Espionage

Chapter Thirteen: Epilogue

The bright light that surrounded me started to fade. Color took a hold of my vision as I looked around. A landscape only seen in a painting was set before me. I stood on a single dirt road, the ground a beautiful beige. Green, luscious grass went as far as my eyes could see. Large, golden sunflowers stood at over five feet tall on the opposite side of the road. The breeze made them sway beautifully. I looked to the sky; alabaster, wispy clouds floated across the bright blue sky.

I turned around, getting a three-hundred and sixty degree view of paradise. Mountains sat behind me, glowing miraculously in the sun. Hills rose and fell throughout the land, taking the grass and sunflowers with them. The road wound around the hills and through thick trees, never ending.

My legs started moving, carrying me down the dirt road to an unknown destination. I didn't understand why I felt so familiar on the road, but I did. My white sundress blew lightly in the breeze, comforting me in any way it could. The wind whipped my natural blonde locks around my head.

I walked for what seemed like eternity, yet like no time was wasted. A house became visible in the distance. It was a large two story home with a red door and pitched roof. A large porch wrapped around the house's entrance, enclosing it in shade. It was beautiful to say the least. Something drew me to it. I didn't know why, but I felt like I belonged there. Laughter sounded as I got closer, a child's laughter.

The road led to the front of the house, stopping just before the front steps. The laughter got louder. Curiously, I stepped over to the side where a man and little boy were spinning around under a gigantic weeping willow. The size of it almost seemed unreal. A small pond was behind it, giving the setting an unimaginable feel. The boy giggled as the man held him and spun, looking at the sky through the branches. They continued their play until lively, dark brown eyes landed on me. The man put the boy down, letting me get a good look at him. He was an almost exact replica of the man, with black, shiny hair, dark brown eyes and the perfect smile. What was odd, was that I could see myself in him.

The man started walking forward, a large grin attached to his face. My legs instinctively started in his direction, slowly, as if I had all the time in the world. Once he was a few feet away from me, he held his arms out wide, letting me fall into them. My arms wrapped themselves around his waist as his went around my shoulders. His scent drifted into my nose, one of my last memories, as we loosened our grips and met each other in a kiss that would set me flying to the moon. His lips were as soft as feathers, floating across my lips. He tasted sweeter than anything I had every imagined. He pulled away and rested his forehead against mine.

"It's time to come home." He said lightly. He wrapped his large arm around my dainty shoulders and started walking towards the house. The boy came running up behind, claiming my left hand in his own. He gave me a bright smile and raced up the steps ahead of us, leaving Donny and I to walk at our own pace. We made it to the top just as the little boy held the door knob. I looked to Donny, his smile was so filled with love and compassion.

"Welcome home, mama." He pushed the door open and light consumed us.
♠ ♠ ♠
Awwww. This is the end. I'm going to miss this story so much :'(.

If anyone is confused, I will gladly clear it up. This is a representation of Lorelei's "heaven". Everything she never got to have (love, a family, etc) is what's waiting for her in the end, where nothing could take it away.

I would love to thank all of my subscribers and readers, especially:
imsoconfuzzeled
Bad Intentions
Lynnie Vicious
KWarhol
LOVEdespitesherx
scurred2Bblurred
and
heyitsbecca.
for all of the glorious comments you left for this story. I hope you all enjoyed this story and will stick around to read what I have coming up next :)

I am, in fact, going to be doing another Basterds story since you all liked this one so much :) What I want to know, is who should be the 'leading man', if you will. It seems like Donny is a prime candidate, and if you all want, I'll make the next one involving him more, if you choose that route. But you have to let me know, otherwise, I'm going to make it about Dieter and there will be nothing you can do about it! Bwahahaha >:D

I wouldn't do that you guys. Just sayin'. <3

I'll narrow it down for you:
-Aldo
-Stiglitz
-Fredrick
-Donny

Those are your choices, now go!