Status: Active. Comments=Love! :)

Yugi vs the Lost Boys

Meet Yami

Previously...

Yugi woke up, his head pounding like a jackhammer. He looked around. He was lying on a bed with sheets draped around it. Everything was dark, and he guessed he was in a cave of some kind.

What happened? he thought. Then it came back to him, and he shivered.

He had been kidnapped by the Lost Boys…


"Every time our eyes meet
This feeling inside me
Is almost more than I can take
Baby when you touch me
I can feel how much you love me
And it just blows me away

I've never been this close to anyone or anything
I can hear your thoughts
I can see your dreams

I don't know how you do what you do
I'm so in love with you, it just keeps getting better
I wanna spend the rest of my life with you by my side
Forever and ever
Every little thing that you do
Baby I'm amazed by you"

--Lonestar, Amazed

The Boys had just finished eating and were heading back to the cave via motorcycles. It was, in their view, a great way to travel. When they stopped outside the cave, David spoke.

"Let's check on Yugi, and then try to drink some of his blood."

Marko and Paul looked at each other.

"David," said Paul, "we just ate already. Besides, I prefer talking with Yugi any night. And that hairstyle of his – I haven't seen anything like that previously." He looked serious as he spoke – an all-time first for him.

"I agree," said Marko. "After all, he is innocent, and he is kind of cool. Plus, we need a little brother in our family."

"Marko's right," said Dwayne. "Yugi sure is one of a kind. He sure is something special, he is."

Yugi lay on the bed for quite some time. Suddenly he pricked up his ears as David, Dwayne, Paul and Marko appeared.

"Hey there, Yugi!" Paul laughed, his chocolate orbs sparkling. Apparently he'd had a good time on the Boardwalk. "How's it going?"

"Fine," Yugi replied.

Marko sensed something was wrong with the teen. "Is something bugging you, Yugi?" he asked.

"No, I'm fine," Yugi insisted.

Then David appeared, his blue eyes gleaming. "That's good," he said, sounding all casual.

Dwayne nodded. "It is," he said, sounding all solemn. His raven hair gleamed in the shadows.

All four of the Boys eyed Yugi hungrily. They hadn't had someone like him for so long. Being vampires, they usually would pick and choose with their prey.

Yugi was scared. What if they drained him of all his blood, and then took his soul away from him? Or worse – what if they took his innocence and converted him into what they were themselves?

He didn't want that. He wanted to remain human. He wanted to stay innocent. But then he remembered something he'd read in a book a few weeks before: Innocence never lasts.

He closed his eyes and his last thought was, Well, I guess there's only one thing to do. There's only one person I'll have to call on.

Then as all four of them bared their fangs and bent to Yugi's throat, an invisible crimson angry aura – the kind only he could see – took over him. He saw red in his vision, and then finally blacked out.

And that's when it happened.

A golden glow surrounded his body. David, Dwayne, Paul and Marko hid their eyes and backed away as the glow continued to brighten. Being vampires, they disliked light in any shape, size, color or form.

For a few moments the cave was as bright as the brightest sun. Finally the glow lessened, and then disappeared altogether.

Then, when David, Paul, Marko and Dwayne were sure it was safe for them to look, they looked over at the place where Yugi was. However, they instead got the shock of the century.

This person looked…like Yugi…but not exactly like him...

His features were sharper, more defined. His body was leaner, a little taller but not much, yet at the same time, somewhat muscled. His hair was wilder, his golden bangs like lightening. His scarlet eyes seemed to hold hypnotic warmth in them.

"You're not Yugi," said David.

The man – if a man he was – simply smiled as he rose into the air and crossed his legs like a monk in meditation. "No, I am not." His crimson eyes gleamed and sparkled with amusement in the darkness. Apparently, as he was able to see in the nighttime, the forms of the four boys were pretty easy to make out.

"Then who the heck are you, man?" asked Paul.

Yami smiled. He had been asked this question dozens of times. Often wanting to keep his identity a secret, he called himself Yugi. But this time he felt that being honest was important.

"I am a creature that man has seen before. I am a man that baffles even the wisest of men. Some have sighed to name me lover. Most call me an immortal. Moreover, some call me a James Bond. Even though I am not a secret agent, I do remind a person of one.

"Finally, I've been called many things through the ages – Pharaoh, Yu-G-Oh – and I'm also called…Yami."

He caught the confused expressions on their faces. Obviously they had never been to Japan or studied Japanese. He had, as he was able to adapt very quickly to his surroundings no matter where he was. It was a part of him.

"It means ‛dark' in Japanese," he explained.

"Really? Japanese?" said David. "I see."

Yami nodded. "I sense you're seeking something very rare...and very important." His smirk became wider. "However, I warn you – tread cautiously. I will not allow any harm to come to the boy whose vessel I share. My Shadow Powers are very powerful."

David and the others nodded in agreement. "We will, uh, Your Majesty," said Paul. Then as though he suddenly realized what he just said, he closed his mouth, waiting for Yami's anger.

But to Paul's and the others' surprise, Yami chuckled.

" ‛Your Majesty'," he said, smiling now. "I haven't heard that one in ages.

"But, hey," he added, "I am royalty."

He then landed catlike on the floor and turned to the entrance of the cave, and then snapped his fingers. Suddenly all four vampires were tied up with magical ropes that, even with their combined vampire strength, they were unable to break.

"What the hey-? I'm stuck!" snapped David angrily.

"Us too!" growled Paul.

"Now," Yami turned to the gang, "I want you to leave Yugi alone. I make it a point to go through with my threats, and what happened just now is a preview of what I'll do to you if you ever come near Yugi again. Got it?"

They nodded. As they had just experienced something completely unnatural – even for them – they learned a good lesson about Yami. They had been warned about him before from the other vampires they had met a few weeks ago.

Never let yourself become a target of Yugi's alter-ego, Yami. His Shadow Powers are pretty strong. If you do, you pay the consequences.

Then Yami snapped his fingers again, and this time, shadows appeared and dragged the Boys down into the earthy floor of the cave.

"Now to find these other vampires," he said as he headed out of the cave. The only sounds outside were the sounds of the Boardwalk, the low winds, and the dark laughter rising in his throat...
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, what do you think?

Feedback is appreciated! :)