Veiled

Hide the truth in between the lies

The next few days passed blissfully rose coloured. The best days of my life: Oscar’s arms snaking round me as I paused to admire a rose, the others teasing us as we walked hand in hand. His sweet smell stuck to my clothes and I often found flowers stuck in the ties of my apron, or dress. He made me laugh, I was so happy, but it couldn’t of lasted.
She turned up after fourteen days of Oscar and mine’s courtship. For the first time since she had started haunted she’d let emotion creep onto her features. She was not dressed in finery, that scared me more than anything. She was dressed in a white dress, it was a creased and crumpled night dress, her feet were bare. Her hair tumbled down her shoulders and her face was tear stained. She looked savage and terrifying.
“Did you dress yourself?” I asked, mocking her dangerously.
“Shut up.” She snapped. “It would do you well not to speak.” She drew herself up to her full height. She walked towards me slowly, even in the badly fitting dress she still looked like a royal daughter.
Marie stopped in front of me, the tips of our toes were bare inches apart, her breath fell warm on my cheek.
She narrowed her eyes like a cat and grabbed my left forearm. “I can wreck your life like this.” She clicked to emphasize her point. “I can cause you to lose everything, everyone. So if you want to live happily just stop.”
Even though what she said was fully intended to be a threat I couldn’t help but hear a note of pleading in her voice. What was she trying to warn me off? What secret could she possibly want to hide that much?
“I can’t.” I said simply. “It’s all I have left.”
She hissed again. “What about Oscar?”
I went cold. “What about him?”
Seeing the reaction that she had gotten from me, Marie smiled slowly. “Is he of no value to you?”
I shook my head, “He is everything.”
Her smile dropped. “Then settle for him you stupid girl.”
Before I could reply she disappeared leaving nothing but the ghostly feeling of pressure on my arm.
♠ ♠ ♠
Right I am majorly pissed of.
This story has been reported, for spelling/ grammar mistakes and Paragraphing.
and would someone please like to explain to me what this means
Your paragraphs/dialogue aren't double-spaced, and the beats and tags in your dialogue are mixed up/missing
I am really annoyed, come on people use the report button sensilbly. The comment box is for feedback like that
Not the report button.
I expected the perfect writters who report people haven't dealt with how it feels to have a story reported but it sucks. Seeing as it kind of feels as if all the hard work put in means nothing. I am somewhat losing the will to write for this site
Use the report button for Plaugerism and for Personal Attacks.
Don't report people for minor mistakes, as I said the comment is there for COMMENTS

PS after reading Mibba's rediculously long list of rules I realise this note may break the rules, please don't report me for it. I am mearly explaing that I respong much better to constructive critism in the comments box, then to being reported.

I still love everybody