Status: Complete and edited

Two is Better Than One

Home pt. 2

Allie’s POV

I was finally home and it felt nice, but I already missed my friends back in Pittsburgh. I had gotten a text this morning from both Alaina and Jordan telling me that they landed and were doing okay. Kris was taking Alaina sightseeing today since she’s hasn’t been to Canada since she was little. Today I was spending the day with my mom, we were doing some very last minute shopping and decorating. Before we went to the mall we stopped for some lunch. While we were at lunch I filled mom in on my life in Pittsburgh.

“So you lived with two of the Pittsburgh Penguins for a few weeks?” My mom asked after I finally told her who Kris’ roommate was.

I chuckled and took a sip of my ice tea. “Yes mom, I was roommates with Kris Letang and Jordan Staal for a few weeks.” Best few weeks of my life “We still live in the same building as them, just one floor below them.”

My mom chuckled. “I’m proud of you honey. You got yourself a job, great friends, and a place to live. Any boyfriends I have to worry about?”

“No, no boyfriend.” I said a bit sadly. “Mom, can I tell you something?”

“Of course baby, what’s up?”

“There is a guy that I like and, well I’m just confused about some things.”

“Like what?” she asked.

“Like if he likes me back because he acts like he does one moment, but the next he’s all big-shot with me. Or he will completely ignore me if we don’t have plans together.” I sighed. “I don’t know mom, I really do like him and I’m ready to make things between us more official, but he’s just being thick headed about things.”

“Well who is this guy first of all?” She asked.

“His name is Jordan.” I told her, hoping she doesn’t ask for a last name or an occupation.

“Jordan, well does Jordan have a last name?”

Not that I want to tell you I couldn’t lie to my mom though, next to Alaina my mom knew almost everything about my life because she was like my best friend. “Staal.” I said quietly.

She gasped and just looked at me. “You have a crush on Jordan Staal?” She asked shocked.

I groaned. “Mom, please don’t call it a crush. You make it sound like we are in elementary school. Yes, I have feelings for him and I’m pretty sure he has feelings for me as well. He just has a hard time showing them I think.”

“Just give him some time. Remember that he is in the spotlight a lot and something like having a girlfriend is a big step for him.”

I just stared at my mom. How did I not think of that? “You’re right, but he’s not in the spotlight as much as Sidney and-“ I stopped and looked around making sure no one was listening into our conversation, because this could not be public knowledge until Sidney and Alaina were ready for it to be. I lowered my voice and motioned for mom to lean closer. “Jordan’s not in the spotlight as much as Sid and he actually has a girlfriend.” I whispered.

“Who?” She gasped.

“Alaina.” I smiled.

“Alaina, as in your best friend Alaina?”

“Yep.”

“Well congrats for her, landing Sid the Kid.”

I nodded and leaned back again. “But you have to keep t quiet, they just started going out and they haven’t gone public yet.”

My mom nodded and signaled for the check. The ride over to the mall we talked about the one thing I didn’t want to talk about. The divorce. The divorce was the reason I hated my dad, he caused it. If he wouldn’t have cheated on mom then there wouldn’t be all this to go through and mom wouldn’t have met Steven. Finally I got so upset that I ended up giving my mom the silent treatment for the rest of the ride.

NEW MESSAGE: Jordan
Ok, I’m ready to go home now.

NEW TEXT: Jordan
You just got there. What’s wrong?

REPLY: Jordan
Mom decided that we needed 2 talk about the divorce and things like that.

NEW TEXT: Jordan
Allie u knew u guys were goin 2 have 2 talk about that eventually.

REPLY: Jordan
*sigh* I know. Hey we r at the mall. Can I call u later?

NEW TEXT: Jordan
Of course. Have fun shopping.=)

REPLY: Jordan
Thanks =) TTYL

Shopping with my mom two days before Christmas was insane. I forgot how much fun it was and how chaotic she could be. She even helped me pick out a new gift for Jordan since I didn’t like the first one I had gotten him. We ended our day with manicures and ice cream. It was days like this that I missed my mom. Once we got home I went up to my old room to put my bags away and wrap some of the presents I bought. While I did this I decided to call Jordan back.

“Hello?” A guy who sounded like Jordan, but wasn’t him.

“Um, hi. Is Jordan there?” I asked

“Yeah, he’s upstairs. Is this Allie?” The man asked.

“Yes it is.”

The man chuckled. “Hi, I’m Eric. Jordan’s brother.”

“Oh! Wow! Hi.” Wow, real smooth there Allie. “Wow, sorry about that. I just had a bit of a fan girl moment.” I said, blushing and mentally smacking myself.

He chuckled again. “It’s okay. From what I heard you’re pretty chill about the whole hockey player thing.”

“I’m guessing you’ve talked to Jordan.”

“Well he is my brother.” He chuckled.

I laughed. “Yeah I guess you’re right. So has Jordan said anything horrible about me?” I asked

“Only that you snore and know absolutely nothing about hockey like you pretend you do.”

“Hey, none of that is true.”

