Daydream of Summer

Chapter 3: The Other Side

Awaking from slumber, a voice rang out into the dead room. “How are you feeling today?” I groaned and shoved my arm towards my face to conceal the light from my eyes. I mumbled an answer to the doctors question, repeating myself a moment later for the sake of my brain registering the time of day and my surrounding.

“Are you ready for some more tests today? I hope you are feeling much better after yesterday’s lesson was cut short.” I halted in my position and gawked at the doctor.

I found my voice and spoke, “Our lesson was not cut short yesterday.” Our session had been a full hour. She needed to remember her patients better, to stop mixing information in her brain. I was not rude enough to cut any lessons short. I was not able to express my disdain with her mix-up either. As honest as I was in expressing my opinions I never intended to hurt feelings and to kill anyone. Thus my thoughts shall remain as they are.

“What is your name, sweetheart?” I sat at the end of the bed, staring at the doctor. I was Sally Freir and I did not aspire to be woken up this early in the morning. I never had the heart to yell or scream obscenities at another being, especially if they were here to help. In my opinion, I was only here because of a car accident. Yet their opinions was that something else was their focus and they weren't exposing information quickly. I want to know what is wrong with me. Someone tell me.

This was a different doctor than I remember, her brunette hair cascaded down her back, her blue eyes sparkled as wide as the sea with the sun smiling down. Her clothes she wore complemented her chocolate skin; the cream against chocolate. I remember hearing a clanking sound as she walked down the hallway, I gazed at her shoes and saw three-inch heels. They were blue. They matched her eyes. The sea was swallowing me whole as I sank further down, my arms splattering the water into my eyes. I clenched my eyes shut and soon I sprayed water in the face of the person who rescued me. I awoke from the memory to stare back into her eyes. That was not my memory.

“My name is Sally Freir, and I was not rude to you yesterday. You should know that, you have my file and I am not a particularly violent person. Did you not read the file? Is this some sort of test? We ended the session on a positive note, you said I was improving. I never cut you off yesterday.” I now sat in the chair, my back to the window, feeling ultraviolet rays warm my back.

“You don’t remember cutting our meeting short yesterday?” I shook my head, but there was still this nagging feeling that I had been conscious yesterday but in my dream again. In a vivid dream, a distant memory. A cloud resided over yesterday, the yesterday I was not aware of. There was always the off-chance that I would forget a day and have to be reminded what had occurred. I was horrified to be notified of the cursing and rudeness that people keep reminding me about. I remember a girl, a brother to a girl who would speak so fondly of her but she had the mouth of a sailor and never excused her french. She meant each word.

I felt my fingers going numb, and then my breathing shallow out in my chest, gripping onto the chair. My body, at an alarming rate, began to shudder in the wheelchair. I veered over my lap and the asphyxiating feeling in my lungs had emptied out the content of my stomach. Then the violent coughing fit followed, my body ached as my eyes watered. My vision blurred, movement continued on around me as the doorway and people became a blur.

“Could we have a nurse in here, urgently, please!” I saw her movements but they never registered. I heard the panic in her voice, continuing my violent tremble in the chair. I collapsed out of the chair, and onto the floor, where I began to go into shock. Any and every motion became insignificant as pain overrides my system and my mind blanked out. My eyes closed.

I felt the movement, the shifting from the floor to a hospital bed, and then the voices beside me. I could not hear a word being uttered between them; their lips were moving but there was no sound. All I could hear was my heartbeat pounding in my ears. I soon fell unconscious.

“We need to get her under controlled or she will never calm down. Someone notify her parents – she is having a panic attack.” I heard the voices disappearing as I slipped further unconscious. There was not a better time to dream again, to figure out this puzzle life has given me to complete. It's time to see who this screaming, obscenity-obsessed girl is. I had to remember where she was familiar, even if it was something trivial.
♠ ♠ ♠
All right, there is information on Sally Freir and now you have about two-thirds of all the important characters of the story. I love when you're writing a story and you have to search for information on something small but seemingly important - for instance the type of vomiting that I wanted to express in this story was when a person experiences *violent fits of coughing, hiccups, or an asthma attack (info from Wikip).

Of course - if you had read this story before you will understand some of what is going on.