Status: Complete and edited

Two is Better Than One

Cousin and roomate

I thought Alaina was crazy when she said that she wanted to move to Pittsburgh and wanted me to go with her. But here I was, packing for the move. We had decided that we would only take a suitcase with us because we shipped out stuff out last week with instructions for her cousin about storing the furniture. I was just closing my bag and double checking to make sure I had everything, when my phone buzzed on the nightstand.

NEW TEXT: ALAINA
Are you almost ready to go?

I clicked respond and quickly typed my response,
Yeah, I’ll be over in 10 minutes

My phone viberated again and I clicked open,

NEW TEXT: ALAINA
Ok see in a bit.

I quickly double checked my room in my parents’ house to make sure I had everything. Yes, I still lived with my parents at twenty years old. Grabbing my Penguins hoodie off my chair and putting it on, I smiled. That was the one plus side of moving to Pittsburgh, the Pittsburgh Penguins play there. I grabbed my suitcase and carry on bag and headed down the stairs .

“Mom, I’m ready to go.” I said walking into the kitchen. My mom walked around the corner, dabbing her eyes with a tissue. “Mom, why are you crying?” I asked

“Baby, you’re moving out and leaving me all alone.” She said

“You have Steven now, plus I’m twenty years old it was bound to happen eventually.” I walked over to her and gave her a hug. “I love you mom.”

She hugged me back tightly. “Love you too baby girl.”

Mom cried most of the way to Alaina’s house and to the airport. Was I sad to leave her? Yes, but I was getting to the age where I needed to be on my own. Was I going to miss her? Most diffinently, she’s my mom. What I wasn’t going to miss was the drama of he divorce and Steven. As much as my mom ‘loved’ him, I still didn’t like him.

Mom parked the car in the drop-off zone and got out to hug us goodbye. She hugged us both tightly. “Both of you, please be careful. If you need anything at all, don’t hesitate to call.” She said.

“Don’t worry Mama,” Alaina said. “My cousin lives there along with his friends. They’ll help us with everything.”

Mom smiled and nodded, hugging us again

Alaina and I made our way through security quickly and to our gate, where we got lucky again, and didn’t have to wait long to board. As for the plane ride? That was a different story, we were traveling across country. I sat in my seat and turned on my IPod. Sleeping seemed like the best idea, so that’s what I did. I was out before we even took off.

When I woke up, we were only two hours away from Pittsburgh. I was a bit surprised because that meant that I slept nine hours. I looked to my left and saw that Alaina was awake too. I figured that this was the best time to ask her about the Steel City, since I’ve never been there before and she had. I asked her everything I could think of about the city. Hell I even asked her about the sports teams, even though I knew about their hockey team. We were quiet for a little while, and then I remembered another question for her.

“Alaina, who is your cousin?” I asked. She just smiled at me and went back to her book. That meant that she wasn’t going to tell me. It wasn’t bothering me too much but just enough to drive me crazy. For the remainder of the flight we brainstormed about living spaces, jobs, and other things that we were going to have to do eventually.

After we landed and got our bags, we waited outside for Alaina’s cousin. I pulled out my phone and shot mom a text telling her that we made it okay. I was waiting for my message to send, when I heard a car pull up and stop in front of us. Alaina was sitting on her suitcase, but jumped us as soon as the car stopped.

“Kris!” She yelled, hugging him.

I looked up from my phone and just about dropped it. My best friend’s cousin was one of the best defensemen on the Pittsburgh Penguins, Kristopher Letang.

“Laney,” he smiled, hugging her back. “'ow are you?”

“I’m good, I want you to meet my best friend.” I looked up from my phone again and smiled. “Kris, this is Allie. Allie, this is my cousin Kris.” I was about to say something, but Alaina stopped me. “Yes before you ask, I do know who he is.” She laughed

“'i Allie, it’s nice to finally put a name with the face.” He smiled. Even though I have heard him talk before, hearing his French accent in person was one of the best things ever. It was also one of the most beautiful things I have ever heard.

“Does she really talk about me that much?” I asked, blushing slightly. I can only imagine the things she says about me.

“Yeah mostly.”

I turned and glared at a laughing Alaina. “Thanks Alaina, love you too.”

Kris laughed at us and put our bags in the trunk of his sports car. I climbed into the back, that way Kris and Alaina could catch up with each other. I listened as the two of them talked. I was still a bit shocked that my best friend didn’t tell me that her cousin was one of my favorite players.

“So you two can stay with me until you find your own place.” Kris said

“Thank you Kris, for everything.” Alaina said

“Anything for you Laney, you’re like my baby sister.”

“But yet I am only two years younger than you.” I chuckled lightly as Alaina stuck her tongue out at him.

The rest of the ride was quiet except for the radio playing quietly. I looked out the window, watching the morning city life and thought about how I was going to fit in here. I’ve lived in California my entire life. I was use to beaches, sun, and hot weather. Pittsburgh didn’t have beaches, the sun wasn’t as warm as I was use to, and right now it was almost winter, so it was cold. This was going to take some getting use to for me.

Kris pulled into a parking garage and parked his car. I looked to the left of the garage and saw a really nice looking apartment complex. Quickly Alaina and I grabbed our bags and followed Kris to the elevator.

“Whoa, top floor.” I said quietly to myself. What else was to be expected with a superstar hockey player? Kris chuckled quietly next me and I blushed. The doors opened up with a ding and we stepped out. Kris led us to the last door in the hallway and unlocked it.

“Welcome to your new 'ome.” Kris said pushing open the door. “Well at least for a little while.”