He chuckled again. “I know, no Jordan hasn’t said a single negative thing about you since he’s been home. He can’t stop talking about you actually. I think you’ve captured my little brother’s heart.”

Oh really? “Well between you and me Eric, he’s captured mine.”

“Well that’s good.” I could tell he was smiling. “Shit. Jordan caught me. It was nice talking to you and I want to meet you when we come to Pittsburgh.” Eric said.

“Okay, sounds like a plan. It was nice talking to you too.” I smiled even though he couldn’t see me. I heard some mumbled talking and noise as Eric handed the phone over to Jordan.

“So you alive over there? You finally got to talk to your other favorite Staal brother.”

“I’m her other favorite Staal?!” I heard Eric shout from the other end.

“Shut up Eric!” Jordan yelled and I couldn’t help but laugh. “Sorry about him.”

“It’s fine.” I took out the shirt that I got for Alaina out of the bag and placed it in the box that was sitting on my bed. “So what have you done since you got home?”

“Nothing really, just sat around with my family. This is the first Christmas in a few years that all of us have been home, so my parents are excited. How was your trip to the mall with your mom?”

“Eh, okay I guess. We had fun, got manicures and ice cream. I finished all my shopping.” I smiled

“That sounds like fun. No more talks about the divorce?”

“Not really, but my dad did call me while we were there. He wants to see me on Christmas. Joy.” I said with little emotion.

“Allie,” He said like a father would. “He’s your dad no matter what’s going on legally. He still loves you.”

“I know, but can you blame me for not wanting to see him? He cheated on my mom and he’s the reason mom is dating Steven.”

“Why don’t you like the guy your mom is dating?” He asked

“He’s an asshole. He seems to think that he’s more important to my mom than me. He also doesn’t think I’m a good kid. He tries to control my life.” I half growled.

“Why doesn’t he think you’re a good kid? Allie I know we’ve only known each other for a few months, but you don’t seem to be a wild child or anything. Wait, has he seen you at hockey games? Because you tend to get a little nasty and violent when you go to them.”

“Shut up. I do not get violent at games. I can get nasty, but never violent.” I laughed.

“Oh really? I happen to remember one time when you punched the guy next to you.” He laughed.

“That was an accident! I was drunk! Plus, the guy thought he deserved it so there were no hard feelings. Vero, Alaina, and I sure got laughs out of it. But that was one time!” I laughed at the memory.

“Fine it was one time. So what are you guys doing for Christmas?”

“Um, not totally sure. I know Steven is coming over tomorrow and staying the night and hanging out with us on Christmas. I think I heard my mom say something about going to see his parents. Yeah, I think that will be the time I go see my dad. Other than that, I don’t think we are doing anything. How about you guys?”

“Just hanging out at the house and having dinner. My brothers and I might have a pick-up game of hockey.”

“Surprise, surprise.” I chuckled. “I pick the team that Jared is on to win!” I claimed.

“That hurts, I thought I was your favorite brother.”

“Oh did I say that? I lied.” I laughed. God I loved talking to this man. He made everything better in my life.

“Well we will have to change that, won’t we?” Jordan said.

I was about to answer but a knock at my door stopped me. “Come in.” I called. My door opened and stood there the one person I did not want to see. “Hi Steven. What’s up?”

He glared at me before speaking. “Dinner is ready. Who are you talking to?” He asked looking at my phone.

“None of your business. Now I’ll be down in five minutes.” I told him. Screw respecting your elders.

“I want to know who you are talking to Allison.”

“Don’t call me Allison, my name is Allie. And I don’t care what you want, I’m not telling you who I’m talking to.”

“Allie, is everything okay over there?” Jordan asked. I’m sure he was able to pick up on my change in emotions.

“Yeah.” Was all I said.

Allie,” Steven sneered. “Who? Are? You? Talking? To?” He took a step closer to me.

“My friend!.” I finally yelled. “There you happy? You now know who I’m on the phone with. Now goodbye. I will be down in five minutes for dinner.”

Steven stood there for a little while before finally turning away from me and out my door, slamming it behind him causing me to jump. I let out a shaky breath and tried to keep the tears that were building from falling. He’s never done anything like this before and it really scared me.

“Allie.” Jordan said softly.

I took another deep breath. “Yeah, I’m here.” I said quietly, still trying to keep the tears from falling.

“Are you okay?”

“No. Jordan, I’m scared. He’s never acted like that before.” The tears I was trying so hard to hold back were now falling.

“Allie. Has he ever hit you before?” Jordan asked.

“No. Like I said, that’s the first time he’s acted like that towards me.”

“Well if he so much as touches you, you call me and I will be there as quick as I can.”

“Thank-“

“ALLISON SUMMERS!! GET YOUR ASS DOWN HERE NOW. YOUR FIVE MINUTES ARE UP!” Steven yelled from the steps.

“Shit, Jordan I gotta go. I don’t want to piss him off because I don’t know what he will do. Can I call you after I eat?” I practically begged.

“Yes. Go eat, I’ll talk to you later.”

