New in Town

Chapter 3

I woke up bright and early the next day because I knew the moving truck would be here and I still need to buy things from the store. I quickly got dressed for the day and made my way downstairs to the kitchen. I opened the fridge to realize that I had yet to be grocery shopping and I had absolutely no food in the house. I sighed and decided to try and find a place in town to eat. I grabbed my purse and hopped into the rental vehicle and drove into the town of La Push. Driving through La Push made me realize the beauty of the place. It was all so green and fresh. I passed a beach with many people. I noticed a rather large group of males, all horsing around together.
I finally found a little diner, and it was thankfully open for breakfast. I walked and a sweet lady told me that I could sit wherever I want to, I had decided on the stools at the counter so I was taking up a table by myself. I sat and looked at the menu. Looking at all the options I had realized how hungry I actually was.
“What can I get you dear? A coffee to start?” asked the lady, who I found out was named Linda.
“No thank you ma'am, I would like a cup of hot chocolate though and the belgium waffle with strawberries and whipped cream,” I replied.
I patiently waited for my order to be ready. While waiting I looked around at all the people here and realized that some of them were staring at me. I guess my pale skin didn’t exactly blend in well here, it’s also a small town where no doubt everyone knew each other.
“Here you go dear, enjoy” Linda said dropping off my food.
“Thank you so much, I have a feeling I’m going to love it.” I quickly indulged in my meal, listening to the conversations going on around me. Everyone seemed genuinely happy. I was just taking my last sip of my hot chocolate when I heard the door to the diner open. I looked behind me to see the group of guys I saw at the beach. The diner was all of a sudden filled with laughter.
“Thank you for the meal Linda, it was wonderful. I will definitely be back” I stated paying for the bill. On my way out I noticed some of the guys noticed me and were staring.

(At the table with the pack)

“Thank you for the meal Linda, it was wonderful. I will definitely be back.” The voice sounded like the one of a blood sucker. But not as sickly sweet, it was almost angelic like.
Paul, Embry, Jared, and Quil were the only ones to noticed the mystery girl. They knew it couldn’t be a vampire because they would have smelled her. The four males all made eye contact, knowing what each one was thinking. They needed to talk to Sam when they got back.

Hayden P.O.V

There was something about the group of guys at the diner that made me really curious. I couldn’t quite put my finger on what it was, but they just didn’t seem human to me. I shook the thought out of my head, it’s not the ten. There were only five of them. I quickly made it home to find the moving truck parked in the driveway. I quickly got out of the car and met the men at my front door.
“I’m sorry I wasn’t here, I just got here and I had no food in the house...” I rambled on.
“We have been here for 10 min-” the man finally looked up from the papers he was writing on. “Oh, it’s okay miss not a worry.”
His mood seemed to instantly change when he saw me. I guess being what I am does have it perks sometimes I thought shrugging my shoulders. I walked with the men to the truck and told them where to put my belongings.