Status: COMMENTSUBSCRIBE <3 I lurvee you guys. (:

Finding Heaven

twenty

I woke up with a start.

The morning sun lightened the pastel cream-colored dorm room, and I opened my eyes to a new day. I looked at the digital clock beside me, and looked at the time and date. 11:28nn / 25th December.

I sat on my desk and opened the laptop to e-mail my parents.

To: kaithlynroth@yahoo.com
Cc: dktforthsworth09@yahoo.com
Subject: Happy Holidays

Mom and Dad,

Hey. I’m sorry I couldn’t be with you guys for Christmas. I’ll make up to it. Oh, and thank you for sending Joshua over.

I’ll go back home as soon as I get things fixed, I promise.

Thank you guys, for understanding.

I love you both.

- Dakota


~

The lush football and soccer fields were now white and snowy, and I could see some athletes jogging along the pavement as the wintry air blew.

Last night, Alex asked me to go out with him, but I didn’t give him an honest answer.

A pang of guilt and pain stabbed me right into my chest—a stinging, seething, smothering pain stirring inside of me.

OH HELL, DON’T CRY. Crying never did anything.

“Dakota?”

I looked up behind me at the familiar voice.

“Chase,” I said in surprise. “You came back.”

He looked the same as ever with his jade eyes, but his dark hair was a bit longer. For a cold day like today, he was wearing something meant for summer: a striped blue polo, knee-length shorts, and sneaks.

The night we broke up seemed distant and behind us, but I haven’t really given him a hundred percent of forgiveness. I mean, who would like to be lied to?

He sat down next to me.

“Yeah I did, with my step-mom and little sis,” Chase said. “Listen, about what happened before—“

“It’s okay,” I told him. “It’s really okay.”

“Are you sure?”

Okay fine! I forgive him.

“Yes.”

He smiled, “So how are you and Alex? Did he confess to you?”

My eyes fell down at my winter boots as tears filled my eyes.

“D-Did I say something wrong?” he asked worriedly.

I just shook my head.

“He did last night,” I choked. Now the tears were freely falling from my eyes. I tried to hold them back, but it just wouldn’t stop.

I completely broke down into sobs when what had happened replayed—

Because the expression on Alex’s face after I gave him my answer was too much to bear.

~

There she was, crying on a bench near the fields.

With Chase.

It was painful to watch her cry, especially when she was crying in front of a guy she used to like.

So he’s back, huh, Alex thought, struggling to stop himself from rushing towards them and pulling Dakota away from Chase. It took all of his control to stop himself from lunging at him.

Last night, he had told her the feelings he tried his best to hide for so long. He thought it would be okay. He thought his heart would finally reach her.

He thought she loved him back, too.

Alex turned away.

~

“Why?” Chase asked shortly as soon I sobered up. “Why did you reject Alex’s feelings?”

“Because…” I wiped the tears with the back of my hand. “…I love him...too much.”

“I don’t get it.”

“I came here to fix something that someone left broken,” I stared straight into his eyes, hoping that he'll understand. "After that, I'll have to lea—"

“Chase, let’s go,” A woman’s voice suddenly said, cutting me off.

The reason why I came to Fortsworth...

“Annabeth,” he said, standing up and pulling me along. “This is my friend, Dakota.” He turned to me, “This is my step-mom, Annabeth.”

The beautiful woman looked at me with wide, disbelieving eyes.

…was to meet this woman.

“Mom,” I said.
♠ ♠ ♠
Uber late update. Sorry about that guys. You were all happy the previous chapter, and now I had to ruin it for you. I'm a sadist writer, remember?

Don't worry, though, according to a quote, it'll always work out in the end.

If it doesn't work out...

...then it isn't the end yet.


But I dunno. We'll see. I love dramas after all. DRAMA & TRAGEDY = more realistic. HAHAHA. >:))

Comment/Suggest/Subscribe please? That'll help me write the next chapter faster. I love you guys. Thanks for staying with me until the very end.