Status: COMMENTSUBSCRIBE <3 I lurvee you guys. (:

Finding Heaven

epilogue

Three months later.

“Have you packed your stuff?” Dad asked.

“Yup.”

“Your ticket?” Mom reminded.

“Yup.”

“Are you going to be all right?” she added.

“Yes, Mom, for the nth time.”

My parents are natural worry-warts. They’ve been asking me, reminding me, telling me that I was a clumsy and forgetful and stuff like that.

Well, parents are like that.

But I’m glad I had them.

“Let’s go. You don’t want to be late, do you?”

I looked at my reflection one last time. Since my hair fell into my eyes, I tied it into a bun. I smiled to myself, feeling excited.

I wonder how they would react. Last night, I’d talked with Alex via chat, but I didn’t tell him I would be back. His expression would be so priceless.

“What are you smirking alone for?” Mom yelled as she walked out the door. “Let’s go, honey!”

“Coming!” I yelled back and followed after her, holding the heart-shaped necklace tightly with my hand.

~

I stepped out of the airport, breathing in the city scent. It wasn’t as fresh as the air back in the countryside, but I sure missed it. I also watched the city lights blinking, bringing life to the darkness of the sky.

I took a cab to Fortsworth dormitories, hoping they were still awake at this time. Sure, it was only eight, but today was a school day for them. They might already be asleep.

I hoped they weren’t.

After an hour, I arrived at the dorm, carrying my luggage with me. I stepped into the entrance, the lobby’s lights seeming to welcome me.

I missed this place. I missed going home to it.

“Ms. Roth?” the woman at the information table called my attention.

I smiled as I rushed towards her, “Ms. Dina!”

“You’re back. How’ve you been?”

“I’m well, thanks,” I answered. “Are the Alden brothers in?”

“Yes, they’ve just come back. Their dad dropped by a while ago.”

Their dad? So they were already in good terms, I see. “I’ll be up in my room. Is it still vacant?”

“Of course. Here’s your key, and welcome back.”

~

I entered my room, the memories starting to play in my head. I missed this. I looked at the balcony, remembering the many things that happened there.

Maybe I should get my revenge on those punks? Cause I’m evil like that, I smirked.

I grabbed the white cloth from my bed and wrapped myself around it. I went out to the balcony, feeling all creepy and stuff, hoping to scare the guts out of those two.

I skipped to their side and covered my head. Good thing it was dark; they wouldn’t be able to see my face, making it a hundred times scarier. I knocked at the glass frame.

A few minutes later, the door frame opened, revealing Max and Alex—who was, Oh hell, shirtless by the way. My heart raced as if it were the first time.

There was an awkward delay before we all screamed from shock.

“Holy shit!” he cursed, his eyes widening. Max scrambled for something inside, probably thinking I was some weird, obsessed stalker.

“You shameless little punk!” I yelled back, hitting him hard with my hands.

That’s when they stopped yelling and moving and I stopped hitting.

“Shameless little punk?” Alex raised a brow.

“I think I only know one person who’d call you that,” Max cut in. “Da—“

I took the bed sheet off to reveal myself, a smile plastered to myself. “Tadaa!” I exclaimed.

Alex looked at me with widened eyes.

“What?"

I practically jumped when he asked, “Who are you?”

“The hell?” I looked at Max questioningly. “Is this guy nuts?”

Max averted his eyes. “You see, Dakota…Alex lost his memories. He got into an accident a week after you left for Ohio.”

No way.

NO FREAKIN’ WAY!

I placed my hands on his shoulders, shaking him, “You moron! You stupid retard! How could you lose your memories just when I came back! You stupid, stupid moron!”

I shook him hard until his brains scattered. Tears started to form around my eyes.

“How could you forget this pendant?” I showed him the necklace he’d given me back then. “YOU IMBECILE! YOU STUPID STUPID—“

That’s when they burst out laughing.

“Epic win!” Max laughed. “That was awesome acting, bro!”

Alex couldn’t help laughing too, making me look like the idiot. “Man, I’m gonna die!”

“Dakow-duh, you should’ve hidden yourself better! We kind of saw you a while ago when you arrived.”

CALM DOWN, DAKOTA. CALM DOWN.

“Surprise, surprise!” Alex blurted, a triumphant grin curling on his lips.

DAKOTA. CALM DOWN. KEEP IT COOL.

“Alex…” I mumbled slowly. “Max…”

They looked at me, still laughing.

“You little devils…”

They stopped.

Tears trickled down my cheeks. I couldn’t help it anymore. I missed them so much, even though they’re complete morons.

Even though—I hated to admit this—they pulled off an act on me again.

Alex leaned close to me, and I started hitting him. “You idiot!”

He grinned widely and pulled me into his arms. “We missed you.” He pulled away and leaned closer, his face inches from mine. I stared into his beautiful blue-eyes and felt like I was falling in love with him all over again.

Just as he was about to kiss me, I covered his mouth with my hand.

He eyed me dubiously, as if saying, ‘what the?’

I laughed and stuck out my tongue. “I’m home.”

And this place is where I found my heaven.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yes, I did remove Part Two because it sucked. I'm so sorry for the confusion. I don't know if I will write a part two of this. I'm not too sure.

BTW, I suggest you reread the final chapter cause I changed the last part.

I'm actually planning to rewrite all this because I am quite aware that this is too cliche and unrealistic. I'm a bit of a perfectionist after all. I also didn't like how I resolved the problem, and the development between Alex and Dakota seemed all too fast. Man, I suck.

I am very sorry for causing such trouble to you, my dear readers.

Anyway, opinions anyone? Anything would help.