Status: Complete and edited

Two is Better Than One

I Love You

It’s been two days since I took the test and I haven’t told anyone yet, not even Jordan. I needed to tell him soon since we were leaving in a couple days to go to Vancouver to catch the medal games thanks to Eric. He was going to freak, I just knew he was. What twenty-two year old professional hockey player wants to be tied down to one girl and a baby so early in their life? None, that’s what.

“Allie!” The sound of my mom’s voice calling my name pulled me out of my trance.

I looked up at her and smiled. “Yeah, mom?” I asked

“You’ve been staring off into space for the past five minutes with the same blank look on your face.” She smiled sadly. “And it’s our turn.” She pointed to the nurse that was standing at the door with a smile on her face.

“Oh, sorry.” I mumbled as I picked up my purse and followed my mom into the room.

Today she was finding out what she was having. I sat in the corner while the nurse did everything she needed to before the doctor could do what he needed to do. I stared at the posters surrounding me and started freaking out again, I wasn’t ready for this. I watched mom’s doctor came in and sent a smile in my direction.

“Hello there, Mrs. Summers. How are we feeling today?” He asked, taking a seat next to my mom.

Mom smiled. “Good, finally over the sickness. It was worse this time then with that one over there.” She laughed and pointed to me.

“Yeah, love you too mom.” I chuckled, not really paying attention.

The doctor chuckled and lifted mom’s shirt to squirt the gel on her growing belly. I decided to push my worries behind me and stand next to my mom, to be there for her.

“Everything looks healthy. You want to know what you are having?” The doctor asked, looking between my mom and me.

“Don’t look at me.” I told him, holding my hands out. “It’s not up to me. Mom?”

Mom smiled and nodded. “Yeah, I want to know.”

“Well, Allie. What do you want her to have?”

“I’ll be happy with anything. But I would really love a little brother.” I smiled.

“How about you mom. What do you want?”

“Like Allie said, I’ll be happy with anything.”

“Well let’s not delay this any longer.” He moved the wand around a little more and then stopped. “Mrs. Summers, say hello to your healthy son.”

I gasped and tears sprang to my eyes, mom was having a boy. I was going to have a little brother. I hugged mom who was crying as well. Mom scheduled her next appointment and we headed back to the apartment. Mom called my aunt back in California and my grandparents.

“So mom, are you excited?” I asked her.

“Like you wouldn’t believe. Sweetie, I’ve always wanted a son. So did your father.” She smiled sadly.

“Does daddy know you’re pregnant?”

“No, and he doesn’t need to right now. Though he will probably find out because I have to go back to California in a couple of days to finalize the divorce.”

“What? When, I want to go with you.”

“When you and Jordan leave for Canada.”

“Mom.” I groaned. “Please tell me that Alaina’s mom or Aunt Heather are going with you.” The last thing I needed to worry about was Steven getting to her.

“They both are.”

I nodded, I felt a little better knowing that two people who cared for my mother were going to be with her. But I still wasn’t happy. I realized at that moment that I needed help and the required me having to tell mom. I took a deep breath and let it out slowly.

“Mom, I need to tell you something?” I said, not meeting her eyes.

“ What’s up, baby? It looks like something is bothering you.”

I nodded my head. “I know you have noticed. You aren’t the only one” I took another deep breath and looked my mom in the eyes. “Mom, I’m pregnant.” I whispered, looking away again.

I heard mom gasp and slowly I met her eyes. I saw exactly what I was planning on seeing. Anger, shock, and most of all and the most shocking, sympathy.

“How far along are you?” She asked

“A little more than a month, I think.”

Mom just looked at me, I could tell she was thinking. I closed my eyes and waited for what was to come. The yelling and disappointment I caused her. The lecture on how I was smarter than that.

“This is why you have been acting so weird lately isn’t it?”

Keeping my eyes closed, I nodded. “Yeah it is. Mom, I’m freaking out. I know you are mad at me, but please help me get through this. I still haven’t told Jordan and I need to do that soon, especially since we are leaving for Vancouver in a couple of days.”

“I’m not mad, baby. I’m just disappointed in you. You are smart enough to know not to let this happen, but now that is has you have to live with it. It won’t be bad, Jordan loves you.”

“Mom, you don’t know that. Just because I think I heard him say that doesn’t mean he actually does.” I huffed, close to tears.

“Allie, he doesn’t have to say it for it to be true. He shows it just by the way he looks at you, talks about you, and is around you. Jordan loves you, believe me I know what love looks like. You need to tell him though. Do you want to go to the doctors before you tell him?”

“I don’t know, should I? Mom, this is all very new to me. What would you do?”

“I’d go talk to my boyfriend.” She smiled.

I sighed and nodded, she was right. I grabbed my phone and sent Jordan a text.

NEW TEXT TO: Jordan

Hey, are you home? I need to talk to you.

I bit my lip and hit send. That sounded like a horrible text. He’s probably going to freak out. Why did I say it like that? I jumped when I heard my phone chime, signaling I had a text.

