Status: Now an Original Fiction.

Of Moons, Birds, and Monsters

029

"Awe, now isn't this cute?" Mason cooed.

"Go away," Luke angrily grumbled, throwing the blankets over both of our faces.

I kept my eyes closed and my face buried in Luke's chest like a pillow. I was trying my best to go back to sleep, but Mason and his constant speech was making it impossible.

"No, no! I want to know what happened!" Mason demanded, ripping the blankets off of us. "She's not even supposed to be here, Bro!"

"I asked her to stay over because Jack was at Izzy's. We made out, Jack interrupted us and wouldn't leave for an hour," Luke explained in a rush, and yanked the blankets back over our heads. "Anything else you want to know, you'll have to ask me later. I'm too tired to talk."

Mason started hysterically, making both Luke and I wince. I ran my hand up and down his chest in order to calm him down. The longer Mason was around, the more Luke started growling.

"Did anything else happen?" Mason asked in a squeak.

"We're going on a date tomorrow," Luke muttered.

"Realize you like her yet?" Mason questioned with a smile in his voice.

"No," Luke snapped.

"Would you let Kelsey Cook in here like that?" Mason asked.

"Hell no," Luke grumbled.

"You like Rizzle," Mason sang, completely unconvinced. "So is Jack here or not? I need to talk to him about some stuff."

"He's still at Izzy's," I answered loudly with closed eyes. I wanted Mason to shut up and leave just as much as Luke did. He wouldn't stop talking and neither I or Luke were ready to get up yet.

"Damn," Mason mumbled. "I'll have to catch you cats on the flip. I need to find Jack."

"Bye," Luke grunted.

"So sorry to intrude on the happy couple,” Mason snickered before shutting the bedroom door.

Luke let out a long sigh of relief and pulled the sheet off of our faces.

"God damn it," Luke spat. "It's 8:30."

"Mason is an asshole," I whined, hugging Luke tighter as if it helped me go back to sleep.

"Do you want to just get up?" he asked.

"No," I snorted. I was way too tired. Saturday was my recovery day. I worked all week and went to school. I needed some time to myself. I was tired enough to go back to sleep if only Luke stayed with me. It would be weird to sleep in his bed in his room in his house without him.

Luke hummed an 'Okay' and settled back down with his arms around me. He seemed to have fallen asleep rather quickly, but I started poking his freckles that were spaced out on his chest.

"You've got funny nipples," I noted.

"No, I don't," Luke playfully scoffed, covering his chest with his free hand.

"Yes, you do! They're tiny!" I laughed, twisting one.

He flinched, and smacked my hand away.

"Don't touch them," he sleepily laughed, wiggling his legs.

Instinctively, I twisted it again. Instead of pushing my hand away, he crawled on top of me and just laid right over my body.

"Why must you always end up being on top of me?" I asked, moving his hair out of my face.

"Because I like being on top of you," he whispered, his face buried in my neck.

"That's great, because I love being crushed underneath you," I mumbled sarcastically.

"This is starting to sound really dirty," he laughed.

"You started it," I reminded him.

"We are not going to get any sleep," he sighed, his breath tickling my neck.

"Shut up and try," I commanded, lightly running my hand up his back.

It took us both a while to settle back down and fall asleep. I had grown somewhat accustomed to Luke crushing my ribs and lungs with his body weight. It was actually quite comfortable. It was definitely warm. The only complaint was that when he sneezes, my ear and neck gets slimed. But that has only happened twice since we started sleeping like this. The arrangement was no longer awkward, except when he was really knocked out and used my boobs as a pillow.

I was soundly asleep before I was rudely interrupted by the door being busted opened.

“Get up,” Jack demanded, roughly slapping Luke’s back. “Let’s go."

“God damn it!” Luke exclaimed through gritted teeth. “I can’t even sleep in my own damn house, in my own damn room past nine?!”

“No,” Jack bluntly stated, slapping Luke’s back again. “Get out. The both of you. I don’t care where you go, but you have to leave.”

“Why?” Luke muttered, climbing off of me and walking towards his closet.

“I need to talk to Mason. Business deals and such,” Jack answered, sitting on his own bed and Mason taking a spot next to him. “Like I said, you can go to her house for all I care, just get out.”

“I heard you,” Luke snarled, pulling on a pair of pants. “When can I be back?”

“I don’t fucking know. In a while,” Jack shrugged. He pulled a few bucks out of his pocket and threw it at Luke. “Go catch a movie or something. Go get you a new jacket, buy a hat, I don’t fucking care.”

“Damn, can’t I brush my teeth first?” Luke asked, putting on a shirt.

“Hurry up!” Jack rushed, motioning Luke to run to the bathroom.

While Luke disappeared into the bathroom, I straightened up my ponytail, and put on my shoes. Jack and Mason were just staring at me with raised eyebrows and side twisted lips.

"What?" I asked rudely, flattening the wrinkles in my shirt.

"You and Squid are going out tomorrow?" Jack asked pulling out a wad of receipts from his jacket pocket.

"Yeah. It's a trial date, though. Nothing serious," I answered, still fixing my clothes so it didn't look like I just rolled out of bed. Even though that was the case.

"You really can't be that dumb?" Jack asked more than stated.

"Excuse me?" I returned, folding my arms.

"Oh, Rizzle,” Mason sighed, shaking his head at me. "He's just playing it safe. He says it's a test run, but it's not. He just doesn't want to fuck up, and if he does, he can play it off as 'oh, this is just a fake date."

"No, It's not like that," I argued. "He is planning to ask out this girl at school that he really likes."

"What's her name?" Mason asked with a raised eyebrow.

"I promised him I wouldn't tell you," I lied. "He doesn't want anyone to know until he lands himself a girlfriend. Saves him some face."

Mason slowly nodded while Jack shook his head and continued to unfold his massive wad of receipts. Mason seemed convinced, but Jack wasn't. I, on the other hand, knew that there was a large possibility Mason was right. It made perfect sense, but I shouldn't jump to conclusions or flatter myself.

"Hey, Riley," Luke said, peeking his head through the bedroom door. "Want to move that date to right now?"

Mason smirked and shook his head. Jack just kept his attention on his paper stack, silently adding up the numbers on the bottom.

"Uhm, sure," I answered, walking towards the door to leave. "I just have to go to my house first."
♠ ♠ ♠
I know I said I wouldn't update for a week, but I typed up this chapter on my iPod and hacked into the neighbors' internet. So, I might get out a few more updates of this.

LEAVE IT LOVE!<3