But there's a fine line between strong willed and stubborn and I think Chloe has crossed that."

"There's also a fine line between genius and stupidity, you crossed that years ago, King."

Making a mental note to thank Cole for the joke after the show, Chloe steeled herself as the bell rang. She instantly shot back against the ropes, crouching and hunching her shoulders. Nerves filled her body when she didn't feel him make impact with her upper back like planned. But when Chloe's eyes landed on John, he hadn't moved from his original spot.

She couldn't help but cringe when he did move. Though it was in vain, as he moved backward towards the ropes behind him. The crowd was obviously just as confused as Chloe. According to the plan, John was supposed to nearly defeat her after a few clotheslines but she managed a hit that stunned him long enough for her to get the three count.

John slipped between the ropes and stood on the edge of the ring, ignoring the official that was telling him to get back in the ring. Chloe struggled to her feet, holding her stomach gingerly as she stumbled over to John, realizing what he was doing. To the shock to the entire audience, Chloe waited for the ten count before swiftly throwing her arms around him, hugging the life out of the taller man.

After a moment, John pulled away and steadied her against the ropes, grabbing a mic and smiling at her, "Consider this pay back for you saving me last week, Ms. Chloe. You don't deserve this; Vince McMahon is just a scheming very-bad-word."

Chloe managed to crack a smile and nodded, tilting the mic in his hand, "I owe you one, Cena."

He laughed a bit and jumped down from the ring, handing the mic off before heading up the ramp and back stage. Everyone seemed shock at her sudden display of affection. She couldn't imagine what they would do after her last fight. Chloe leaned heavily against the ropes, holding her stomach and breathing deeply through her nose. The only one left was Ted DiBiase. If all went according to plan, Chloe wouldn't have to do all that much. Legacy's music began to play and she dipped her head, causing her hair to fall into her face.

"This reminds me of when Dave Batistia, Chloe's older brother, hosted Raw one night. Except he made Randy Orton go through a gauntlet match. Ironically, Swagger allowed Orton to win. I bet he wished he hadn't now."

"Swagger probably realizes what a mistake he made there."

Short pants of breath came from her lungs as Chloe flipped her hair back, forcing herself to stand up straight and walk to the middle of the ring. Ted stood across from her, frowning slightly to make sure she was really alright. She raised her heel off the mat slightly, silently communicating that she was fine.

"I'm in pain for Chloe. I just wish she would give up. There's not much more her body can take."

"Especially after that punch from Otunga last Tuesday. You can't see it now, but her entire stomach is literally black and blue. She's not even supposed to be standing up, let alone wrestling."

"One punch did that much damage, Cole?"

"Yes. Otunga nearly ruptured one of her organs."

The bell rung and Ted slowly began circling Chloe. She continued to face forward, using the bouncing of the ring to pinpoint his location. Her stomach screamed in agony as she shot her leg out backwards, kicking Ted in the stomach and falling forward on her hands. He grabbed her ankle before she could flip over her hands though, and twisted it. She shrieked, her body flipping. Chloe landed roughly on her back. Ted went to stomp on her stomach and as planned she screamed in agony, rolling onto her stomach and curling in a ball.

He allowed her to sit up before quickly jumping and kicking the back of her head. Chloe went face down onto the mat with a groan, feeling him drop down on her back for a seated senton. Pain shot through her body as Ted moved away, probably walking to the turnbuckle to gloat. The official was instantly on his knees next to Chloe, his back to Ted.

That was when Orton ran down the ramp, sliding into the ring and preforming an RKO on Ted before the official could see. When the ref started to turn, Chloe grabbed his shirt and cried out loudly arching her back off the mat, giving Orton time to punt Ted in the head before slipping out of the ring. Ted rolled over just behind the official, who quickly stood, confused as to what was happened. Chloe dragged herself over to Ted and covered him the best that she could, managing to get a three count.

A cry of relief left her lips when it was over and she was named the winner of the gauntlet matches. She forced herself off of Ted and crawled to the ropes, getting to her knees and flipping her hair back. Her vision was blurry as she looked around, raising one of her hands in a wing, using the other to keep herself up right. A pair of arms wrapped carefully around her middle, and as planned, Chloe quickly thrashed out of Randy's hold, rolling under the bottom rope and landing roughly on the ground.

"Oh man, what does the Viper have in mind now!?"

"I was hoping he was just out here to beat on Ted, Cole. But he's got his eyes set on Chloe right now."

Pain and agony rattled her body and Chloe cried out, holding her stomach, scooting back against the barricade as Randy slipped out of the ring. He glanced around the arena, hearing all of the fans screaming for him to leave her alone. He held back his grin of amusement; if only they knew what was coming next. He held his hands out in front of him in a non threatening manner, kneeling in front of her on one knee.

"What is Randy Orton doing?"

"It almost looks like he's trying to help her, but I'm not sure if I would trust him."

Randy inched forward a bit more and carefully slipped his arms under her knees and behind her back, lifting her up gently. He stood, walking around to the stairs and getting back up to the ring. Chloe groaned slightly as he set her on her feet inside of the ring, clinging to the turnbuckle to keep from collapsing. Randy climbed in after her and walked her to the middle of the ring, motioning for a mic.

"Your winner," he said, his deep voice echoing throughout the arena, "Chloe 'The Falcon' Batista."

She allowed him to lift her arm up and screams erupted from the crowds of fans. Chloe laughed dryly bending over to clutch her stomach with her other arm, breathing deeply through her nose. Randy dropped the mic and carefully wrapped his arms around her waist, turning her to face him, their chests pressed together. Chloe made her eyes go wide, her lips parting in question as his hand went up to her cheek.

"Oh. My. God."

Randy's lips pressed against hers, moving a little forward until his body nearly covered hers. In an effort to make it look like they were still kissing, Chloe tilted her head in a way that caused her brown hair to make a curtain around their faces.

"Don't laugh," She hissed with a grin, "It'll make your shoulders shake."

"I can't help it," He snickered, "Their reactions are hilarious."

"Okay, compose yourself," Chloe took a deep breath, before attaching their lips again.

Randy pulled away slowly, pushing her hair behind her ears in a gentle, almost loving way that had the entire WWE universe on their feet in shock. Keeping his eyes on her, Randy reached down with one and and picked up the microphone he'd dropped, holding Chloe's waist with his other, obviously worried by her slight sway.

When he stood back up, he pulled her close once again, "Are you alright Chloe?"

"No," She stated dryly into his microphone, "DiBiase must've kicked me in the head a bit harder than I thought. I'm hallucinating."

"Do you see the look on Randy's face? He looks almost... amused."

"He often looks amused, King. He just doesn't usually look amused over anything that doesn't involve the pain of others."

Randy chuckled in a dark manner, staying in his dark Viper character and gently ran his finger tips over her chin, "Let's go get your pretty head checked out then, shall we?"
♠ ♠ ♠
ring attire.
I'm currently looking for two side characters for this story. First come, first serve (:
Thanks for the fabulous feed-back. And yes, this is where things turn down the Viper road.
I'm a comment whore though, so make sure you comment, comment, comment!