NEW TEXT: Jordan

Yeah I am, what’s up?

REPLY: Jordan

Can I come up?

NEW TEXT: Jordan

Of course babe.

REPLY: Jordan

Ok be up in a few.

“Mom, I’m going up to talk to Jordan.” I said, slipping my sneakers on.

“Okay, sweetie. I may or may not be home. I’m planning on going shopping some, I’m going to need new clothes for court.” She laughed, pointing to her growing stomach.

I laughed. “okay mom. I love you.”

“I love you too sweetie and don’t worry, nothing will happen. He loves you.”

Little did mom know she was wrong. So very wrong. I came home that night and ran right to my room, bawling my eyes out.

***

It has been a few days since I went to Jordan’s apartment and told him and I haven’t heard from him in those two days. I didn’t bother going up to see him because I knew he didn’t want to see me. I was currently laying on the couch and watching whatever Olympic sport was showing, hugging my phone hoping Jordan would call me. Mom sat at the other end of the couch and sent a sad smile in my direction every once in a while. I wasn’t even talking to her right now, I was just in my own little world. Who knew that not talking to the person you love for almost two days after telling them really big news would hurt this much? I thought back to that night, wondering if I did something wrong.

As I walked up the steps to Jordan’s apartment, the nerves turned to excitement. I stopped in front of the familiar door and Jordan opened it just as I was about to knock.

“Hey.” He smiled, giving me a kiss.

“Hey, how are you?” I asked.

“Good, just been watching the Olympics.”

I walked in and sat on the couch. “Listen Jordan, I need to talk to you. Is Kris here?” I asked looking around the apartment.

“No, he went out with Leah for the night.” He took a seat next to me. “What do you need to talk to me about? It’s nothing bad is it?”

“No, not at all.” I took a deep breath. “Jordan, I’m just going to come out and say this. I’m pregnant.” I held my breath and waited for him to say something or even move.

I tired to keep my mind from filling with every negative thing there was. He was pissed. He didn’t really love me enough to be happy. He didn’t love me at all.

I couldn’t take it any more. “Jordan, please say something.” I whispered after five minutes of absolute silence.

“Are-Are you sure?” He finally asked.

“Yes. I took a test two days ago. I think I’m a little more than a month pregnant.”

“You’ve know for two fucking days and you haven’t told me?” Jordan exclaimed, clearly upset.

Tears instantly sprang to my eyes. “Jordan, I was scared! I didn’t know what to do.”

“Um, maybe I don’t know. Tell me?” He ran his hands through his hair and stared out the window. “I can’t take this right now.” With that he got up and grabbed his keys and wallet and walked out the door.

I broke down sobbing as he walked away. He didn’t say anything that was reassuring, he just yelled at me and left. When I was calm enough, I went back to my apartment. Mom was sitting on the couch when I came home.

“You weren’t gone long-” She stopped when she saw me. “Oh sweetie.”

“Just leave me alone for the night.” I snapped, going to my room


“Did I do something wrong?” I finally asked, not taking my eyes off the TV.

“No sweetie you did what you had to. You told him, that’s all you can do. Give him some time to come around. It’s a lot to handle.”

“Mom, it’s been two freaking days! How much more time does he need? We are supposed to leave tomorrow for Vancouver. If he isn’t talking to me today what makes you think he’s going to want to spend time alone with me?” For what seemed like the hundredth time, tears were falling down my cheeks.

Mom was about to say something, but a knock at the door stopped her. “I’ll get it.” She whispered, getting off the couch. I was faintly aware of my mom whispering to someone and then I heard the door shut. I looked up, expecting to see my mom standing there but instead I was met with blue eyes. My heart flipped and we just stared at each other.

“Where’s my mom?” I finally asked, breaking eye contact with him.

“She went for a walk.” He whispered, stepping in front of me. “Allie, we need to talk.”

I snorted. “I tried talking to you, two days ago. All you did was yell at me and stormed out on me.”

Jordan sighed and ran his hands through his hair. He sat on the floor next to me. “I’m sorry for that. I freaked out. I’m not ready to be a father.”

“Oh and I’m ready to be a mom? Jordan, I’m just as freaked out as you are, but I need you to stick with me through this. I can’t do this alone.” I slid off the couch and curled up in Jordan’s lap. Tears once again filling my eyes “Please, can you promise me that?”

Jordan kissed my forehead. “I won’t baby, I promise. I know I didn’t say this the other day, but I am happy for us.”

I smiled at him. “I’m happy too, just scared.”

“I know I am too, but we have our moms to help and Eric. We’ll get through this, don’t worry.”

I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him. When we broke apart, I rested my forehead against his and smiled down at him. “I love you, Jordan.” I whispered.

“I love you, too, Allie.” He whispered, placing a sweet kiss to my lips.

That night Jordan stayed for dinner and left around eight since we had to get up early to catch our flight. I went to bed happy that night. Jordan loved me and he wasn’t upset about the pregnancy.
♠ ♠ ♠
Edited