“Thanks Jordan. I wish you were here with me.” I said before hanging up
.
I got up from my bed and wiped the almost dry tears off my face. I slipped my phone in my pocket and made my way downstairs. Mom and Steven were sitting at the table already eating. I quietly sat down and made myself a plate of spaghetti.

“Thank you for finally joining us.” Steven said.

I just nodded and continued to play with my food. I looked over at my mom and smiled. “Alaina says hi mom and that she misses you.”

“You talked to Alaina? How’s she liking Canada?” She asked.

Quick come up with a lie. “Um, she’s really liking it. She says Kris has taken her all over Montreal. He even took her over to Marc-Andre and Vero’s place for dinner.” I smiled, there that was believable.

“Who are these people you are talking about?” Steven asked, not so nicely.

I looked over at him and had to resist glaring at him. “My best friend Alaina, whom you’ve met, she went to Montreal with her cousin Kris for Christmas. While she is there he took her to his friends’ house.”

“And how do you know these Kris and Marc-something characters?”

“Um, I’m friends with them.”

“How do you know them?”

What was with the Spanish Inquisition? “I met them in Pittsburgh. I met Kris through Alaina and I met the rest of the guys through Kris.” I said.

“Rest of what guys?” He asked raising an eyebrow.

“My friends. Jordan, Marc-Andre, Max, Sid, Evgeni, Chris, Tyler, Matt.” Not giving you last names. I thought to myself.

“They are hockey players, babe.” My mom said and I slapped myself in the head.

“Hockey players? What are you doing being friends with hockey players?” He demanded.

I took a deep breath and tried to control my anger that was bubbling. “I’m friends with them because we have things in common and we get along. I lived with Kris and Jordan before Alaina and I found out own apartment.” Shit, shouldn’t have told him that. The way his face was turning red was a sure sign of that.

“You lived with two hockey players? I bet you slept with both of them as well. Maybe all of their friends too.” He said

My mom gasped. “Steven! Allie, would never do that.” She said.

“Well how else would she be able to be friends with hockey players?” He wanted to know.

Mom was about to say something, but I cut her off by standing up and walking away from the table.

“Alison, you were not excused from this table.” Steven said in that tone that I hated the most
.
I stopped dead in my tracks and spun around. I bet if looks could kill, he would be dead. “One. My name is Allie.” I growled. “Two. You are not my father so you have no right talking to me like that. I am twenty years old, not a child. You have no right to demand things from me or tell me what to do. Three. I am not a slut like you seem to think I am. I did not sleep with the team and I am friends with them because we get along.” I glared at him and then looked at my mom who was horror stricken. “Mom, I’m sorry for acting like this, but I’m going to my room. Please don’t bother me.” I didn’t wait for her response. I turned quickly on my heels and run up the stairs to my room. I slammed my door shut and locked it for extra measures.

I threw myself across my bed and began sobbing. How could he think that about me? I never did anything to him to make him hate me. Sure I wasn’t really nice to him, but he’s replacing my dad. I suddenly knew how Alaina felt. I pulled my phone out of my pocket and dialed my best friend’s number, but it went to voicemail.

Hey, it’s Alaina. Can’t get to my cell. Leave a message and I’ll get back to you…maybe.

“Hey Laney, it’s me. Listen if you get a chance call me back please? I need to talk to you. Love ya. Bye.” I hung up and dial another familiar number.

“Hello?” He answered on the first ring.

I didn’t say anything, I couldn’t because I was crying too hard.

“Allie?! Allie, are you okay?” Jordan asked, worried

“H-He called me a slut.” I sobbed

“Steven?”

I nodded, but then realized that he couldn’t see me. “Yeah.”

“Why did he say that?” He was clearly getting pissed.

“Because apparently I can’t be friends with all of the guys without sleeping with all of you. Especially you and Kris since we lived together for a little while.”

“Did your mom say anything?”

“’Steven! She didn’t sleep with them.’ Or something along the lines of that.” I punched the pillow next to me. “God!” I began sobbing again. I just wanted Jordan here so I could wrap myself up in his hugs.

“God, Allie I wish I was there with you.” He said softly.

“I wish you were here too.”

“I’m sorry.”

“Why are apologizing? Because you can’t be here for me when my mom’s asshole of a boyfriend is being just that? Don’t apologize. I should be the one apologizing because I’m taking all you time away from your family. Go hang out with them. I will talk to you later.”

“You aren’t taking up all my time. I’m just sitting outside. I can stay on the phone with you if you want me to.”

“You don’t have to do that. I think I’m just going to go to sleep. I locked my door, so if Steven stays, which he will, I’ll be okay.”

“Are you sure?”

“I’m sure Jordan. Say hi to your family for me. Even though they don’t know me.” I laughed.

“I will. Call me if you need anything. Sweet dreams Allie.”

“Thanks Jordan. Sweet dreams to you too.”

We hung up and I felt a little bit better since I talked to him. I changed into my pajamas and crawled into bed, but not before I turned my IPod on and listened to my favorite song and put it on repeat.
♠ ♠ ♠
Edited