Status: We're still working on it.

I Hold On

You're Crashing, But You're No Wave

Please. I can’t believe she’s done this on me. Is this old woman actually serious? I fumble with my phone again, her phone must be off.
“Van, is there something wrong?” Stuart smirked.
“Uh, no one’s in…and I‘ve tried phoning her and nothing,” I said, biting my lip.
“Come back to mine then” he said.
“I-I have work tomorrow, remember, I’ve gotta go this time” I laughed nervously. The thing was, could I really trust myself?
“Just get in” I nodded and climbed back in the car.
“My apartment is just a few roads from here, I’ll drive you to town tomorrow ‘cause most buses don’t go up there” Stuart told me, I nodded my head and leaned it against the window.

The car pulled up to a well kept building. It seemed he had money, or someone did. I got out and followed him up the many steps leading to the apartment door.
“Don’t worry, I live alone,” he pulled me into his living room which was joint with his kitchen. There was a long, white leather sofa, a large widescreen T.V and a glass table. The kitchen was gleaming and modern.
“Sit” ordered Stuart, “I can give you some old clothes for tomorrow. There’s a spare bedroom connected to mine and the bathroom is just across the hall.”
“Yeah, that’s fine-” I stopped talking when I felt my phone start to buzz. I smiled and held up my phone to Stuart who nodded.
“Hello?” I half whispered into the speaker, walking up and down Stuart’s hallway.
“Vander! Where in the deep pits of hell are you?!” I heard my mother’s voice squeak through the phone.
“I’m in a friend’s house! Where did you go?!” I answered back.
“I went out for a while, I thought you had a damn key! Just make sure you get to work tomorrow, okay Vander?” My mother’s voice suddenly got softer, I don’t understand women. I step back into the living room and sit beside Stuart.
“Oh and dear, remember use protection and I don’t want any stains on your clothes that I have to wash off! Bye honey!” Mother shouted, I could almost hear her smile. I sat my phone down in an almost robotic fashion. I bite my lip, it’s becoming a habit and hoped Stuart didn’t hear that or I swear I’ll die of embarrassment.
“Well, ah, she’s quite the woman…” Stuart coughed. I hid my head in my hands. “Oh God. I’m so sorry, she’s just…just that” I half heartily laughed.

*
I buried my face into a cushion, sprawled out on the sofa. Stuart can make one hell of an Irish coffee. I sat up and looked at my watch.
“Are you fucking serious? It’s two o’clock. I’ve to get up in seven hours!” I whined, looking over at Stuart, who was sitting on the floor with his back leaning against the sofa.
“We should get off then!” Stuart yawned, I nodded and made my way into the spare room, glancing into Stuart’s room on the way. Nice. A dark maroon colour with silk bed sheets with dark wooded floors and beautifully carved dresser and wardrobe. You wouldn’t half know this guy likes it up the ass. I snicker and throw myself onto my bed for the night.
“Mmmhh” I moan, squeezing the bed sheets.
“Haha, you like it then?” said Stuart. I blushed slightly. I felt the bed go down under more weight being added to it. Stuart was leaning over me with a smirk on his face.
“Goodnight,” he said, kissing my cheek and moving off me into his room. I mumbled to myself, got under the covers, set my alarm and went to sleep. Hoping I will wake up tomorrow, very much not raped by Stuart.

*
I peak threw my eyelids, the sun from the window was shining right on my face. I’ve woken up early for some ungodly absurd reason. My alarm hasn’t even went off and Stuart isn’t up (and I have not been raped).
I slowly make my way into the kitchen. I’m freaking starving! I raid the cupboard quietly until I can find cereal and a bowl.
“Where’s the fucking spoons?!” I curse, ripping open the drawers. I make a squeal when I find them and eagerly eat breakfast. Jumping in fright when I hear noises, I realise it’s my alarm finally going off. I dump my bowl in the sink and rush into my nightly room. Shit. Stuart has the clothes.
I tip toe into his room, it was dark; the curtains were shut.
“Stuart” I whispered, “Stuart,"
He was letting out little snores and wasn’t showing any sign of waking.
“Stuart!” I shouted, smacking him in the face. He sat bolt up right, I pressed my hand against my mouth.
“Sorry” I tried to muffle my laugh. “I need clothes, I’ve got to be getting to work soon.”
Stuart nodded, still in a daze and groggily made his way to his wardrobe. He pulled out a grey and pink shirt.
“Will this do?” he asked, rubbing his eyes. I nodded and took it from him. I burst out laughing at his state and walked away.

*
“Jesus Christ Vander, you were up before me and you’re still getting ready, hurry up,” Stuart commanded, swinging his car keys with his fingers. I bustled about making sure my hair was okay and I didn’t look to clean but not to scruffy. They have to have the idea I was sick, don’t they. I chugged the rest of the coffee on the table and ran out the door behind Stuart.

“Are you okay?” Stuart asked me for the three hundredth time whilst sitting in the car. I nodded and continued to tap my fingers against the dash board.
“I’m just nervous. I saw Lyric last night, at the gig, I haven’t seen him in weeks and I think he’s getting the wrong impression of me, I want to be his friend, I do but oh god it’s all going wrong. He likes me Stuart, likes me. Nothing is going to stop a fourteen year old boy having a gay crush,” I whined, smacking my face in the process.
“Look…I could, come in with you? We can make up some excuse about you being sick and don’t feel confident enough on your own” Stuart said, trying to keep his eyes on the road. We were just coming into the town.
“That’s just about the worst excuse I’ve ever heard! But…okay,” I murmured.
♠ ♠ ♠
Why hello!
I know, this was all sorta bleh. But don't eat my narwhal!

Oh and for those that don't know what an Irish coffee is (you fail) but it's coffee (...whoa) and whiskey! Basically anyway.