You Turn Away From All the Things That I've Been Trying to Say

I'll Never Be Your Perfect Girl

Austin pulls into my driveway and parks behind Morgan's car. The tour ended a few days ago and we just got back to California and Austin drove me home. He looks over at me once were parked,

"Well, here you are," He says.

"Here I am,"

"I had a great time with you,"

"I had a good time too,"

"Good. You'll have to come on tour again," He says.

"Not for awhile though. I have to make up so much time at work,"

"Yeah. I wish you didn't have to work,"

"Me too, baby," I say. I unbuckle my seat belt and start to get out of the truck and he grabs my arm,

"I love you," I pause and smile at him.

"I love you too, Austin," He looks relieved.

"Good," He leans across the console and kisses me. When we pull apart, I get out of the truck and lean into the passenger window.

"Call me later," I open the back passenger door and grab my bags. He backs out of the driveway and I walk up the sidewalk and unlock my front door. When it opens, Morgan is on the other side with a huge smile on her face. I drop my bags and she runs to me and gives me a hug. I hug her back. It feels like forever since I've seen her and I'm not used to it at all.

"Oh my God, I missed you so much!" She says.

"I missed you too, but you're strangling me, babe," She releases me and we walk into the living room and I collapse onto the couch face down. She sits on a chair and looks at me,

"Well, did you have fun?"

"I had a blast,"

"Are you tired? Do you want me to make you something to eat?"

"I'm exhausted, but I'll sleep later. No, I'm not hungry. Austin and I stopped at Denny's on the way here,"

"How is he?"

"He loves me,"

"What?"

"He said that he loves me and I told him that I loved him,"

"Oh my God! Yay!" She squeals and runs over and hugs me again.

We talk and gossip for a few hours, before I almost pass out from exhaustion. So, I go into my bedroom and put on a over sized tee shirt and crawl into my bed. It feels so good to be home and in my own bed and not in a bunk or a hotel bed. I grab my black berry in it's hot pink case, and text Austin a good night message and fall asleep as soon as my head hits the pillow.

When I wake up, I can hear the washer going. Morgan must be doing laundry. I lay in bed and look out at the sunshine pouring into my windows. I hear my phone go off, so I grab it and look at the text message. Austin.

"Good morning, baby," It says.

"Good morning, love," I text back.

"I still love you," I smile and type back,

"I love you too,"

I get out of bed and open my bedroom door and see Morgan folding clothes on the dryer. She smiles at me.

"Hey,"

"Hey, what are you doing?"

"Doing your laundry,"

"I could do that,"

"It's OK. I figured you were tired and this was the last thing you would want to do," She says.

"Thank you, babe," I move past her and go into the kitchen and get a breakfast bar from the cupboard and sit on the couch and watch the news. The doorbell rings, so I get up and walk over to the door. When I open the door, Austin rushes at me and grabs my waist, lifting me into the air. I laugh and wrap my legs around his waist. He kisses my lips a bunch of times and I run my hands through his hair.

"I missed you so much last night," He says into my hair.

"How could you miss me? I thought you'd be tired of me,"

"I could never be tired of you, baby," He looks me over.

"What are you still doing in your pajamas?"

"I just got up when you texted me," I say. Morgan walks into the living room.

"Hey Austin," She says.

"Hey honey, how are you?"

"Good," She sits on the couch. He looks back at me.

"How about breakfast?"

"Sounds good to me,"

"Morgan, do you want to get breakfast with us?" Austin asks her.

"I wouldn't want to intrude on your couple time,"

"We've had so much couple time the last few weeks, we need family time, darlin'," He says.

"OK, fine," He puts me down on my feet.

"I have to go get dressed. I'll be right back," I say and turn to go to my bedroom. About fifteen minutes later, I put my hair into a bun and walk out to the living room. Austin is standing by the door and Morgan is on her phone.

"Who is it?" I ask her.

"Mama. I told her we were going out to breakfast,"

"She probably wants you to check up on me," Austin says, smiling.

"Nah, she's very trusting of my boyfriends," I tease. I grab my purse and take his hand and we all walk out of the house. I get in the drivers seat of Austin's truck and he offers Morgan the passenger seat, but she declines. Most of the time, when I drive with Austin, I drive because of his license suspension. Morgan grabs a CD out of her purse and we force Austin to listen to Stevie Nicks the whole drive to the restaurant. He pretends to be miserable, but I can tell he likes the music and he likes hanging out with my sister and I.

When we get to the restaurant, we all get out of the truck and Austin and I hold hands on the way in. The hostess seats us and Austin and Morgan order orange juice. I order chocolate milk because I don't like orange juice. Morgan and I do most of the talking, but Austin doesn't seem to mind. He laughs at our stories and inside jokes. He seems to be perfectly at ease sitting at a table with two women and being the only man. Most men are threatened by Morgan and I being so close, but he's not bothered by it at all, which is nice. We eat and talk for almost two hours and then Austin pays the tab and we leave. When we get back to the house, Morgan goes right in the house, but Austin and I stay outside and kiss on the sidewalk. He holds our hands parallel with my shoulders as we kiss.

"I love you," I say.

"I love you too, baby," I watch him drive off and then I walk into the house. As soon as I get in, a pillow is launched at my head. I catch it and throw it back at my sister.

"What was that for?"

"You and your boyfriend are so sickening!"

"At least I have a boyfriend, you jealous slhore-bag," I joke.

"That hurts, it really does. When I turn around, you can pull the knife out of my back," I laugh.
♠ ♠ ♠
I like this chapter, even though it's just a filler. Title credit is Pink-Runaway

My breakfast outfit