No, School's Not Just for Preps

Just On Time.

BRING!!!

I had to report to the principles office just to make sure that I was at school on time, which for once I was. I got to change which classes I was in, to try make a fresh start with new people.

My mum and I passed through the corridors and headed towards the head office. We saw one of the students, Gerard, sitting on one of the chairs outside.

Mum knocked on the office door and the lady in the office asked us to come in.

There were two desks in the office. One of them was the kind receptionist who was at least over 60 years of age. The other was for Mrs. Grayson, our principle.

We quickly walked over to the desk to where she was sitting.

"Your here!" Mrs. Grayson snapped, "and you’re looking rather smart, that’s a first."

"Thanks, but I think I looked better how I looked before I changes thank you," I replied rather cheekly.

My mum glanced over at me.

"But your here that’s all that really matters," Mum added sounding hopeful.

"I guess you should go and join you class now," Mrs. Grayson said.

"Jane, please take Lyn-Z to her class now," she added.

The receptionist Jane carefully stood up from behind the desk and S-L-O-W-L-Y walked over to the door.

"This way ladies," Jane said opening the door.

She guided us to my class room, I opened the door and walked over to one of the desks and sat down. Everyone stared at me, class had already started. It was a maths class and the teacher had her name written on the board.

It read 'Miss Love' in thick blue ink.

Jane went over to Miss Love and whispered something in the ear. The teacher nodded her head and then walked back over to the class to continue teaching the lesson.

"Take a seat Lyn-Z," Miss Love said, as she pointed over at an empty seat.

Miss Love was such a nice teacher. It was a shame I wasn’t at school enough to realize that. Miss Love had written on the board something about Pi. I had no idea what this 'Pi' was about but I just pretended. Then there was an interference, somebody was at the door. It was Mrs. Grayson, she was with that boy Gerard, the boy I had seen earlier that morning.

"Mrs. Shields doesn't want Gerard in her science class any more, far too many fire related injurys to other students," Mrs. Grayson said as everyone laughed, except from me.

I stared over at Gerard, Gerard stared back.

Miss Love interrupted, "excuse me, can you please focus?"

I snapped out and started focusing again still pretending to understard the lesson. Soon the bell rang and we were dismissed to our morning break. We quikly left the class and walked out the corridor. I walked the corridor alone, while all the other girls were walking with other girls and even BOYS! I never took much intrest in boys.

I noticed Gerard coming towards me, I smiled.

"Hey, I haven't noticed you around here much," Gerard said trying to start a conversation.

"I don't normally come to school, staying at home is a lot more fun," I replied.

"I supose that makes sense," Gerard said.

"Umm... Yeah."

"We should hang out some time. We seem to have alot in common," Gerard said pointing at my school bag that had a folder, covered in Green Day and The Used pictures on it poking out.

"Yeah that would be great," I said pushing the folder back in my bag and zipping it up. I smiled.

He smiled back.

"See you around," Gerard said as he started walking away.

"Wait, what's your next class?" I asked.

"Art, why?" Gerard replyed.

"Me too."

"Lets go together then."

The strange thing is, Gerard and I are both in exactly the same classes.