Status: COMMENTSUBSCRIBE <3 I lurvee you guys. (:

Finding Heaven

six

“Dakota?” Chase shook my shoulders worriedly.

I wiped away the tears with my jacket’s sleeve, and turned to look at Chase’s face, now flushed with anxiety and bewilderment.

“You know,” I began, forcing a smile onto my lips. “I think we should hang out.”

“You’re not okay.” He stated pensively. “What’s wrong?”

“I’m seriously alright.” I shook my head. “I’ll see you later.”

~

The only class Alex and I shared was English. And yes, of course, Daniella shared it with us as well.

Forget about her—

Alex seemed to be okay—not that I was expecting him to be affected—since he acted like his normal self around his friends. He passed by me nonchalantly several times, with Daniella’s arm around his. She winked at me annoyingly. I managed to smile at her menacingly in return.

What can I say—the damn whore pissed me off so much that I wanted to kick her probably surgically-enhanced butt because it was so damn big.

They took their seats a row behind me, and yes, I could still hear Daniella’s flirty voice from here, and I swear I heard her say something like, come on Alex, I’m way hotter than that little girl you’re friends with.

At least this little girl isn’t some bitch.

I rolled my eyes and waited impatiently for the bell to finally ring so I could get the hell out of here and be as far away as I could from the two of them.

~

Later that afternoon, as promised, Chase took me someplace where I could enjoy myself and stop thinking about the things that had happened.

But nothing seemed to help me forget the fact that Alex was becoming more and more distant from me.

“Here,” Chase said, handing me an icedrop and I gratefully took it from him. We were at a park not too far away from Fortsworth.

“Thanks.” I said before I started licking around it like a kid.

“So,” He began, trying his best to make it sound casual and comforting. “Why were you crying? I mean, what happened exactly?”

“Oh, that.”

He nodded.

“That was nothing.” I smiled. “A friend of mine got angry with me.”

“Why?”

Think Dakota—think of a better lie!

“He—I mean she,” I corrected myself. “She got angry with me because I didn’t do as she said. She was warning me about something and…”

Don’t come crying to me when he breaks your heart.

“And well, I realized that time that I should have just believed hi—her.

“It’s not entirely your fault though.” Chase reassured. “As a friend, she should’ve respected your decisions.”

“But what if she was right, after all?” I searched for an answer in his deep, green eyes.

“The decision’s still yours, Dakota.” He answered shortly, searching back at mine.

I sighed and managed a smile. “Thank you.”

Chase smiled back and suddenly he said, “This might be too quick—but you know, I’m not really asking you to answer me quickly—”

Huh?

"—but I... I want to ask you out, Dakota.”

He was asking me out.

The hot guy I liked was asking me out.

The guy Alex had warned me about was asking me out.

Chase is a player, you idiot. He’s only playing with you just cause you’re a little pretty… Don’t come crying to me when he breaks your heart… Whatever... Like him all you want! Alex’s words played through my head.

The decision is yours, Dakota.

I'm sorry, Alex.

“Okay.” I murmured loud enough for only him to hear.
♠ ♠ ♠
Should I change this chapter? Comments highly appreciated :> UNEDITED version.