Status: COMMENTSUBSCRIBE <3 I lurvee you guys. (:

Finding Heaven

seven

After Chase had dropped me back to the dorm, I went straight for Alex and Max's room and knocked.

“He’s not yet back,” Max said worriedly after I’d asked him where Alex was. “I think—I think he went to some club called TranceMix, or something like that.”

“Have you tried reaching his phone?”

Max shook his head, “He doesn’t pick it up.”

“I think we should fetch him ourselves.” I decided. “Come with me.”

“But how will we get there?”

I flipped my cellphone open and searched for Chase’s name in my contacts.

~

The club stereos banged here and there, and everything around him was spinning and moving. He could feel warm breaths around him, and hands were all over his shoulders. Daniella looked at him hopefully with her long-lashed hazel eyes, as if she was waiting for something exciting to happen.

“What’s wrong, babe?” Daniella asked, leaning in closer to his face.

Alex pulled away from her and moved through the crowd. His head hurt and spun wildly, and every part of his body just wanted to collapse.

Shit… I drank too much again, He thought as he clumsily walked to someplace where he could rest. Behind him, he could vaguely hear Daniella calling for him.

He didn’t look back. She wasn’t the person he needed now.

~

“Hey, Max.” Chase greeted him, slapping him a high-five.

“Hey, Chaser.” Max answered back with a wide grin.

Chase and Alex had been friends since the Aldens moved in. They were practically brothers, since they were very close to each other.

“TranceMix is a club a ten-minute drive from here.” Chase stated shortly after we’d slid inside his car. “The guy’s been partying a lot recently, huh?”

“I don’t know exactly what his problem is,” Max sighed. “But it happened after dad called to check on us.”

That was probably why he was acting this way. And not because of...that.

“Uncle Robert did?” I asked a few seconds later.

Max nodded, “I think. I heard Alex shouting over the phone. He even threw it angrily on the bed and then he just… stormed off.”

“Alex had always cursed his dad,” Chase added wistfully.

“Why wouldn’t we?” Max mumbled next to me. “He was a jerk.”

I turned to look at him, “What do you mean?”

“Well—“ I could feel him tense. This was a topic he couldn’t talk about.

“Okay,” I gave him a comforting smile. “Just tell me next time, when you’re ready to talk about it.”

He nodded.

~

“Whoah.” was the perfect word for TranceMix Club.

After we’d parked the car, we sauntered towards the entrance. A big, fat bouncer guy blocked our way. “VIP cards?”

Chase took out something from his wallet—a card—and showed it to the bouncer. “These two are with me.”

“Seventeen above only.” He said firmly, eyeing on Max and me.

“They’re seventeen.” Chase answered. “The guy is just short, and the girl just looks younger than you think she is.”

“IDs.”

“Take me to your manager now.”

“Okay, fine. Get in.” The bouncer let us in shortly.

As soon as we were in, I elbowed Chase, “That was awesome.”

He winked sweetly, making my heart somewhat skip a beat. He took my hand as we weaved through clusters of drunk and party-high people.

It somehow reminded me of the first time we’d met at his party.

Max nudged me and pulled my ear closer to his mouth, “What’s up with you two?” He
pointed a finger at Chase and mine’s entwined hands.

I almost forgot to tell him. “We’re together.”

He made an ‘oh’ expression, with his mouth shaped like an O, “How?”

I glanced at Chase to see if he was, you know, listening. He was focused on the crowds, searching for Alex. I leaned closer to Max, “He asked me out a while ago,”

He looked nervous, “Does… um… Alex know?”

I shook my head.

Alex would definitely kill me. He’ll probably never talk to me ever again. But… I won’t give up on him. I’ll do as I promised—and I don’t think I could completely turn my back on him. After all, between the two of them, Alex was the one who bore the pain more. Max seemed to be more open to me recently… But Alex—

Alex never opened up.

And I doubt he’ll ever will once he finds out.

“Max—“ I was cut off when Chase caught sight of Alex, who was sprawled all over a couch, his head on Daniella’s lap.

What the hell.

We pushed through the teenagers dancing around and walked up towards where Alex and Daniella were.

“Alex, time to go.” I announced, glaring at the Daniella. She was taking advantage of Alex's defenselessness, I see.

“Get lost, dear. Alex is okay,” She spat.

“Hey—“ I pointed a finger at her stupid face “—butt off or I’ll really hit you.”

I gestured for Chase to get Alex up, and he assisted him over the shoulder quickly. Daniella looked at me with loathing like she wanted to snap my head off its socket.

It was amusing, really.

“So sorry for disrupting your sweet time, honey.” I smirked. “We’ll be taking him. I hope you didn’t touch him with your dirty hands.”

And that was when we walked away.

Damn, it felt so good to spit crap in her face.

~

Max sat on the passenger seat next to Chase while Alex and I sat at the back of the car. I felt Alex’s forehead—it was so warm. He reeked of mixed club smoke, beer, and perfume. I watched his face and he looked as if he was in pain. Max looked back at us worriedly.

“Is he okay?” He asked.

“He’s sick.” I said. “I think we’d better buy some medicines on the way.”

I looked out the window when suddenly his head leaned on my left shoulder. I looked at him and saw him sleeping so soundly that he looked like an innocent kid.

An innocent kid who smelled like a bar, that is. I smiled to myself.

“Hey, you guys okay back there?” He asked, looking at me through the front car mirror.

I nodded and smiled reassuringly at him. His gaze fell back to the road. I closed my eyes and took a rest for a moment.

And then—

“Mom…”Alex whispered, with a tear silently escaping from his eyelids.
♠ ♠ ♠
We'll find out more about Alex's mom the next chapter, so be sure to hold on :") Comment, subscribe, whatever. This update is for all of my readers! :D You guys are my inspiration :)