Status: Not Active

Fake It

Needs

As I arrived to the place where the photo shoot would take place, I realized where I was. I was at Quercus & Co. One of the leading entertainment companies in the industry. I guess this is why Mom was in such a rush to get here.

“We’re here, miss,” Ahmir, our personal driver announced to Mom, in a quiet voice.

“Thank you, Ahmir. Please wait for us outside,” Mom replied coldly getting out of the car, walking towards the big doors.

“Thank you very much, Ahmir. You don’t have to wait for us or anything in the next hour. Please go do whatever you need to do in the time being,” I told him. He turned around and smiled softly. I got off the car and followed Mom.

I heard an excited shriek and I heard feet running up to me. I turned around and a couple of girls, maybe younger then me by a year or so looked at me in awe. I faked a delicate smile.

“Oh my gosh! It’s Alanna! Is it true that you’re dating Josh?” One of the girls rushed quickly at me.

I laughed softly, “It’s not true, girls. Josh is like the brother I never had. We’re very close, and I love him dearly. He’s like a big teddy bear,” I joked.

“Aw! Can you please sign our t-shirts?” The other girl asked excitedly.

“Of course,” I faked another smile. I signed their t-shirts and took a couple of pictures with them, until the security guard saw them and escorted them out of the building.

“I’m very sorry again, Miss Giordani. But please come with me. Your mother was looking for you,” The security guard nodded towards the direction we would be heading towards.

“Don’t worry about it, Joe,” I reassured after reading his name tag, making sure that he knew I knew his name. That’s the key in the business world. Know everyone and make them feel important.

He looked shocked at me, then a smile broke to his lips.

“This way please,” He motioned with his hand.

We walked a couple of metres, until we arrived at a very big set, with people rushing and preparing for the future photo shoot.

“Alanna, come here,” I heard Mom say in a loud voice. I turned around and she was standing next to a very young man, probably a couple of years older than me. I walked towards her, trying to smile like I usually do. But because of his penetrating hazel eyes, my body wouldn’t listen to me.

“Yes?” I answered Mom.

“This is the man behind the genius. He’s Dylan Hewett. He wanted just a photo shoot, to promote some jewelery, but the president saw some examples and heard you were here and wanted you to shoot a series of music videos with a story line with the company’s new artist for his debut,”

“Oh, nice to meet you, Mr. Hewett and that sounds lovely,” I said faking a happy tone.

“It is, now go to the hair and make-up artist and be here as soon as they are done wit you,” Mom ordered, pointing at where they were waiting for me. I nodded and walked away.

As I arrived to the said hair and make-up artist, I was bombarded with insults.

“You think you can do better than us?” I heard a female voice shout.

“Who do you think you are? You’re not even pretty!” I heard someone else shout. I blinked rapidly and three girls were standing right in front of me.

The one girl at the right, with blue eyes and beautiful blonde hair, and a face so emotionless scared me so much. I had never seen someone show no emotions at all, it was new for me. It scared me deeply.

The girl to the right, with black eyes and hair, her face curious and angry. I couldn’t stop wondering what I had done.

The last girl, in the centre, was so beautiful. Light brown hair, delicately curled and pinned back. Her snow white skin glowed contrasting her penetrating electric green eyes, beautified with dark eye make-up to make them stand out even more.

“Excuse me?” Was all I could manage.

“I cannot accept this. I want to be the leader of this, and you would never be able to do better then me. Like, please... You’re so plain,” The green-eyed girl growled at me.

“I... I don’t have a clue of what you’re referring to, I’m really sorry,” I apologized and walked aside from them, trying to get to the chair with my name on it.

I heard one of the girls scoff. But soon their retrieving steps followed. I sat on the chair with my name on it, and waited for the hair and make-up artist to start.

This has to be better than last time, I want Mom to be happy. I thought to myself.

“Hello,” I heard a delicate voice from behind me. I turned around and a small woman around her early 20s stood there with a delicate smile. She was beautiful. Her sandy blonde hair delicately resting on her shoulders, and her dull green eyes calmly measuring me.

“You must be Alanna, I’m Kim Reseri and I’m your new hair and make-up artist for the new project coming up,” She introduced herself, shaking my hand delicately.

“Nice to meet you, Miss Reseri. I’m Alanna Giordani,” I introduced myself as well.

“Please call me Kim, we’re gonna be around each other a lot, so we might as well drop the formalities,” She laughed.

“Alright, let’s get started,” She clapped and I turned around.

“Do you know what the story line of this new project is?” I asked, scared I’d been to blunt.

“It’s actually a very sad and dramatic story line... When I read it, I cried so much, it was embarrassing,” She softly laughed as she brushed my hair and spraying it with water to undo the waves. “Well, this girl who has been in love with her best friend for so long, gets kissed by him. She’s so happy, she finally gets to be with him.”

“How is that sad?” I curiously asked.

“You’ll find out,” She smiled. “Alright, we’re done with taking all of your make-up, now we’re going to try something with you and see if the director likes it. If he does, then we’ll most likely be using it for the videos. You won’t be doing anything today, because you haven’t been trained properly, so don’t worry about a thing.”

I couldn’t help but to smile at her. She was being so kind, yet forward. She started with my hair, straightening it and leaving in a bit of a flip at the tips, making it look more natural, than fashionable.

“I’m guessing this is an everyday look, so the video won’t require any choreography, right?” I hopefully asked.

“Why, yes,” She smiled at my reflection. My heart fluttered in happiness. That means I wouldn’t be needing too much energy this time.

“Alright, I’ll just put foundation on you, a shade lighter and black eyeliner on the top waterline to make your eyes a bit bigger. A tiny bit of mascara but not too much. Gotta keep it clean. Also, this might be a tad uncomfortable but I need you to lick your lips a lot and let them go dry. The girl has to look really tired and dehydrated. The director will explain everything to you and you’ll meet the guy who you’ll be singing along with. I hear he’s hottie,” I saw her reflection wink.

I faked a laugh. She looked at me oddly and caused me to turn away.

“Um, well, you’re ready!” She exclaimed happily.

“Alright, thank you,” I faked a smile.

“Uh-huh..” I heard her mumble. I walked out of the room towards where Mom said she’d be.

“I’m here,” I announced.

“Ah, finally. Alright, let’s first introduce you to the boy you’ll be singing along with, today you guys will go out and get to know each other, Mr Hewett suggested. He says that’s how he does things and you guys at least need the ‘chemistry’,” Mom said in a rush.

“Alright, who is he?” I asked.

“I’m not sure. But Mr Hewett is coming with him,” Was all she said, and we waited a couple of seconds before we heard footsteps behind us. I was nervous, Mom turned around. I heard her gasp, and I also turned around.

My eyes widen, the air got stuck in my throat, and I couldn’t see or hear anything anyone was saying to me.

The shock and surprise I felt were overwhelming me completely. I couldn’t think straight, and for the first time. I said something without thinking it twice.

“What are you doing here, Nathan?”