I stared in awe at the large room that I had just walked into. The walls were a boring white color, but they weren’t as bare as I would have expected them to be. There were a couple watercolor paintings of the beach on the wall behind the large black leather couch. There were also pictures from the Stanley Cup Finals, Kris and the Cup, all the guys and the Cup, and there was even a few pictures of Kris and his best friend Luc. There was a large flat screen TV mounted on the wall surrounded by a large stereo system. It wasn’t you normal bachelor pad, but it still was at the same time.

“Allie, your room is down the hall, third door on your right. Alaina, yours is down the hall, second door on your right. The bathroom is the first door on the left side.” Kris said. “All of your stuff is in Alaina’s room, we would have separated it but we didn’t know who’s was what.”

Alaina went over and kissed his cheek. “Don’t worry about it. You’ve done more than enough for us.” She said. “Thank you.”

“You’re welcome Laney. Listen, we 'ave the day off today. What do you want to do?”

“I don’t know…what is there to do around here?”

“You’ve been 'ere before.” He teased. “Why don’t we just 'ang out with some of the guys today? That way you can see them again and Allie can meet them.”

I paid a little more attention to the conversation when I heard this. Spend the day with some of the Pittsburgh Penguins? Yes please. I just stood there quietly, not letting the excitement that that was rushing through my body show. Alaina looked at me and flashed me a knowing smile. She knew I would have no objection to just hanging out here with the team.

“That actually sounds like fun.” She said. “Maybe I’ll get lucky with one of them.” She wiggled her eyebrows and hips and Kris groaned. Alaina and I started laughing. Kris was going to be so sick of us by the time we found our own place.

“I’ll call some of the guys. Why don’t you two go unpack some and I’ll let you know when they get here.” Kris said, turning for the kitchen.

While I was unpacking my suitcase and some boxes, I heard the front door open and shut. Alaina had told me that Kris had a roommate, so my guess was that was him. I could here them laughing and carrying on. There was a light knock on my door.

“Come in.” I said

“Allie, Kris wants us to meet his roommate.” Alaina said, smiling. I felt like she knew something that I didn’t. Knowing Alaina, she probably did.

“Okay,” I looked down at my Penguins hoodie and torn jeans. I probably should’ve changed but I was comfortable.

“You look fine,” She said, laughing. I looked up at her and smiled. She knew me so well.

I turned to walk out the door, but ended up smacking into the wall instead. “Shit.” I mumbled. Alaina busted out laughing and I couldn’t help but join in because it was a funny situation.

“Did you seriously just walk into the wall?” She asked between laughs.

“I did.” I giggled

“What’s going on down there?” Kris called

“Allie just walked into the wall.” Alaina answered. I could here Kris and his roommate chuckle.

“Come on, let’s go meet the new roomie.” I rolled my eyes and followed Alaina to the living room.

I was still rubbing my nose when I walked into the living room behind Alaina. As soon as I saw our new roommate, I dropped my hand quickly and blushed. Great first impression there Allie. I scolded myself. Standing next to Kris was a guy with blond hair and the most beautiful blue eyes I have ever seen. Those said eyes were trained on my face, just looking at me. I blushed and looked into his blue eyes, I could tell he was smiling without even looking down at his mouth. His eyes said it all. I blushed and looked away quickly, my heart and stomach fluttering like crazy.

“Allie,” Kris calling my name pulled my out of my little daze. I looked at him and smiled. “This is my roommate and teammate, Jordan. Jordan this is Alaina’s best friend Allie.”

“Hi,” I said shyly.

“Hey,” he stuck out his hand and I took it. As soon as our skin touched I suppressed a gasp as it felt like a shock traveled through my body. He smiled down at me, “I didn’t know Alaina had friends.”

Alaina smacked his shoulder and glared at him. “Of course I have friends.” She said

“I’m the bestest.” I said, hugging her.

“Hell yeah you are.” Kris and Jordan laughed at our antics.

“Girls, the rest of the guys will be over in about 'alf an 'our.” Kris said

“Okay cool, we are going to finish putting our things away.” Alaina said turning for her room, leaving me alone with Kris and Jordan. I stood there completely star struck and I tried to hide it. I stood in the middle if the living room awkwardly, just looking at Kris and Jordan.

Jordan smiled at me again, and again my stomach flipped. “So you’re a Pens fan?” He asked.

I blushed and looked down, cursing my hoodie. “Yeah,” I said quietly.

“That’s cool, so who’s your favorite player?”

“Um, Crosby, Malkin, Fleury, Talbot,” I blushed again. Go on, admit it to them that they are on your list too, I told myself. “Also you and Kris too.” I added quietly. Jordan’s smirk turned from flirty to cocky in a split second, Kris also smiled at me. I rolled my eyes lightly at their reactions. Like they’ve never been told that before? I decided that I was going to mess with them a little. “Don’t let it go to your head there Staal. You too Letang.” I smirked.

“Why would you think it would got to my head?” Jordan asked, leaning coolly on the door jam.

“Because you are a professional athlete, most athletes let compliments like that go to there heads, booting their egos.” I explained.

Kris choked on the sip of beer he had just taken, I looked at him and raised an eyebrow. “Does that apply to me too?” He asked once he was able to catch his breath.

“It sure does.” I smiled. It was Jordan’s turn to choke. I smiled at the boys again and went to my room.

When I was in the safety of my room, I let out a shaky breath. I laid back on the bed and stared at the plain ceiling. I’ve never seen eyes so blue before or been affected by a boy, well guy, like that before. But I was by Jordan Staal.
♠ ♠ ♠
Edited.