No, School's Not Just for Preps

Rise And Shine. Time For School?

"I don't whant to go to school!" I Shouted as my mum came in to my dark room and flung the curtain's open allowing the sun entry, into my room.

"You have to go to school, you know what Mrs. Grayson said!"

Last time there was a meeting about missing school, Mrs. Grayson said that I would be suspended if I got a bad report or if I missed school within the next 4 weeks.

"My report can’t get any worse than it is now, so I don’t see what the point of going to school is?"

"Well I do, Don’t you get it? I want you to have a future and a good one," my mum Roxy replied.

"It’s my life, I will do what I want," I said as I shoved my head under my pillow.

"And your my daughter, I have to have some control over what you do. I let you go to late night parties and stay over at friend on week days," she said before I cut her off

"One, there not my friends and two, I hate school"

"To bad, your going!" Mum shouted.

My mother was trying to prove her point, but proving her point wasn't working.

I pulled the blanket over my head and grabbed on to the head board. I knew what was going to happen. My Mum wrapped her hands around my ankles and started pulling and pulling trying and drag me out of bed, fortunately I held on for my life.

"Ok if that’s the way you want it well that’s the way it is," she said walking out the room. She came back in with a glass of water.

"I'm going to do it, It's cold water!" she said gentley tipping the glass in a threatening way.

I jumped out of bed.

"I'M UP, I'M UP!"

"You better go and get dressed so then we can get you to school, nice and early and you won't get suspended!"

Mum wouldn’t allow me to have another day off school. I had already missed 21 days last term and my mum Roxy was determined to get that number to zero.

I rubbed the clogged up eyeliner and mascara from my green eyes with the cotton buds that have being on my bedroom desk for over a week now. I never removed my make up, I just let it fade and just added more and more on top. I then grabbed a tissue and rubbed the rest of it off.

Mum grabbed my uniform from the wardrobe and started taking off all the non-school regulation accessories, like my skull tie and my Mindless Self Indulgence badges. It looked alot tidier.

"Hurry up, and get dressed, I will be down stairs getting breakfast ready," said my mum.

I grabbed the clothes off the bed and started getting dressed. Soon enough I was dressed and went downstairs to protest against breakfast.

"I don’t want breakfast!" I argued.

"Well if your not going to eat the proper breakfast of cereal and toast well at least get fruit!"

We argued for a while with me not succeding I grabbed an apple and a banana and put it in my bag. We then got in the car and drove to school. I got there just before the bell rang.