Status: COMMENTSUBSCRIBE <3 I lurvee you guys. (:

Finding Heaven

twenty two

Image

Dakota sidestory | In the Past

Image

I was seven when my biological father left.

I could vaguely remember my mom crying and telling me she was sorry. She apologized so many times before she asked me to come with her.

And I followed after her.

The orphanage.

I still remember how it looked like—it had a convent-feel in it and it was beside a small church.

Mom left me there.

“I’ll come back soon, so just wait,” she promised.

She never came back.

~

A year later, a young couple found me. With one look, they instantly decided to adopt me.

At that time, I already knew that my mom won’t come back for me ever again, so I didn’t argue. I came home with them.

Their house was large enough for two adults and one kid, and over time, I considered it a home. I’d become their daughter, and I started to act as if I really was their child.

I almost forgot I had a broken family before that.

I was fourteen when I asked them about where I could find my mother. Good thing our church had my mom’s record, and my foster father had great connections.

My mother was now a teacher in an elite university—Fortsworth—and remarried to a rich man who had children.

Each day, I became determined to meet and fix things with her.

Until my father’s best friend, Robert Alden, came the year I turned sixteen, with a proposition: he would help me get into Fortsworth if I help him with his two sons.

My parents were against it, naturally, but they agreed to it anyway.

“After you meet her—“ my dad said. “—you’ll come straight home.”

“We don’t want you to live in the city alone,” Mom put in worriedly. “We can’t watch over you there, so come back as soon as you can.”

“Alright,” I nodded.

And that was it.

~

I didn’t expect to fall in love with Alex.

If I told him that I loved him now, it would make it harder for us to part.

When you love a person, you don't want to drag him into your mess. Sometimes, you have to let him go.
♠ ♠ ♠
SHOULD I CHANGE?