The Aftermath of an ***

Preface

It was hot. It was the hottest sex to ever grace the infinite dimension that is time, and its resolution ended in everything your small mind has come to know and love in the closely limited space in which you exist. It created all that, and everything else. If not for that great cosmic climax, the entire universe and its rather unimportant planet Earth in the Milky Way Galaxy would be nothing but the metaphoric genetic material contained in the reproductive organs of empty space.

Sex and procreation might be graspable concepts even for a being of low intelligence such as yourself. However, your concept of intercourse involves physical beings, with compatible genitals, things that did not exist before the Big Bang. The orgasm of the Cosmos cannot be explained on any of the five senses to which you relate, but it was undoubtedly copulation at its finest.

This will not be the story of the universe's conception, although that story, if you had the capacity to understand it, would surely be far more epic. The sexual encounter which birthed Life itself is, in the tiny sliver of the picture that you will see and concern yourself with, irrelevant. What you are to take from all this is that the worlds are vast, and they are full of insignificant creatures of a caliber of intellect very near your own, also obsessed with trivial things and unable to comprehend the larger picture that they are a part of, the colossal aftermath of the most beautiful orgasm in all of infinity.
♠ ♠ ♠
Confession: I don't really know what the purpose of a preface versus a first chapter is, and somehow I don't think this fulfills it. XD